Mario vs Petacchi

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan Connelly, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Jim Gravity

    Jim Gravity Guest

  2. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Video is up. It wasn't even close:
    > http://www.raisport.rai.it/raiSportSezioneIndex/0,5785,_78_23_6637,00.html
    >
    > Dan

    good video. looks like cipo came off the wheel way to early, his LO man was still head
    down full gas.

    then, he senses petacchi and tries to close the door by going way off line. Petacchi keeps his cool
    and drops the king of hair gel like a bag of rocks.

    I couldn't tell from the video if petacchi had a train going, or just chose to play off mario.
    anyone see the actual race and know how the last few k's played out?

    Looks like he can just show up and let mario's boys do the dirty work in the final and then come off
    marios wheel when he chooses.

  3. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:
    > Video is up. It wasn't even close:

    Nor was the finish in the following stage, also taken by Petacchi.

    Abdujaparov was able to extend his career as a sprinter by picking finishes where he was at less of
    a disadvantage to the drag racers. Since Cipo's trademark is the drag race finish this wouldn't
    appear to be an option for him.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  4. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (jerry) wrote:

    > Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Video is up. It wasn't even close:
    > > http://www.raisport.rai.it/raiSportSezioneIndex/0,5785,_78_23_6637,00.html
    > >
    > > Dan
    >
    > good video. looks like cipo came off the wheel way to early, his LO man was still head down
    > full gas.
    >
    > then, he senses petacchi and tries to close the door by going way off line. Petacchi keeps his
    > cool and drops the king of hair gel like a bag of rocks.
    >
    > I couldn't tell from the video if petacchi had a train going, or just chose to play off mario.
    > anyone see the actual race and know how the last few k's played out?
    >
    > Looks like he can just show up and let mario's boys do the dirty work in the final and then come
    > off marios wheel when he chooses.

    I keep reading that Petacchi has a train, but they sure don't look or work like Cipo's.
    Petacchi really does make good use of whoever happens to be at the front (often Cipo's guys, or
    Cipo himself).

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "Food plus heat equals cooking"
    Alton Brown

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  5. Bob Schwartz wrote:

    > Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:
    >
    >>Video is up. It wasn't even close:
    >

    > Nor was the finish in the following stage, also taken by Petacchi.
    >
    > Abdujaparov was able to extend his career as a sprinter by picking finishes where he was at less
    > of a disadvantage to the drag racers.

    ...and also by taking performance-enhancing drugs...