In message <[email hidden]>,
Ian Dainty <[email hidden]> writes
Quoted message said:Is the thinking still that we arrive on Wednesday May 3rd? And leave on
the Sunday? I can't find any recent posts for this expedition. Martin,
are you offering lifts from Oban? Who is going?
Succinct regards,
Ian.
My plan is to travel up on the Wednesday - unavoidable meetings at work
on the Tuesday, I am afraid. I had thought of crossing from Lochaline to
Craignure - not Oban. I am sure a lift might be available from someone.
Do Ben More on the Thursday - the Route Master is Phil who wants to set
off from Loch Ba (for sentimental reasons - although he has not
explained what that means) and end at Loch Beg - this means we would
have to have at least two cars on the island. Maybe Phil would like to
give a hint at some waypoints so that we can all set our GPSs.
Finish the day off with a curry in Balamory/Tobermory.
Friday - a boat trip to Iona and Staffa - landing at each island for an
hour or so - and a good gawp at Fingal's cave. Depending on numbers this
could be done by hiring our own boat - maybe - I would need to explore
this. Means I need to know how many bodies would be interested.
Saturday - Corbett/Marilyn Dun da Gaoithe and maybe a neighbouring hill.
Sunday - disperse to the four winds.
Last time I looked the following showed interest - confirmations would
be handy:
Definite:
Martin Richardson
Phil Cook
Cliff the BT man
David/Fenboy and family
Jhimmy
Ian Ellis/Dainty
Maybe:
Russ Clare
Graham Seed
Judith
Simon Caldwell
Duncan Gray
Stuart
I am not sure how accurate this list really is.
Yours less succinctly
--
Martin Richardson
509/1554 Marilyns - 67% to go 60/89 Donalds - 33% to go
61/211 Irish Hewitts - 71% to go 283/284 Munros - 0.35% to go