Mirage & Veloce

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Paul Westall, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Westall

Paul Westall Guest

Has anyone in the group put a fair number of miles on the lower end Campy groupos? How did they
    work, were they durable? Especially interested to hear about the mirage components. Paul

Tags:

2. Mark Janeba

Mark Janeba Guest

Paul Westall wrote:
    > Has anyone in the group put a fair number of miles on the lower end Campy groupos? How did they
    > work, were they durable? Especially interested to hear about the mirage components.

About 8100 miles on Veloce ergo levers, derailleurs, brake calipers, cogset. Holding up really well.
    I have a mix of Chorus/Athena/other for other components, so can't comment on Veloce there.

Regards,
    --
    Mark Janeba remove antispam phrase in address to reply

3. Alan Fishman

Alan Fishman Guest

4. Paul Kopit

Paul Kopit Guest

Both of my sets of plastic levers, Mirage and Record work the same and I see little reason that one
    would be more durable than the other.

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 02:31:58 GMT, "Paul Westall" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anyone in the group put a fair number of miles on the lower end Campy groupos? How did they
    >work, were they durable? Especially interested to hear about the mirage components. Paul

5. In article <[email protected]>, Paul Westall <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Has anyone in the group put a fair number of miles on the lower end Campy groupos? How did they
    >work, were they durable? Especially interested to hear about the mirage components.

The shifter guts are the same, durability not a problem.

The Mirage brake levers are more flexible than the aluminum or carbon ones. They work but it
    increases brake mush a little. I would go for Veloce over Mirage for this reason, but I wouldn't say
    the Mirage ones suck either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.