My First Road Bike

Originally Posted by Blake Neese .

I had a custom fitting session and everything, I love it and I look forward to the world of cycling.
Hmmm I think I want a custom fitting session but I am worried that I am gonna feel like "Cleopatra" /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Do they touch a lot when they do that???

Originally Posted by Volnix .

Hmmm I think I want a custom fitting session but I am worried that I am gonna feel like "Cleopatra" /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

The inseam measurement is the best part./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

But Caveat emptor, a bike fitting is like a haircut, and everyone here with some sense of vanity/self-awareness knows they've ended up with a bad one at least once. There are fitters, and then there are fitting methodologies. Most of the time it works out just fine, especially when the fitter works via a riders feedback. However we had a fitter do my team last season, I saw some pretty wonky, arbitrary, and subjective calls. I respectfully declined.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

The inseam measurement is the best part./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

But Caveat emptor, a bike fitting is like a haircut, and everyone here with some sense of vanity/self-awareness knows they've ended up with a bad one at least once. There are fitters, and then there are fitting methodologies. Most of the time it works out just fine, especially when the fitter works via a riders feedback. However we had a fitter do my team last season, I saw some pretty wonky, arbitrary, and subjective calls. I respectfully declined.
Hmmm I might go for one... I have this problem with the seat lately... I am worried about my back angle too...

They were former TSA agents before they started fitting for bicycles.

Hmmm I might go for one... I have this problem with the seat lately... I am worried about my back angle too...
I figured my seat was too high, moved it down 1.5cm and had all sorts of issues, spent hours with fore/aft up down , eventually settled in .50cm lower than previous with a slightly more forward postion.

At this point I validate my seat position by painn or lack thereof, I never thought half a centimeter would matter but it sure did for me.

Originally Posted by ira41 .

I figured my seat was too high, moved it down 1.5cm and had all sorts of issues, spent hours with fore/aft up down , eventually settled in .50cm lower than previous with a slightly more forward postion.

At this point I validate my seat position by painn or lack thereof, I never thought half a centimeter would matter but it sure did for me.
Actually I get aches on my back after long rides, but they substite my "permanent back aches" so its not too bad, but still bad... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
I might try to make some adjustments on the seat first my self before going to the "salon"... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

ira41 said:
I figured my seat was too high, moved it down 1.5cm and had all sorts of issues, spent hours with fore/aft up down , eventually settled in .50cm lower than previous with a slightly more forward postion. At this point I validate my seat position by painn or lack thereof, I never thought half a centimeter would matter but it sure did for me.
You may want to have a fit done at an LBS. Fore/aft adjustment of the saddle should only be used to position your body/legs correctly (where correctly is defined by how your morphology and how your body works) with respect to the bottom bracket. It shouldn't be used to increase or decrease the reach to the bars.

"They were former TSA agents before they started fitting for bicycles."

So...no reach around...no commitment...no breakfast?

I really want to say your bike looks absolutely ****, so I will. Your bike looks like a piece of ****! Thats incorrect however, coz that bike looks **** hot!

Originally Posted by San Remo GT .

I really want to say your bike looks absolutely ****, so I will. Your bike looks like a piece of ****! Thats incorrect however, coz that bike looks **** hot!
It would look hotter without the reflectors on the wheels. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"They were former TSA agents before they started fitting for bicycles."

So...no reach around...no commitment...no breakfast?
You say that like it's a bad thing

Originally Posted by mpre53 .

It would look hotter without the reflectors on the wheels. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
And the spoke guard between the cassette and spokes on the rear wheel, which actually serve no useful purpose.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

And the spoke guard between the cassette and spokes on the rear wheel, which actually serve no useful purpose.
Baby steps, first. Baby steps. Taking off the dork disc is a major leap of faith. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Oh...and in 1972 those were called "Pie Plates". Later, "Dweeb Discs".

Even then, sadly, they were discriminated against.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Oh...and in 1972 those were called "Pie Plates". Later, "Dweeb Discs".

Even then, sadly, they were discriminated against.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif
Between pie plate and dweeb/dork disc, there was Frisbee.