No more USPS team...official?

One of the articles I have read, was the USPS only makes $.30 cents in additional revenue on every dollar it spends on the cycling team. How they derive that figure is beyond me.

But the international exposure must be tremendous. What is the actual cost anyway?

jknotz said:
The "Discovery Channel" has taken over sponsorship from USPS and the team will be intact next year, just look for new colors and jerseys !

Great news !

Jim :)
Has anyone seen the new jersey? I saw it briefly in a clip for the press conference announcing the change in sponsorship. Pretty bland. No more blue train... :(

Actually, yes, USPS is self-sufficient and is basically a private company.

It is not monitored/regulated by the U.S. government in any more capacity than any other US company .......... It is a federal agency in some ways, but not under the control of the government.

Typical sponsorship for teams is between 4-6 years, so what the hell is everyone *****ing about????? Have you not been around cycling enough to know that????

7-11 sponsored for a few years, Motorola was about 7-ish, and now USPS did like 6 or 7.

Bunch of people know nothing realistic about business and sponsorship here ...........

I believe that Lance said that the team preparation costs for the 2003 tour was $24 million, with USPS as the primary sponsor.

SevenCyclesRule said:
:mad: Government watch groups complaining about government waist are responsible for Postal pulling their sponsorship of LA and the team. These same morons would be the first to complain if there favorite sports team lost their ride. I will grant you that the money they are spending on sponsoring a cycling team might be better used somewhere else, but lets look at the this a different way.

Where is the Postal Service going to spend that money they are paying the team?

Are they going to lower stamp prices…NO :eek:
Are they going to pay the postal works more, you know the letter carriers and such…NO:eek:
So where are the millions of dollars going… “Up In Smoke”??????

(Tommy Chong would be proud.) :cool:

<<if you have to ask about this you are to young…LOL>>

Government watch groups and the US Postal Service can bite my musette. I have had it with their whole “we know better the you attitude.” You don’t dump the Super Bowl champion team especially if they have one 5 in a row for you, postal never should have pulled out on LA.

Lastly I would like any of you out there to feel free in joining my in boycotting the US Postal Service. I have not mailed anything since the announcement was made. If I can email someone I do not write, if I can’t pay your bill online or at a local office I do not use their product. And yes I will pay for the privilege of paying a bill online simply so I do not have to use the postal service. I even refuse to buy things online that will be shipped using the US Postal Service. I will not support them if they will not support Lance. I may never mail anything again. Join the fight!!!

GO LANCE!!!!!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::: WEAR YELLOW :: LIVE STRONG :::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
wehey! u go 4 it!
soz cant join u dont live in the US but still nice idea u shud just chain yourself outside their office or woteva though they would notice more