Mario Cipollini

jermanie

May 15, 2003
I wish he was in the Tour de France this year. I miss his sprinting toward to the finish and hands up in the air. Long live Lion King!!!!

Originally posted by jermanie
I wish he was in the Tour de France this year. I miss his sprinting toward to the finish and hands up in the air. Long live Lion King!!!!

He probably would have pulled out with Petacchi today, although I'm sure he would have been able to give Petacchi a run for his money in the sprints during the first week.

Originally posted by steve
He probably would have pulled out with Petacchi today

EXACTLY. And that's the reason he is not in the tour this year.

Petacchi disgraced himself and the Tour by pulling out like that. I certainly hope he does not get an invitation next year.

Bravo to the sprinters that respect themselves and the Tour enough to at least finish the race.

Originally posted by mjolnir2k
Petacchi disgraced himself and the Tour by pulling out like that. I certainly hope he does not get an invitation next year.

Petacchi finished the Tour few years ago so u cant compare him to Cipollini.neway Petacchi had a virus that day,the same virus obliged some his teammates to retire as well.

Cipo was a bit rubbish in the Giro to be honest. Petacchi ****** all over him. McEwan too. He was lucky to get his two stages.

I was very dissapointed in Petacchi leaving the tour, but you have to consider the fact that 5 other Fassa Bortolo riders have pulled out as well and the rumours are of a viral infection going around the team, as well as the fact that he was still suffering from his fall in the Giro and not on best form. It certainly makes it a little less disrespectful than Cipo's normal "walking at the first sight of a mountain/hill/bump in the road" tactic.

Petacchi won his 4 stages only cos he's the best sprinter out there,not cos he was in a great shape.he always said that if it wasnt for his teammates he would never have won those cos he felt really bad during some stages.