General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Mixer with an aerating blade

Started by ivk · · Last activity · 11 posts · 677 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 November 2007
Last activity
24 November 2007
Original author
ivk
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
677
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Could somebody please suggest a drink mixer with an aerating blade ? I
    have a blender with a bottom mounted knife-like blade, and a handheld
    drink mixer with a flat blade, but none of them seem to be able to
    aerate a milkshake.

  2. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    ivk said:

    Could somebody please suggest a drink mixer with an aerating blade ? I
    have a blender with a bottom mounted knife-like blade, and a handheld
    drink mixer with a flat blade, but none of them seem to be able to
    aerate a milkshake.

    Have you tried a milkshake maker?

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

  3. Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 02:23:58a, ivk meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    Could somebody please suggest a drink mixer with an aerating blade ? I
    have a blender with a bottom mounted knife-like blade, and a handheld
    drink mixer with a flat blade, but none of them seem to be able to
    aerate a milkshake.

    Oster makes a milkshake blade for exactly that purpose, and it fits all of
    their blenders. If you have a blender made by Oster, or would consider
    buying one, this item would be perfect.

    http://tinyurl.com/2abntq

    --
    Date: 11/24/2007

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 17hrs 45mins
    *******************************************
    Time is an illusion perpetrated by the
    manufacturers of space.
    *******************************************

  4. Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 02:23:58a, ivk meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    Could somebody please suggest a drink mixer with an aerating blade ? I
    have a blender with a bottom mounted knife-like blade, and a handheld
    drink mixer with a flat blade, but none of them seem to be able to
    aerate a milkshake.

    Oster makes a milkshake blade for exactly that purpose, and it fits all of
    their blenders. If you have a blender made by Oster, or would consider
    buying one, this item would be perfect.

    http://tinyurl.com/2abntq

    Where was that when my kids were little and I made milkshakes?
    LOL

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  5. Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 09:55:01a, meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 02:23:58a, ivk meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    Could somebody please suggest a drink mixer with an aerating blade ? I
    have a blender with a bottom mounted knife-like blade, and a handheld
    drink mixer with a flat blade, but none of them seem to be able to


    aerate

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a milkshake.

    Oster makes a milkshake blade for exactly that purpose, and it fits all


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    their blenders. If you have a blender made by Oster, or would consider
    buying one, this item would be perfect.

    http://tinyurl.com/2abntq

    Where was that when my kids were little and I made milkshakes?
    LOL

    It was there...where were you? They introduced that blade in the early
    1950s.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Sat, 11(XI)/24(XXIV)/07(MMVII)

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 13hrs 15mins
    *******************************************
    Everything in our favor was against us.
    *******************************************

  6. Wayne Boatwright said:

    It was there...where were you? They introduced that blade in the early
    1950s.

    Dang! I had absolutely no idea and I even had an oster. Oh, well...
    my milkshakes were ok in spite of not having one.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  7. Thanks Wayne, and I do have an Osterazier blender. But did anybody use
    it and saw it is actually working ? Oster web site says it adds 35%
    more air:

    http://www.oster.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=1517

    I would say that the milkshakes made with the old (knife-like) blade
    have probably needed 350% more air, as there was almost none at all
    (very thin bubble layer on the top after 3min blending at the highest
    speed).

  8. Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 12:41:25p, meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    It was there...where were you? They introduced that blade in the early
    1950s.

    Dang! I had absolutely no idea and I even had an oster. Oh, well...
    my milkshakes were ok in spite of not having one.

    Actually, one of those blades came with the first Osterizer my parents
    bought in the mid-1950s. I still have it, but rarely use it.

    I bought a mint condition Hamilton Beach Malt Mixer from an old drugstore
    that was going out of business. That thing is really heavy...jadite green
    porcelain enamel over cast iron. It is really boffo for milkshakes and
    malts.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Saturday, November(XI) 24th(XXIV),2007(MMVII)

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 11hrs 15mins
    *******************************************
    'Stifle' is the only word which is an
    anagram of itself.
    *******************************************

  9. Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 12:44:56p, ivk meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks Wayne, and I do have an Osterazier blender. But did anybody use
    it and saw it is actually working ? Oster web site says it adds 35%
    more air:

    http://www.oster.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=1517

    In a word, yes. One of these special blades came with my parents' first
    Osterizer, along with a regular blade. It made great milkshakes.

    If you examine the design and compare it to the top of the spindle on a
    malt mixer, you'll see that the design is really quite similar.

    Quoted message said:

    I would say that the milkshakes made with the old (knife-like) blade
    have probably needed 350% more air, as there was almost none at all
    (very thin bubble layer on the top after 3min blending at the highest
    speed).

    I hope your exaggerating when you say 350%. "-) Also, a milkshake or
    malt is not supposed to have a "bubble layer" on top. It should have a
    uniform consistency throughout. I think you'll find this special blade
    will give you that.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Saturday, November(XI) 24th(XXIV),2007(MMVII)

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 11hrs 15mins
    *******************************************
    'Stifle' is the only word which is an
    anagram of itself.
    *******************************************

  10. Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 12:41:25p, meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    It was there...where were you? They introduced that blade in the early
    1950s.

    Dang! I had absolutely no idea and I even had an oster. Oh, well...
    my milkshakes were ok in spite of not having one.

    Actually, one of those blades came with the first Osterizer my parents
    bought in the mid-1950s. I still have it, but rarely use it.

    I bought a mint condition Hamilton Beach Malt Mixer from an old drugstore
    that was going out of business. That thing is really heavy...jadite green
    porcelain enamel over cast iron. It is really boffo for milkshakes and
    malts.

    I better not tell my husband that you have one. He would almost kill
    for one.
    --
    Susan N.

    "Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral,
    48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
    Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974)

  11. Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 02:50:48p, The Cook meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 12:41:25p, meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:47:49 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >It was there...where were you? They introduced that blade in the early
    >1950s.

    Dang! I had absolutely no idea and I even had an oster. Oh, well...
    my milkshakes were ok in spite of not having one.

    Actually, one of those blades came with the first Osterizer my parents
    bought in the mid-1950s. I still have it, but rarely use it.

    I bought a mint condition Hamilton Beach Malt Mixer from an old drugstore
    that was going out of business. That thing is really heavy...jadite


    green

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    porcelain enamel over cast iron. It is really boffo for milkshakes and
    malts.

    I better not tell my husband that you have one. He would almost kill
    for one.

    Susan, they are often available on eBay in excellent working condition.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Sat, 11/24/07

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 9hrs
    *******************************************
    The cow ate bluegrass and mooed indigo.
    *******************************************

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.