Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Mountain Bikes Brands

Started by Reznikov · · Last activity · 25 posts · 11,246 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
5 January 2010
Last activity
17 February 2012
Original author
Reznikov
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
11,246
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Froze said:

    I wouldn't buy a expensive MTB because, as the term implies, your going to be trashing it off road, so why pay $1,000 or more for something your going to break...eventually, and sooner rather then later, as compared to a road bike. I have MTB, though it only has about 8,000 miles on it and about 1,200 were off road, but it was those 1,200 miles that beat the thing into many repairs, and this is XT stuff!

    Cheap prices! SCOTT bikes! 16bike.com - 16 bike Resources and Information.

  2. I have a cheap Diamondback Sorrento that I have put through absolute hell and it keeps beggin' for more.

    As far as top brands go, I have heard the best reviews on:

    Trek
    Kona
    Yeti
    Cannondale
    GT

    (Incidentally, I have an GT TT bike and I can tell you that it is awesome.GT Fanatic is on to something because they have made some great bikes. I'm particularly fond of the late 90's "triple-triangle" frames.)

  3. Specialized, Ellsworth, Marin, K2, Cannondale 😎

  4. There was a nice article on an Ellsworth in one of the latest issues of Mountain Bike Action, I think it was...

  5. Let's take it a little slower. Before you pick your bike... You need to find out what size bike you need. You don't want a bike to big. You will come off your pedals at a fast speed and crack your cods on the top of the frame. I have a Giant. It has all shimsno xt components with rapid fire shifting. You can find an older one for around $3-400. It's all you need to start. If you like it, and it's something you want to get further into.... You can upgrade or custom build one to suit your type of riding. Hope this helps.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.