More USPS bashing

Psycholist

Guest
Ted Stossel just gave the USPS one of his annual "Gimme A
Break" awards for wreckless spending of taxpayer dollars on
its sponsorship of the cycling team.

I gather he did this report earlier and this was just kind
of a replay of his favorites from the past year.

It was kinda funny when the USPS official referred to Lance
as "one of our guys." Stossel says, "but HE WINS!" "You guys
don't win ANYTHING!"

Bob C.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ted Stossel just gave the USPS one of his annual "Gimme A
> Break" awards
for
> wreckless spending of taxpayer dollars on its sponsorship
> of the cycling team.
>
> I gather he did this report earlier and this was just kind
> of a replay of his favorites from the past year.
>
> It was kinda funny when the USPS official referred to
> Lance as "one of our guys." Stossel says, "but HE WINS!"
> "You guys don't win ANYTHING!"

Unless you count the fact that they had a tremendous
increase in shipping from Europe after gaining almost
universal brand identification. It sure is a hoot when
people that don't count have so much to say about it.

news:p[email protected]...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ted Stossel just gave the USPS one of his annual "Gimme
> > A Break" awards
> for
> > wreckless spending of taxpayer dollars on its
> > sponsorship of the cycling team.
> >
> > I gather he did this report earlier and this was just
> > kind of a replay
of
> > his favorites from the past year.
> >
> > It was kinda funny when the USPS official referred to
> > Lance as "one of
our
> > guys." Stossel says, "but HE WINS!" "You guys don't win
> > ANYTHING!"
>
> Unless you count the fact that they had a tremendous
> increase in shipping from Europe after gaining almost
> universal brand identification. It sure
is
> a hoot when people that don't count have so much to say
> about it.

This link is to a letter that appears on Lance's website. It
rebutts the Postalwatch groups claims. I hope it appeared
somewhere that mattered and that the writer didn't stop at
preaching to the choir.

http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/html/04usps-
ltr

Bob C.

"Tom Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Social Security and Medicare, too. So many, many dollars
> waiting to be privatized. Or was that piratized? --Tom
> Paterson

The Social Security Team ... made up of washed up aging
bikers wanting to make a comeback!! Wonderful!!

Let's make the team here!@

SUGGESTIONS??

s http://boardnbike.com

Lot of truths in the thread. The one thing people fail to realize is that
your tax dollars do not support USPS solely on stamps.
"Tom Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >From: "smiles"
>
> >The Social Security Team ... made up of washed up aging
> >bikers wanting to make a comeback!! Wonderful!!
>
> SS? Phew, SST! Ironic, self-deprecating humor. The only
> kind we have
left...

[email protected] (Tom Paterson) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: "psycholist"
>
> >This link is to a letter that appears on Lance's website.
> >It rebutts the Postalwatch groups claims.

Hey, nothing like an unbiased source countering another
unbiased source. hah hah

> > I hope it appeared somewhere that mattered and that the
> > writer didn't stop at preaching to the choir.
>
> >http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/online2.nsf/html/04-
> >uspsltr
>
> (quoting from above link):
> <4. If one reviews the PostalWatch website in it's
> entirety, it isn't an unbiased commission reviewing
> the USPS as it's name indicates. It is a extremely
> biased group whose sole mission is to discredit every
> facet of the USPS with absolutely no real credibility.
> The fact that it is cited at all is ridiculous.>

Who knows and who cares (and I doubt it is so easy to wave
them off entirely)? It is a goverment sponsored monopoly,
not a natural one. That *alone* is enough to say enough is
enough. Sell the assets, and remove the monopoly protection.
Be done with it.