Magpie at the Hawthorn smellodrone

Bleve

Guest
As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!

Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
Tuesday ....

Bleve wrote:
> As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
> beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!
>
> Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
> didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
> annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
> intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
> Tuesday ....

Wanted: rocket propelled, self-guided magpie ahnnilator, preferably in
the next four weeks.

ray wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
> > As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
> > beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!
> >
> > Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
> > didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
> > annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
> > intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
> > Tuesday ....
> >

> Wanted: rocket propelled, self-guided magpie ahnnilator, preferably in
> the next four weeks.

He's not that sharp, I reckon if I wasn't concentrating on riding, I'd
have been able to catch him by hand, it was a pretty clumsy swoop. I'm
not condoning killing him, but I bet someone who trains there, or takes
their kids there, will kill him, more's the pitty. I was kinda hoping
he'd swoop the tool who was there this arvo with no helmet on :) That
black beany won't help you, chum!

Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
> he'd swoop the tool who was there this arvo with no helmet on :) That
> black beany won't help you, chum!

Ah. So maybe it's the helmet that's causing the danger! It could be that
the helmet is attracting the bird because it's shiny. Yet more proof
that helmets might do more harm than good. ;))

*runs away*

--
..dt

Bleve wrote:
> As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
> beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!
>
> Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
> didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
> annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
> intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
> Tuesday ....

Well at least the other sod has gone. We will just invite him to our
next barbie hey :)

Roast Magpie.. Lovely

Dave

ray wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
>
>> As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
>> beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!
>>
>> Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
>> didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
>> annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
>> intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
>> Tuesday ....
>>

> Wanted: rocket propelled, self-guided magpie ahnnilator, preferably in
> the next four weeks.

Hmmmmphhhhpppp. THere are solutions.

Dave

Bleve wrote:
> ray wrote:
>
>>Bleve wrote:
>>
>>>As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
>>>beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!
>>>
>>>Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
>>>didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
>>>annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
>>>intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
>>>Tuesday ....
>>>

>>Wanted: rocket propelled, self-guided magpie ahnnilator, preferably in
>>the next four weeks.

> He's not that sharp, I reckon if I wasn't concentrating on riding, I'd
> have been able to catch him by hand, it was a pretty clumsy swoop. I'm
> not condoning killing him, but I bet someone who trains there, or takes
> their kids there, will kill him, more's the pitty. I was kinda hoping
> he'd swoop the tool who was there this arvo with no helmet on :) That
> black beany won't help you, chum!

Ahhh. THe other guy was an arial ace. THis one sounds like a young
whippersnapper. A chance he will just learn then. It sort of makes
sense he is a little close to where the red baron was living. He
might just have moved into the vacuam. Lets train him :)

Dave

dave said:
ray wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
>
>> As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
>> beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!
>>
>> Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
>> didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
>> annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
>> intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
>> Tuesday ....
>>

> Wanted: rocket propelled, self-guided magpie ahnnilator, preferably in
> the next four weeks.

Hmmmmphhhhpppp. THere are solutions.

Dave

as per other posts there is a soluition..its called a porcupine suit with a mouse trap on top..

> Ahhh. THe other guy was an arial ace. THis one sounds like a young
> whippersnapper. A chance he will just learn then. It sort of makes
> sense he is a little close to where the red baron was living. He
> might just have moved into the vacuam. Lets train him :)
>
> Dave

It's obvious that Mr Maggie has yet to find himself a good
mentor......."aahh grasshopper, first to make successfull swoop,one must see
big picture"! (ala kung-fu)

DJ

On 16 Aug 2006 21:47:53 -0700, "Bleve" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>As the subject says .. he lives at the city end, I have 3 nice
>beak-shaped dents in my helmet, thanks chum!
>
>Not very persistant (or perhaps, he's smart and cottoned on that no, I
>didn't want to eat his babies?), he gave up after a few laps and
>annoyed someone else, or maybe got tired. I should get him doing
>intervals :) I expect we'll get quite familiar, he wasn't doing it on
>Tuesday ....

He's wasn't active yesterday, but he had a go at me today. He wasn't
particularly aggressive or persistent. On my next lap he was having a
go at a guy riding down the road Then he hid behind a tree and stayed
there.

--
Regards.
Richard.