Music

Yippie Kye Ay

Aug 8, 2004
Do any of you guys listen to music while riding? If so which device do you use MP3 player, walkman?

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Do any of you guys listen to music while riding? If so which device do you use MP3 player, walkman?

On the ergo I just use the radio, never know what ur going to get that way. On the road I think youd be crazy to listen to anything, its that half second that could mean that your dead or alive. Theres always one idiot driver.

I always listen to music when i ride, when riding i mostly listen to some harder types of music like thrice, avenge sevenfold, etc.... but i also liste to coheed & cambria

It`s a good to pass the time on bike which can be boring sometimes, but I never tried it and I never will because safety reasons and I would not feel good if I would hear nothing..

When I listen to my iPod while riding I just use one of the earbud headphones and I can hear my music and what is going on around me.

I listen to music when I ride by myself, but I only use one ear piece. I use my right ear for the music, and the left ear for the traffic, seems to work better that way.

I listen to all types of music while riding. I choose the genre to fit the workout. Easy music=Recovery
Fast music=Tempo

I use an MP3 player...Rio Cali 256

Rock's a good music 2 listen to while riding.

Sum 41 and Blink 182 are pretty good

I just tryed it today. It works!!! Its almost as good as riding with someone.... and stops my mind from wandering on long rides.

I find listening to music during biking dangerous. Maybe you road bikers can entertain yourselves with music but I've never seen a freerider listening to music, since so much concentration was put to doing tricks, etc.

I listen to my MP3 player that is also a radio for when I get bored on with the tracks in it. The good thing about a MP3 is it doesnt skip and is a lot smaller.

P.S For all the ppl who think you need to hear in order to ride, I saw a artical in bicycling mag years ago that talked about that. And in the end a person who was deaf pointed out that you dont need ears to ride a bike you can just keep looking around and pay attention.

I am now slightly safer onh the road. I used to listen to music at top volume, with both headphones in, and i was oblivious of what was happening around me, but now, i only wear the left headphone, not so loud, (pavement side) so i can hear the traffic.

Roberto badgio said:
I am now slightly safer onh the road. I used to listen to music at top volume, with both headphones in, and i was oblivious of what was happening around me, but now, i only wear the left headphone, not so loud, (pavement side) so i can hear the traffic.
i use an mp3 player, dance musics ace its got a fast beat!

I don't listen to music when I'm riding on roads or with someone, but sometimes do if I'm on my own on bike paths and find myself getting lonley.
I have it down fairly low so I can hear if people come up to overtake or are coming the other way. No use getting the s... scared out of me and crashing now is there? ;)

Becky_Aus said:
I don't listen to music when I'm riding on roads or with someone, but sometimes do if I'm on my own on bike paths and find myself getting lonley.
I have it down fairly low so I can hear if people come up to overtake or are coming the other way. No use getting the s... scared out of me and crashing now is there? ;)

i have become a big fan of trance/techno so thats pretty much all i listen to now when i am on the trainer

KeSs said:
i have become a big fan of trance/techno so thats pretty much all i listen to now when i am on the trainer
I always listen to music on the trainer unless I'm watching workout videos, but I could never listen to music on the road. There's just too much traffic - it wouldn't be safe. On a more stable mountain bike or running, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but not on my road bike.