Multi vitamins

Those gave me trouble too. I stopped taking them and got much better. The truth about mulit vitamins is only people above 50 and 60 can really absorb them in pill form anyway. Most of the vitamins can not be broken down so they just become fat and most often just exit your system in a nuclear colored form. If you eat good food you get all the vitamins you need. Also do your research most of the over the counter stuff is formulated in such a way that most vitamins actually cancel each other out in your body. Good luck

nomotornozen said:
... And what are the qualifications needed to sell GNC products?
I expect the same qualifications as a grocery store ;) GNC sells food supliments. They supliment the food you eat as do many more multi vitamin products by other manufacturers.

FloydLandis said:
Those gave me trouble too. I stopped taking them and got much better. The truth about mulit vitamins is only people above 50 and 60 can really absorb them in pill form anyway. Most of the vitamins can not be broken down so they just become fat and most often just exit your system in a nuclear colored form. If you eat good food you get all the vitamins you need. Also do your research most of the over the counter stuff is formulated in such a way that most vitamins actually cancel each other out in your body. Good luck
So you stopped taking them and you got better? I am well below 50 and I do benefit from taking the multi vitamins. For example I've noticed I am much calmer when I take the vitamins. I suspect I was lacking vitamins Bs. I am not married to a particular brand, I used to take different ones. Recently (about 2 years ago) I switched to gnc.

BTW, you should try laying off the testosterone suppliments also :D

Ahem, I am kidding of course. I hope he keeps his title. Because I think he did not take testosterone.

Ahem, back to topic. Çelik says multivitamins are good :cool:

I take multivitamin supplements with emphasis to Vitamin C, B complex and E. The rest I get from veggies and fruits. I really don't go for high dosages of other vitamins and minerals only those 3. I also drink a Ginseng supplement which increases testosterone levels and virility which is very important.

Don't you think that you may have developed a sort of immunity for that multi-vitamin pills? When you ingest something that makes you experience nausea then that means that something is not good for you. There are other multi-vitamins in the market that you can have for replacement. But if I were you, I would be taking the natural foods for vitamins like citrus fruits for Vitamin C and meat for protein. It is more expensive but it is worth the taste and the enjoyment.

Don't you think that you may have developed a sort of immunity for that multi-vitamin pills? When you ingest something that makes you experience nausea then that means that something is not good for you. There are other multi-vitamins in the market that you can have for replacement. But if I were you, I would be taking the natural foods for vitamins like citrus fruits for Vitamin C and meat for protein. It is more expensive but it is worth the taste and the enjoyment.
it's not immunity but a problem of ingesting the multivitamins on an empty stomach or having a lot of the vitamins/minerals that can cause nausea, such as iron or fat-soluble vitamins (ADEK). Switching to a different formula can help solve this problem. Fruits are great sources and more delicious and less expensive, but multivitamin tablets still has its merits.

Reactions: Corzhens
Taking them is good as long as you are not addicted to it. However, it is always better for me to take good fruits that are rich in lots of vitamins as they are the best.

I'm not taking any multivitamins, but I think if you feel something wrong with your multivitamins, you should stop that for a while and examine your body if you still getting that nausea without taking that vit.

I'm not taking any multivitamins, but I think if you feel something wrong with your multivitamins, you should stop that for a while and examine your body if you still getting that nausea without taking that vit.

Stopping to take them is the right way to go especially when they feel that it is causing a kind of discomfort to them as well.

I take multivitamin supplements with emphasis to Vitamin C, B complex and E. The rest I get from veggies and fruits. I really don't go for high dosages of other vitamins and minerals only those 3. I also drink a Ginseng supplement which increases testosterone levels and virility which is very important.

Those one are really the simple ones that I also take as well when I am feeling a kind of need to do so. The thing is that there are more complex ones that people should check if their body can accommodate before taking them.

Those one are really the simple ones that I also take as well when I am feeling a kind of need to do so. The thing is that there are more complex ones that people should check if their body can accommodate before taking them.

Yeah, I agree some people are deficient in other vitamins or minerals that's why the best thing to do is to consult your doctor if you're planning to take vitamin and mineral supplements.

Stopping to take them is the right way to go especially when they feel that it is causing a kind of discomfort to them as well.
That's right, because its hard to ask someone about that, specially related to medical something. Our body reaction is different from other people even we taking the same med. I think it's also the same as to multivitamins.

Ok, so after you take your vitamins does your urine turn to a bright yellow? Of course it does, you want to know why? because your body doesn't need those vitamins and is simply flushing them out of your system and into the sewer.

If you eat right there is no need for any vitamins whatsoever UNLESS your doctor says you have a deficiency in some sort of vitamin and suggest you take that. Vitamins are not regulated by any branch of the federal government so they'll make all sorts of wonderful claims making you believe you'll perform better, your sex life will be better, you'll live to be 112 just ask old Frank who claims he's been taking the same vitamins for 100 years and watch him lift a VW Beetle off the ground in the front! Or you're memory will be better and now you can remember being in your mommy's tummy. Ok next please. In other words DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY by feeding the sewer system.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-...erts-dont-waste-your-money-on-multivitamins#1

https://www.livescience.com/42001-case-is-closed-multivitamins-are-a-waste-of-money-doctors-say.html

I knew two ladies who were registered health nuts, they had several degrees in nutrition and exercise, they exercised everyday (they did look good!), they spent about $250 a month on various health vitamins, minerals, herbs, other supplements, eating only certain foods and no red meat and other foods, and they all said eating this and taking that will prevent cancer and heart disease...except both died from cancer before their mid 50's! I've only on rare occasion have taken a cheap store brand multivitamin and never felt anything better or worse, so I stopped.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161208-why-vitamin-supplements-could-kill-you

One of those ladies above that I mentioned worked for GNC and had numerous degrees and certificates and was a strict vegan.

There is no science that supports the claims of the health industry makes, it's simply snake oil, any perceived benefit you think you feel is simply psychosomatic.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea.../is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

Some older adults do not take in naturally occuring vit B12 and thus will have certain issues associated with that so doctors will give them a B12 shot ever so often to boost the levels up; also for people who do not go into the sun may lack Vit D and a doctor will test for that and suggest a D supplement; and Folic Acid is often prescribed to pregnant women; and Iron for people with iron poor blood but again the doctor must keep close tabs on your body's levels are too much can be very bad; but medically, that's the only vits that are ever recommended by a doctor!

https://www.today.com/health/vitamin-pills-supplements-don-t-help-most-people-doctors-say-t122663

Again, it's all about having a healthy diet, I guess if you eat nothing but McDonalds day in and day out you might need some help...like learning how to cook at home!! Also those on a strict vegan diet do lack in essential supplements which is why strict vegan diets aren't not good for you.

And there is no regulatory agency looking over the health industry so they'll say anything to make a dollar, actually they make a billions of dollars a year, but with no regulations they are free to say whatever they want, heck I wouldn't be surprised if a lot the vitamins you all take have nothing but sugar and some sour stuff mixed in because there is nothing that regulates what they put in a pill except the FDA insists that it be safe, and sugar and something sour is safe.

http://www.ahchealthenews.com/2013/08/12/are-vitamins-supplements-always-necessary-or-healthy/

Your body cannot absorb synthetic or extracted natural (if they can actually prove they are from a natural source, which no company can prove that so I have my doubts) vitamins in a pill form which is why your urine turns a bright yellow, whereas when eating food rich in vitamins it doesn't because the body is able to extract the vitamins from the food better, and since if you do eat right any vitamins you do take the body says it doesn't need anything extra so again it's rejected out the urine stream.