Dear Jan,
If you like, you may do a search for "Algavore" to see
something of my experience regarding this topic.
Like most anyone today -- I'm sure you know how annoying it
is to open your email box and find it clogged with
unsolicited spam messages.
Relatedly, "netiquette" used to require that visitors to
USENET and other groups maintain the same kind of decorum
that would be socially acceptable in a non-anonymous
setting, namely being respectful of the community and
keeping within the bounds of appropriate decorum within
that group.
Certainly not "spamming" it.
That, however, is exactly what occurred and eager though
indiscreet Cell Tech distributors breached ongoing threads
and with un germane solicitations promoting CT products.
In exasperation, Mark Thorson began posting his researched
memorandums in response to these intrusions in the hope of
halting them.
You will find, on close reading, that his "repostings" are
always in response to such a spamming.
In fact, he frequently offered publicly to cease publishing
them if spammers would cease intruding inappropriately.
I specifically asked principals at Cell Tech to establish
and publish a simple rule enjoining Cell Tech distributors
from so doing.
They did not do so.
Hence (in my opinion) the entire unnecessary affair.
The problem was further compounded (again my opinion) by
Christian Drapeau's condescending, arrogant and evasive
responses to Mark Thorson's posts.
Regarding Microcystin, Christian wrote me that although he
conceded that they "irreversibly bound to liver enzymes"
that it was not "cumulative" because these enzymes "rolled
over" naturally according to "many studies."
When I asked him to provide a citation regarding this, his
final (of many which I have on record) emails to me
dismissed the subject by saying that I obviously would
"rather believe Mark Thorson's lies."
(He also repeatedly maintained that Mark Thorson was "not
qualified to interpret the scientific evidence" , although,
as it happens, Drapeau's qualifications are virtually equal
to Thorson's.)
In any case, the consequence of Drapeau's responses and Cell
Tech's refusal to establish a rule requiring CT distributors
not to spam USENET, is that for essentially all future time,
anyone doing a USENET (google group) search for such terms
as "super blue green algae" will find those threads.
Should Cell Tech reenter momentous growth attracting media
attention again, some reporter will no doubt find a ready
source of exciting material which will quench that product's
expansion.
Which is a shame.
(The algae did help a lot of people including saving my
girlfriend's life outright and dramatically helped many
others I personally know of.)
Ultimately though, the Great Microcystin Mismanagement all
but wiped out a very solid near $5000. gross monthly
household income for me which I worked very hard to create.
Lots of people lost homes, families, and you may know of one
very lovely Double Diamond - is not around any more.
The whole thing is very sad.
But in my opinion - Mark Thorson did not "cause" it and
personally I do not in any way feel that personal aspersions
regarding his integrity are at all appropriate.
It was all unnecessary.
What's done is done and I encourage you to reconsider your
joust with Mark Thorson in light of this information and the
actual impact of keeping this dead horse afoot.
I do sincerely believe that the algae is safe and excellent
at this time.
And I hope Cell Tech remains alive and experiences wellness.
I wish the same for you and Mark as well. Peace.
*{:-> Patrick Babcock (Cell Tech Distributor since 1989)