Missing TdF teams

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Raptor, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    I've got the VeloNews official guide, and only seven teams are profiled in the section titled, "The
    22 Teams of the Tour de France." How's your copy?

  2. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    How about the better question. How many of these 22 teams deserve to be there. Even CCC polsat is stronger than jean-delatour

  3. steve

    steve Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2001
    Messages:
    5,261
    Who is CCC polsat ? are they a polish team? :)

    Jean-delatour might be a crap team in europe, but I wonder how they compare to the teams who are based in and race in the USA?

    cheers

  4. In article <[email protected]>, steve <[email protected]> wrote:

    > lazysegall wrote:
    > > How about the better question. How many of these 22 teams deserve to be there. Even CCC polsat
    > > is stronger than jean-delatour
    >

    > Who is CCC polsat ? are they a polish team? :)
    >
    > Jean-delatour might be a crap team in europe, but I wonder how they compare to the teams who are
    > based in and race in the USA?
    >
    > cheers
    >

    > --
    > Steve
    >
    > --
    Saturn could easily be in the tour, if you use Delatour as a comparison.

  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Saturn could easily be in the tour, if you use Delatour as a comparison.
    >
    > ... if they were a french team.

    Maybe next year the can register as Le Saturn and fool Leblanc into giving them a wild card.

    Hey it is not any stupider than not letting Cipo into the TdF

  6. In article <[email protected]>, steve <[email protected]> wrote:

    > lazysegall wrote:
    > > How about the better question. How many of these 22 teams deserve to be there. Even CCC polsat
    > > is stronger than jean-delatour
    >

    > Who is CCC polsat ? are they a polish team? :)
    >
    > Jean-delatour might be a crap team in europe, but I wonder how they compare to the teams who are
    > based in and race in the USA?
    >
    > cheers

    It's a different world. It's like comparing Scandinavian "pro" hockey to the NHL: all the really
    good Scandinavians play in the NHL.

    Similarly, the standard of racing is higher in Europe. Pro-grade Americans go to Europe to ride, be
    they Lance or new hotshoes making their rep in Belgium.