Medieval hearts were better than ours

Lester T. Linpo

Guest
I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.

So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.

Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.

"Lester T. Linpord" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
>
> So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
>
> Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.

Well, OK. I think, however, very few people in the middle ages were knights - especially females.
And there may have been a serious downside to swordfights and jousting which precluded the
development of heart problems - at least those of the type typically encountered today.

Bill

"Lester T. Linpord" wrote:

> I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
>
> So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
>
> Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.

Seems that Bob Pastorio subscribes to your theory :)

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

But he does have heart problems :-(

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Lester T. Linpord) wrote:

>I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
>
>So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
>
>Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.

Sure. They kill you before you have a chance to die of a heart attack. Average life expectency in
the 13th century was in the 30's.

--
* PAUL K. BRANDON [email protected] *
* Psychology Dept Minnesota State University *

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> "Lester T. Linpord" wrote:
>
>>I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
>>
>>So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
>>
>>Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.
>
> Seems that Bob Pastorio subscribes to your theory :)

Chung's Truth Discernment Ray is at it again. <LOL> Poor sap.

> http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

I urge everyone to go to this page and see what a charlatan, fraud, quack, hypocrite and liar (did I
leave anything out...?) he is.

> But he does have heart problems :-(

Zowie. Now Chung has his Remote Diagnostic Ray working. I bet he keeps it in his Bat bel...um,
ChungBelt with all the compartments for the attachments to his Truth Discernment Ray Gun. There's
the "Look Across the Sea and Sense Somebody's BMI attachment" and the Look Into the Heart of Anybody
Who Disagrees with Chung" optional eyepiece.

What a guy. Kind of amazing for a charlatan, fraud, quack, hypocrite and liar. Poor guy just keeps
doing the same trick again and again. Does the same thing repeatedly and expects a different result.
Classic definition of insanity.

Poor unbalanced Chung.

Bob

Bob wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > "Lester T. Linpord" wrote:
> >
> >>I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
> >>
> >>So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
> >>
> >>Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.
> >
> > Seems that Bob Pastorio subscribes to your theory :)
> <hiss>
>
> > http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp
>
> <hiss>
>
> > But he does have heart problems :-(
>
> <hiss sputter hiss hiss>
>
> Bob Pastorio

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

FYI Note:

This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach
and have lost the argument soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this discussion thread(s).

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under the
cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were made:

(1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(2) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2PD to achieve near-
ideal weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V5D042C47
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line (including jpegs of the actual
diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack Dr.
Chung's credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example
is Mr. Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

(6) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(7) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(8) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(9) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(10) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD above the din of hissing from
the peanut gallery.

Andrew

--

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Lester T. Linpord" wrote:
>
> > I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
> >
> > So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
> >
> > Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.
>
> Seems that Bob Pastorio subscribes to your theory :)
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp
>
> But he does have heart problems :-(
>

> Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
>
> Andrew

Dr Chung

I'm awfully sorry that you've had such problems with Mr Pastorio. I feel a little bit responsible,
because misc.writing is pretty much his home group, and we should have kept up his therapy -- you
know how it works with these trolls, if you keep them fed and happy at home they don't wander, but
we were so *bored* with his constant lies, defamations and ludicrous food-based nonsense that we let
him slip away.

Your diet sounds wonderful. However, I'm worried about its similarities to Professor Chudov's
patented Two Pounds of **** Diet. Chudov shows that weight can be rapidly lost if the patient eats
two pounds of faeces each day (it doesn't matter the origin and it's perfectly all right to add
flavourings, so long as they do not increase the weight by more than an ounce or two). I used to
have a link to his site, but I'm afraid I've mislaid it. However, one of the regulars in
misc.writing, William Palmer, is a proselyte of Professor Chudov's and I hope he'll be willing to
share some information on the benefits of eating **** daily.

Anyway, please don't let savages like Bob Pastorio get you down. You're doing fantastic work, and
that should be applauded, not so savagely libelled by the likes of Bob.

