mtb clubs around PDX?

Determined

Guest
I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to get involved in a group, to
glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone from around here that could
point me in the right direction?

determined

> I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to get involved in a group, to
> glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone from around here that could
> point me in the right direction?
>
> determined

not really from around there, but if nobody here speaks up, check with some of the local bike shops
around. some of them even have a bike group/team they sponsor (including my own LBS apparently).

And for the other newbies lurking around this group, if you are in the Portland, OR area and want a
riding buddy, this is your chance (for the non-newbies as well).

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

determined wrote:
> I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to get involved in a group, to
> glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone from around here that could
> point me in the right direction?
>
> determined

'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for the mountain peddlers club ( or
BG may have the info you need)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:04:35 GMT, determined wrote:
> I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to get involved in a group, to
> glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone from around here that could
> point me in the right direction?

The local MTB club is: http://www.pumpclub.org/

I rode with them when I first moved here quite a few years ago. They were quite nice to newbies back
then; probably still are!

"James Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> determined wrote:
> > I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like to
get
> > involved in a group, to glean the knowledge of others and participate in group rides. Anyone
> > from around here that could point me in the right direction?
> >
> > determined
> >

> 'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for the mountain peddlers club (
> or BG may have the info you need)

Kewl! I just bought my first bike there last night, and did see that they offer group
rides... thanx.

det

"determined" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Z3xra.669182$L1.189720@sccrnsc02...

> "James Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > determined wrote:
> > > I live in Portland, OR. Just bought my first mt bike and would like
> get
> > > involved in a group, to glean the knowledge of others and participate
in
> > > group rides. Anyone from around here that could point me in the right direction?
> > >
> > > determined
> > >

> > 'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for the mountain peddlers club
> > ( or BG may have the info you need)
>
> Kewl! I just bought my first bike there last night, and did see that they offer group
> rides... thanx.

So whatcha get?!? No fair asking for recommendations, and then buying something without spilling
your guts! :)

Bill "welcome to the sport (and hold on to your plastic!)" S.

> "determined" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Z3xra.669182$L1.189720@sccrnsc02...

> > get
> in

> > > 'the bike gallery' has group rides regularly. also check the web for
the
> > > mountain peddlers club ( or BG may have the info you need)
> >
> > Kewl! I just bought my first bike there last night, and did see that
they
> > offer group rides... thanx.
>
> So whatcha get?!? No fair asking for recommendations, and then buying something without spilling
> your guts! :)

Well, I ended up buying an '02 Gary Fisher Wahoo for $289. I understand this is a very "entry-level"
model, but since I'm brand new to the sport I figured it would last me a couple years (hopefully)
and I could upgrade at that point. I haven't been on a bike since I was 10, so I imagine the
learning curve's going to be a little looongg.... But I bought a couple of trail books and am going
to take my first ride this weekend.

Thanks for everyone's help!

determined