Mirage & Veloce

Paul Westall

Guest
Has anyone in the group put a fair number of miles on the lower end Campy groupos? How did they
work, were they durable? Especially interested to hear about the mirage components. Paul

Paul Westall wrote:
> Has anyone in the group put a fair number of miles on the lower end Campy groupos? How did they
> work, were they durable? Especially interested to hear about the mirage components.

About 8100 miles on Veloce ergo levers, derailleurs, brake calipers, cogset. Holding up really well.
I have a mix of Chorus/Athena/other for other components, so can't comment on Veloce there.

Regards,
--
Mark Janeba remove antispam phrase in address to reply

Both of my sets of plastic levers, Mirage and Record work the same and I see little reason that one
would be more durable than the other.

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Westall <[email protected]> wrote:
>Has anyone in the group put a fair number of miles on the lower end Campy groupos? How did they
>work, were they durable? Especially interested to hear about the mirage components.

The shifter guts are the same, durability not a problem.

The Mirage brake levers are more flexible than the aluminum or carbon ones. They work but it
increases brake mush a little. I would go for Veloce over Mirage for this reason, but I wouldn't say
the Mirage ones suck either.