Zen

[email protected] (Dr Zen) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Lester T. Linpord" wrote:
> >
> > > I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
> > >
> > > So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
> > >
> > > Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.
> >
> > Seems that Bob Pastorio subscribes to your theory :)
> >
> > http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp
> >
> > But he does have heart problems :-(
> >

> > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
> >
> > Andrew
> >

> Dr Chung
>
> I'm awfully sorry that you've had such problems with Mr Pastorio. I feel a little bit responsible,
> because misc.writing is pretty much his home group, and we should have kept up his therapy -- you
> know how it works with these trolls, if you keep them fed and happy at home they don't wander, but
> we were so *bored* with his constant lies, defamations and ludicrous food-based nonsense that we
> let him slip away.
>
> Your diet sounds wonderful. However, I'm worried about its similarities to Professor Chudov's
> patented Two Pounds of **** Diet. Chudov shows that weight can be rapidly lost if the patient eats
> two pounds of faeces each day (it doesn't matter the origin and it's perfectly all right to add
> flavourings, so long as they do not increase the weight by more than an ounce or two). I used to
> have a link to his site, but I'm afraid I've mislaid it. However, one of the regulars in
> misc.writing, William Palmer, is a proselyte of Professor Chudov's and I hope he'll be willing to
> share some information on the benefits of eating **** daily.
>
> Anyway, please don't let savages like Bob Pastorio get you down. You're doing fantastic work, and
> that should be applauded, not so savagely libelled by the likes of Bob.
>
> Zen

Doesn't bother me.

Here's why:

Jesus teaches as written in Matthew 5:

10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom
of heaven.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> [email protected] (Dr Zen) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:<[email protected]>...

>>>Seems that Bob Pastorio subscribes to your theory :)
>>>
>>>http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp
>>>
>>>But he does have heart problems :-(
>>>
>>>Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
>>>
>>>Andrew
>>
>>Dr Chung
>>
>>I'm awfully sorry that you've had such problems with Mr Pastorio. I feel a little bit responsible,
>>because misc.writing is pretty much his home group, and we should have kept up his therapy -- you
>>know how it works with these trolls, if you keep them fed and happy at home they don't wander, but
>>we were so *bored* with his constant lies, defamations and ludicrous food-based nonsense that we
>>let him slip away.

Zen, as usual, you have your series messed up. It's food-based lies, inflammations and the North
American tour with Ludacris.

>>Your diet sounds wonderful. However, I'm worried about its similarities to Professor Chudov's
>>patented Two Pounds of **** Diet. Chudov shows that weight can be rapidly lost if the patient eats
>>two pounds of faeces each day (it doesn't matter the origin and it's perfectly all right to add
>>flavourings, so long as they do not increase the weight by more than an ounce or two). I used to
>>have a link to his site, but I'm afraid I've mislaid it. However, one of the regulars in
>>misc.writing, William Palmer, is a proselyte of Professor Chudov's and I hope he'll be willing to
>>share some information on the benefits of eating **** daily.
>>
>>Anyway, please don't let savages like Bob Pastorio get you down. You're doing fantastic work, and
>>that should be applauded, not so savagely libelled by the likes of Bob.
>>
>>Zen
>
> Doesn't bother me.

Note how Chung seems to believe that you actually sympathize with him. <LOL>

> Here's why:
>
> Jesus teaches as written in Matthew 5:
>
> 10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom
> of heaven.

See, Chung thinks that because everybody knows he's a total fool with no integrity that it has
something to do with his wacko, cultist, Taliban-like religious zealotry. That it bears on his
relentless proselytizing unconnected passages from the bible to chastise, berate, and finally
punish people for their intransigence for not believing exactly as he does. That somehow it has to
do with his sophistic errancy in promoting his version of Christianity of Convenience. Or that it
has to do with his apparent incapacity to offer science for his shaky pronouncements and
questionable opinions.

Not a bit of it. People think he's a total fool for several other reasons including that he's a
fraud, a quack, a charlatan and a liar. Because he's posted anti-Semitic and anti-gay notes. Things
like that. Well, that's not all of it, though.

He's decided that Jesus as god is the humblest person in the universe. He's decided and insists that
2 pounds of potatoes contains 3600 calories. He put false information on the AMA web site wherein he
claimed to have hospital privileges where he didn't. He's since taken that info off the site when
several people asked about it.

> Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/
>
> --
> Who is the humblest person in the universe?

This is a post, written by Chung, that he uses as the reference and proof for his humblest in the
universe deal. He used to sign himself as humble, but even he couldn't pull that off, what with
arrogance, hubris and several sorts of deceits and manipulative ploys.

> http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

But other than those few flaws, I'm sure that Chung is a perfectly fine companion and would make
excellent fertilizer.

Pastorio

Bob wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > [email protected] (Dr Zen) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >>"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:<[email protected]>...

