My opinion (like it matters) on the ACO vs UCI

jrtalon

Jul 22, 2006
Let me see if I got this:
ASO= company that organizes the Tour de france and Paris-Nice races.
UCI= cycling governing body that sets the rules and regulations for cycling.

Now the problem is the ASO wants to also regulate the race too like who should be in it. IMO they have every right to do so but it seems like they want to have their cake and eat it too. The ASO wants to regulate the race but still have it recognized as a UCI sanctioned event. It just can't work that way, either they let UCI regulate the race completely or they do everything themselves. Frankly I think its dangerous to the sport for private national media company (ASO) to run the race fairly. Granted the UCI hasn't exactly done a bang up job but I'd put more trust into them since their an international body.

jrtalon said:
Let me see if I got this:
ASO= company that organizes the Tour de france and Paris-Nice races.
UCI= cycling governing body that sets the rules and regulations for cycling.

Now the problem is the ASO wants to also regulate the race too like who should be in it. IMO they have every right to do so but it seems like they want to have their cake and eat it too. The ASO wants to regulate the race but still have it recognized as a UCI sanctioned event. It just can't work that way, either they let UCI regulate the race completely or they do everything themselves. Frankly I think its dangerous to the sport for private national media company (ASO) to run the race fairly. Granted the UCI hasn't exactly done a bang up job but I'd put more trust into them since their an international body.
fark like UCI is a responsible custodian, my phallus is ten feet long!

Okay...enough whinging...(that is not pointed at anyone in particular)... someone come up with a solution for this frickin' mess.

[BTW jrtalon... maybe you could go back in and edit your thread title so that it doesn't look like the American Composer's Orchestra is taking on the UCI]