Mavic Crossride 2006

Mark0s

Guest
Just ordered one of these wheels for the back - the one with bladed
spokes. Has anyone got these wheels and what do they think of them for
general use (no big jumps or serious thrashing)

"Mark0s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just ordered one of these wheels for the back - the one with bladed
> spokes. Has anyone got these wheels and what do they think of them for
> general use (no big jumps or serious thrashing)

You could have built yourself a pair for probably cheaper and better quality
components.

I wonder if Mavic uses chinese spokes...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Mark0s wrote:
> Just ordered one of these wheels for the back - the one with bladed
> spokes. Has anyone got these wheels and what do they think of them for
> general use (no big jumps or serious thrashing)

My brother rides on some 05's and they seem to treat him well.

Matt

Mark0s wrote:
> Just ordered one of these wheels for the back - the one with bladed
> spokes. Has anyone got these wheels and what do they think of them for
> general use (no big jumps or serious thrashing)

I put these on my Switchblade, and really like them. They're light,
strong, and roll very well. I have an earlier iteration of this wheel
on one of my hardtails, and over 7 yrs of aggressive use, NO PROBLEMS.
Never gone out of true, still roll fast.

These were commended to me by my favorite bike shop/riding buddy, the
Dirt Dart, who ran them for a few months on his freeride bike, and
jumped and dropped them moderately aggressively. Which is surprising
for light, xc wheels. I've just proven the quality of the Mavic house
wheels over the years.

I dropped the bike from rock to rock about 4' last night at speed, and
was a little nervous, but again, NO PROBLEMS.

IMNSHO, they look great, and for light to aggressive xc use, are great.
YMMV.

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> Mark0s wrote:
>> Just ordered one of these wheels for the back - the one with bladed
>> spokes. Has anyone got these wheels and what do they think of them
>> for general use (no big jumps or serious thrashing)

> I put these on my Switchblade, and really like them. They're light,
> strong, and roll very well. I have an earlier iteration of this wheel
> on one of my hardtails, and over 7 yrs of aggressive use, NO PROBLEMS.
> Never gone out of true, still roll fast.
>
> These were commended to me by my favorite bike shop/riding buddy, the
> Dirt Dart, who ran them for a few months on his freeride bike, and
> jumped and dropped them moderately aggressively. Which is surprising
> for light, xc wheels. I've just proven the quality of the Mavic house
> wheels over the years.
>
> I dropped the bike from rock to rock about 4' last night at speed,
> and was a little nervous, but again, NO PROBLEMS.
>
> IMNSHO, they look great, and for light to aggressive xc use, are
> great. YMMV.
>
> CDB

Says more about your riding skills than the equipment ;)
--
Phil Lee, Squid

"Phil Lee, Squid" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Phil,
Congrats. I just noticed you are no longer a "squid in training" but a full
fledged "squid"!!!

Drew

Phil Lee, Squid wrote:
> Paladin wrote:but again, NO PROBLEMS.
> >
> > IMNSHO, they look great, and for light to aggressive xc use, are
> > great. YMMV.
> >
> > CDB

> Says more about your riding skills than the equipment ;)
> --
> Phil Lee, Squid

Thanks, (I think). Just when I was wanting to start shouting, whoo da
man?! I realized that a 12yr old kid followed me right down the whole
line on his hardtail... jimminy christmas, kids these days....

CDB

Drew wrote:
> "Phil Lee, Squid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

> Phil,
> Congrats. I just noticed you are no longer a "squid in training" but
> a full fledged "squid"!!!
>
> Drew

Yep... I got a real job - one where I can actually make a living without
scholarship money ;)
--
Phil Lee, Squid