> >>Dr Chung
> >>
> >>I'm awfully sorry that you've had such problems with Mr Pastorio. I feel a little bit
> >>responsible, because misc.writing is pretty much his home group, and we should have kept up his
> >>therapy -- you know how it works with these trolls, if you keep them fed and happy at home they
> >>don't wander, but we were so *bored* with his constant lies, defamations and ludicrous food-
> >>based nonsense that we let him slip away.
>
> <hiss>
>
> >>Your diet sounds wonderful. However, I'm worried about its similarities to Professor Chudov's
> >>patented Two Pounds of **** Diet. Chudov shows that weight can be rapidly lost if the patient
> >>eats two pounds of faeces each day (it doesn't matter the origin and it's perfectly all right to
> >>add flavourings, so long as they do not increase the weight by more than an ounce or two). I
> >>used to have a link to his site, but I'm afraid I've mislaid it. However, one of the regulars in
> >>misc.writing, William Palmer, is a proselyte of Professor Chudov's and I hope he'll be willing
> >>to share some information on the benefits of eating **** daily.
> >>
> >>Anyway, please don't let savages like Bob Pastorio get you down. You're doing fantastic work,
> >>and that should be applauded, not so savagely libelled by the likes of Bob.
> >>
> >>Zen
> >
> > Doesn't bother me.
>
> <hiss>
>
> > Here's why:
> >
> > Jesus teaches as written in Matthew 5:
> >
> > 10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of
> > heaven.
>
> <hiss sputter hiss hiss>
>
> > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
> >
> > Andrew
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/
> >
> > --
> > Who is the humblest person in the universe?
>
> <hiss>
>
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147
>
> <hiss>
>
> Pastorio

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding did not request that the header be trimmed, I have not trimmed it.
If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Bob
(2) Report Bob to his ISP
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

Bob's pathological obsessions are related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described
completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
[...]

(6) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(7) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
[...]

Everything left intact in case anyone would consider wasting time reading the macro he appends to
virtually all messages he replies to. His other charming tactic is to delete (the <hiss> in this one
is where my words were deleted) or alter quotations in these posts.

Chung has some interesting definitions of what trolling includes. Might want to take notes.

Pastorio
-------------

Bob wrote:

> <sad hiss>
>
> Bob "raging and self-confident" Pastorio

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding did not request that the header be trimmed, I have not trimmed it.
If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Bob
(2) Report Bob to his ISP
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

Bob's pathological obsessions are related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described
completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
[...]

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> See, Chung thinks that because everybody knows he's a total fool with no integrity that it has
> something to do with his wacko, cultist, Taliban-like religious zealotry.

And decides to crosspost those views into a gazillion groups (this included) because he knows you
use them occasionally?

Nice

Steve Pritchard wrote:

> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>See, Chung thinks that because everybody knows he's a total fool with no integrity that it has
>>something to do with his wacko, cultist, Taliban-like religious zealotry.
>
> And decides to crosspost those views into a gazillion groups (this included) because he knows you
> use them occasionally?
>
> Nice

Yes, isn't it. His funny efforts to embarrass me have fallen as flat as his credibility. I
daresay that posts exposing my less delicate side will shock, surprise and bewilder everybody.
Right. Poor sap.

He has a good scheme going for doing it, though. One of his socks posts the original note and
Chung says he's merely responding to them. A very nice pattern of shabby dissembling. He has other
good tricks that any determined troll and spammer could learn. A fine "troll-model" for all the
would-be abusers.

I'd like to suggest that everybody in the Atlanta, GA, area who needs a careful, ethical
cardiologist go see Chung. Tell 'em Bob sent ya. I suspect he'll offer to pray for you. I know
that's what I want from a cardiologist.

Hypocritic Oath, in his case.

Pastorio

[email protected] (Lester T. Linpord) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I think the knights in the Middle-Ages never had such heart-problems as we have today.
>
> So IMO we should live like people in the Middle Ages again.
>
> Swordfights and Jousting are good for your health.

No, they just didn't live long enough to develop heart problems.

Even in the 19th C, heart attacks were not a big deal, because everyone died from TB or pneumonia,
malnutrition, etc.

Bill Penrose

Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Steve Pritchard wrote:
>
> > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> >><hiss>
> >
> > And decides to crosspost those views into a gazillion groups (this included) because he knows
> > you use them occasionally?
> >
> > Nice
>
> <hiss sputter hiss hiss>

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding did not request that the header be trimmed, I have not trimmed it.
If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Bob
(2) Report Bob to his ISP.
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate this Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated
Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach and have lost the argument
soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this and other discussion threads.

[...]

credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Mr. Bob
"raging and self-confident" Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig, Steve, and Mack):

(6) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(7) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(8) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(9) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(10) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to participate here on Usenet above the din of hissing from the
peanut gallery.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K57723657

Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> <hiss sputter hiss hiss>
>
> Pastorio

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor, truly.

[...]

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound