General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

My First Post-Op Appt

Started by Laureen · · Last activity · 57 posts · 1,635 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 February 2005
Last activity
14 February 2005
Original author
Laureen
Posts
57
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,635
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–57 of 57
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. i saw a special on discovery health channel that says the full body
    lift is for younger patients as its veryyyyy invasive and pretty hard
    on the body. some of the oldest patients they said were in their late
    20s and in fantastic physical shape, good hearts, no other
    complications or problems. while money bought you a new lease on life,
    it might not buy you everything. however, its always better to have it
    than not to, right?

    sorry if you posted this the other day. i am used to using agent
    newsreader, and this google thing makes life hard. even though i check
    threads it still says there are new messages, etc... i havent had time
    to play with it, so sorry about that.

    i guess im stuck. i'm an artist and soon to be art teacher, my husband
    is still in school and probably going into teaching as well. i highly
    doubt ill ever have that kind of money to fix the skin thing. let me
    know how bad it gets for you. i seem to be deflating. my friend is
    only 1 size smaller than me and she looks great. i just look like
    somebody let the air out of the tire around my stomach. i guess itll
    never change. anyway, good luck to you.

  2. i have used their milia treatment for milia seed on my eye brown area
    and below cheek. after three applications, i noticed a reduction in the
    milia size, quite impressed as i thought only laser surgery can solve
    my problem.
    --------------------------------
    [email hidden]
    i keep seeing reviews and raves about this
    http://www.naturalisproducts.com and http://www.organiconline.com.sg .
    many people are discussing in beauty forums and magazines have positive
    reviews on this . but this thing ain't new, its been around for many
    years! anyone tried can feedback to me on exactly how good it is?

    ----------------------------------------
    can anyone help me please, am looking for the local distributor or any
    shop selling the naturalis range of skin and body care products, from
    this company http://www.naturalisproducts.com . looking for this
    urgently. for those who have not come across it, its some foodbased
    anti-aging products. i googled for this and received result showing its
    available at http://www.organiconline.com.sg. i need this
    urgently but shipping from singapore will take some time, if anyone is
    distributing this please contact me at [email hidden]
    urgently. i have a group of us looking to buy this. thanks!

  3. "tia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    i guess im stuck. i'm an artist and soon to be art teacher, my husband
    is still in school and probably going into teaching as well. i highly
    doubt ill ever have that kind of money to fix the skin thing. let me
    know how bad it gets for you. i seem to be deflating. my friend is
    only 1 size smaller than me and she looks great. i just look like
    somebody let the air out of the tire around my stomach. i guess itll
    never change.

    I saw somewhere that you don't know if you're going to be left with a spare
    skin problem until you'd been maintaining for a year - because it can take
    that long for the skin to shrink as much as it's going to. So there's still
    hope : )

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/4.5/<6 Weight 95/78/72Kg
    1g Metformin, 87.5ug Thyroxine
    T2 DX 05/2004

  4. Anyone who is 20 is going to get better results because of the age of
    their skin. My sister in law is getting ready to have a full body lift,
    lipo, breast lift etc. it takes 8 hours and she is 52 and a wonderful
    candidate.
    Laureen

  5. yep. Any respectable surgeon will not do surgery on fresh weight loss.
    Your inner fat needs time to adjust too. Also it is a good idea to wait
    a year regarding trauma to the body etc.

  6. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I saw somewhere that you don't know if you're going to be left with a


    spare
    skin problem until you'd been maintaining for a year - because it can
    take
    that long for the skin to shrink as much as it's going to. So there's
    still
    hope : )

    woot! there is still hope then. not like it matters lol... saving up
    the 20 grand for surgery isnt going to happen over night. although,
    even if i had it, i wonder if i would... hm... food for thought.

  7. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    i have used their milia treatment for milia seed on my eye brown area
    and below cheek. after three applications, i noticed a reduction in the
    milia size, quite impressed as i thought only laser surgery can solve
    my problem.

    um, what exactly is milia?

