Measure HR while you sleep

matteobma

Apr 8, 2004
Hello,
In order to know my HR rest, I have tried to measure it while sleeping; but without sweat, is very difficult for monitor chest belt :rolleyes:
Retrying with some drops of water between skin and chest-belt is a little bit better, but after some hours, HR monitor lost signal.

Somebody have tried with specific ECG gel? Does it works also after hours?

Thank's for your answer..., and have a nice day.

:) Ciao Matteo

There is no HRM out there which it can pick up my HR without the gel. I don't know that it could last hours, but you could try. Make sure you use it enough.

Best,

Soo-re

I indoor train in an unheated attic - morning temps in the 40's. If I didn't use Buh-Bump cream, I wouldn't get a reading on my HR monitor until well into the workout.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.get-rhythm.com/principles.html

Most of the major online bike products retailer carry the stuff (or its equivalent), or you can order directly from Get-Rhythm.

matteobma said:
Hello,
In order to know my HR rest, I have tried to measure it while sleeping; but without sweat, is very difficult for monitor chest belt :rolleyes:
Maybe I'm just naturally moist during sleep :), but I had no trouble with the chest strap the one time I tried recording my HR while sleeping. Recorded an average of 43 bpm, minimum 36 bpm. I don't know if the random spikes are instrumentation error or just "natural."

Berend

I am just getting into bicycing and I wanted to know how fast my heart is beating when I am peddling hard. I ordered a heart rate moniter online. The picture looks as if it goes on my wrist like a watch. I guess that I need to be enlightened on HR moniters. Thanks
squidwranglr said:
Maybe I'm just naturally moist during sleep :), but I had no trouble with the chest strap the one time I tried recording my HR while sleeping. Recorded an average of 43 bpm, minimum 36 bpm. I don't know if the random spikes are instrumentation error or just "natural."

Berend