mtb clubs around PDX?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Determined, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Determined

Determined Guest

I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to get involved in a group, to
    glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone from around here that could
    point me in the right direction?

determined

Tags:

2. Technician

Technician Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to get involved in a group, to
    > glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone from around here that could
    > point me in the right direction?
    >
    > determined
    >
    >
    >

not really from around there, but if nobody here speaks up, check with some of the local bike shops
    around. some of them even have a bike group/team they sponsor (including my own LBS apparently).

And for the other newbies lurking around this group, if you are in the Portland, OR area and want a
    riding buddy, this is your chance (for the non-newbies as well).

~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

3. determined wrote:
    > I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to get involved in a group, to
    > glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone from around here that could
    >
    > determined
    >
    >
    'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for the mountain peddlers club ( or
    BG may have the info you need)

4. Bb

Bb Guest

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:04:35 GMT, determined wrote:

The local MTB club is: http://www.pumpclub.org/

I rode with them when I first moved here quite a few years ago. They were quite nice to newbies back
    then; probably still are!

--
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

5. Determined

Determined Guest

"James Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > determined wrote:
    > > I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to
    get
    > > involved in a group, to glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone
    > > from around here that could point me in the right direction?
    > >
    > > determined
    > >
    > >
    > 'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for the mountain peddlers club (
    > or BG may have the info you need)

Kewl! I just bought my first bike there last night, and did see that they offer group
    rides... thanx.

det

6. Sorni

Sorni Guest

"determined" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "James Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > determined wrote:
    > > > I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like
    to
    > get
    > > > involved in a group, to glean the knowledge of others and participate
    in
    > > > group rides. Anyone from around here that could point me in the right direction?
    > > >
    > > > determined
    > > >
    > > >
    > > 'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for the mountain peddlers club
    > > ( or BG may have the info you need)
    >
    > Kewl! I just bought my first bike there last night, and did see that they offer group
    > rides... thanx.

So whatcha get?!? No fair asking for recommendations, and then buying something without spilling
    your guts! :)

Bill "welcome to the sport (and hold on to your plastic!)" S.

7. Determined

Determined Guest

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "determined" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "James Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > determined wrote:
    > > > > I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like
    > to
    > > get
    > > > > involved in a group, to glean the knowledge of others and
    participate
    > in
    > > > > group rides. Anyone from around here that could point me in the
    right
    > > > > direction?
    > > > >
    > > > > determined
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > 'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for
    the
    > > > mountain peddlers club ( or BG may have the info you need)
    > >
    > > Kewl! I just bought my first bike there last night, and did see that
    they
    > > offer group rides... thanx.
    >
    > So whatcha get?!? No fair asking for recommendations, and then buying something without spilling
    > your guts! :)

Well, I ended up buying an '02 Gary Fisher Wahoo for $289. I understand this is a very "entry-level"
    model, but since I'm brand new to the sport I figured it would last me a couple years (hopefully)
    and I could upgrade at that point. I haven't been on a bike since I was 10, so I imagine the
    learning curve's going to be a little looongg.... But I bought a couple of trail books and am going
    to take my first ride this weekend.

Thanks for everyone's help!

determined

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.