  8. X-No-Archive: yes

    "Laureen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well like I posted the other day. The surgeon says if you have stretch
    marks you have to hae a tummy tuck. if you dont have stretch marks you
    dont. I have only a few tiny ones so I dont know what will become of
    me. If it poses a problem then I will get it taken care of. There is a
    plastic surgeon here in the PNW who does a full body lift for about
    21,000.00


    =======================
    Is that a typo? You mean $21,000 for the surgery? That's 1/3 the price of
    a new 3 bedroom home where I live. Lets hope you wont need this surgery.
    --
    Wysong
    Age 60. Height 5'6"
    Starting date: 1/8/05
    171/ 165 / 140 lb
    Starting date LC 7/01 at 207lbs
    Stopped losing on LC 11/01 at 165lbs
    ==========================================
    [censored] - I forgot to get my official stamp of approval and sign the
    little document promising only to have thoughts that conform to the
    official ASDLC guidelines.
    I hate it when that happens. (credit Sophie)
    ~~<~~<~~{@ ~~<~~<~~{@ ~~<~~<~~{@

  9. i wasnt awawre of a free nntp server out there, especially since the company
    i worked for sold accounts for it. i am using outlook express now, sadly.
    i prefer others, especially some of the good ones fedora (linux platforms)
    has, so im very clumsy with it. ill check it out tho -- thank you. right
    now im using the nntp server from the isp im currently with, and ill let you
    know getting their settings was a pain since most people i guess dont use
    news!!!!

    --
    _____________________________
    This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    Quoted message said:

    ============
    Why not subscribe to the FREE "news.individual.net" and post and read
    through OE or whatever newsreader you like?
    --
    Wysong
    Age 60. Height 5'6"
    Starting date: 1/8/05
    171/ 165 / 140 lb
    Starting date LC 7/01 at 207lbs
    Stopped losing on LC 11/01 at 165lbs
    ==========================================
    [censored] - I forgot to get my official stamp of approval and sign the
    little document promising only to have thoughts that conform to the
    official ASDLC guidelines.
    I hate it when that happens. (credit Sophie)
    ~~<~~<~~{@ ~~<~~<~~{@ ~~<~~<~~{@

  10. oh thats a reasonable price. i watch a lot of discovery heath channel, and
    they have shows about it quoting much higher prices than that.

    --
    _____________________________
    This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    "Wysong *~" <P@P> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    X-No-Archive: yes

    "Laureen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well like I posted the other day. The surgeon says if you have stretch
    marks you have to hae a tummy tuck. if you dont have stretch marks you
    dont. I have only a few tiny ones so I dont know what will become of
    me. If it poses a problem then I will get it taken care of. There is a
    plastic surgeon here in the PNW who does a full body lift for about
    21,000.00


    =======================
    Is that a typo? You mean $21,000 for the surgery? That's 1/3 the price
    of
    a new 3 bedroom home where I live. Lets hope you wont need this surgery.
    --
    Wysong
    Age 60. Height 5'6"
    Starting date: 1/8/05
    171/ 165 / 140 lb
    Starting date LC 7/01 at 207lbs
    Stopped losing on LC 11/01 at 165lbs
    ==========================================
    [censored] - I forgot to get my official stamp of approval and sign the
    little document promising only to have thoughts that conform to the
    official ASDLC guidelines.
    I hate it when that happens. (credit Sophie)
    ~~<~~<~~{@ ~~<~~<~~{@ ~~<~~<~~{@

  11. milia are oilseeds , white little bumps around eye area or any other
    part of face that are hard and looks ugly, see
    http://www.organiconline.com.sg/milia.htm .

  12. tia said:

    i wasnt awawre of a free nntp server out there, especially since the company
    i worked for sold accounts for it. i am using outlook express now, sadly.
    i prefer others, especially some of the good ones fedora (linux platforms)
    has, so im very clumsy with it. ill check it out tho -- thank you. right
    now im using the nntp server from the isp im currently with, and ill let you
    know getting their settings was a pain since most people i guess dont use
    news!!!!

    I use teranews. $3.95 one time setup fee....50 meg cap a day, which I
    would never reach cause I don't go to the music/picture groups.

  13. tia said:

    i wasnt awawre of a free nntp server out there, especially since the company
    i worked for sold accounts for it. i am using outlook express now, sadly.
    i prefer others, especially some of the good ones fedora (linux platforms)
    has, so im very clumsy with it. ill check it out tho -- thank you. right
    now im using the nntp server from the isp im currently with, and ill let you
    know getting their settings was a pain since most people i guess dont use
    news!!!!

    I use teranews. $3.95 one time setup fee....50 meg cap a day, which I
    would never reach cause I don't go to the music/picture groups.

  14. "tia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]
    || i wasnt awawre of a free nntp server out there, especially since the
    || company i worked for sold accounts for it. i am using outlook
    || express now, sadly. i prefer others, especially some of the good
    || ones fedora (linux platforms) has, so im very clumsy with it. ill
    || check it out tho -- thank you. right now im using the nntp server
    || from the isp im currently with, and ill let you know getting their
    || settings was a pain since most people i guess dont use news!!!!
    ||

    new.individual.net is indeed a free new server; many of us use it (I just
    got a new cable isp so I'm trying out theirs for now). The service is based
    at a German University and the service is excellent; simply e-mail them your
    request for access to the news server news.individual.net.
    The email address is [email hidden]. Along with a userid and password,
    they will send you easy instructions for setting up your Outlook Express
    program to acess the newsgroups.

    Btw, I hear a lot of people complaina bout OE as a news reader; I'm not sure
    why. I love it. I think many people just don't know how to use all its
    capabilities.

    Peter

  15. sorry thats a 404.... check your link and try again 🙁

    --
    _____________________________
    This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    milia are oilseeds , white little bumps around eye area or any other
    part of face that are hard and looks ugly, see
    http://www.organiconline.com.sg/milia.htm .

  16. tia said:

    i saw a special on discovery health channel that says the full body
    lift is for younger patients as its veryyyyy invasive and pretty hard
    on the body. some of the oldest patients they said were in their late
    20s and in fantastic physical shape, good hearts, no other
    complications or problems. while money bought you a new lease on life,
    it might not buy you everything. however, its always better to have it
    than not to, right?


    Don't know about that, but I've seen some pictures of people who appeared
    to be well up in years who looked pretty amazing after a lift.

    Quoted message said:

    i guess im stuck. i'm an artist and soon to be art teacher, my husband
    is still in school and probably going into teaching as well. i highly
    doubt ill ever have that kind of money to fix the skin thing. let me
    know how bad it gets for you. i seem to be deflating. my friend is
    only 1 size smaller than me and she looks great. i just look like
    somebody let the air out of the tire around my stomach. i guess itll
    never change. anyway, good luck to you.


    It really depends. I lost 60 lbs through lowcarbing. For a while, I had
    loose skin in some places but eventually it caught up with itself, even in
    place where I had stretch marks. I have subsequently had lipo and a TT,
    but not because of loose skin. Some of the skin on my inner thighs is
    retracting a bit slowly, but it's clearly getting better over time.

    FWMOIW, I think the stretch mark test isn't always a good indicator. My
    experience has been that I had good retraction in places where I had
    stretch marks and less good in places I didn't.

    Martha

    --

  17. thanks, ill continue to have hope now and just give it some more time

    --
    _____________________________
    This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    "Martha Gallagher" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    tia said:

    i saw a special on discovery health channel that says the full body
    lift is for younger patients as its veryyyyy invasive and pretty hard
    on the body. some of the oldest patients they said were in their late
    20s and in fantastic physical shape, good hearts, no other
    complications or problems. while money bought you a new lease on life,
    it might not buy you everything. however, its always better to have it
    than not to, right?


    Don't know about that, but I've seen some pictures of people who appeared
    to be well up in years who looked pretty amazing after a lift.

    Quoted message said:

    i guess im stuck. i'm an artist and soon to be art teacher, my husband
    is still in school and probably going into teaching as well. i highly
    doubt ill ever have that kind of money to fix the skin thing. let me
    know how bad it gets for you. i seem to be deflating. my friend is
    only 1 size smaller than me and she looks great. i just look like
    somebody let the air out of the tire around my stomach. i guess itll
    never change. anyway, good luck to you.


    It really depends. I lost 60 lbs through lowcarbing. For a while, I had
    loose skin in some places but eventually it caught up with itself, even in
    place where I had stretch marks. I have subsequently had lipo and a TT,
    but not because of loose skin. Some of the skin on my inner thighs is
    retracting a bit slowly, but it's clearly getting better over time.

    FWMOIW, I think the stretch mark test isn't always a good indicator. My
    experience has been that I had good retraction in places where I had
    stretch marks and less good in places I didn't.

    Martha

    --

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.