my uni christmas poll: will she or won't she?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by BraveSirStupid, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45215
    Question: Will max get a uni for Christmas?

    - yes, a coker
    - yes, a giraffe
    - how do you spell "harper hottie"?
    - no, just a jar of kim chee and he'll like it

    I've given my girlfriend several links to UDC Cokers and giraffes and
    whinged repeatedly about how i wanna big wheel or giraffe for Christmas
    for the last month or so. :D

    So what do you think? Will i get a uni or do i have to dump her?

    --
    BraveSirStupid

    -i am a poser. face-down on pavement, mostly, although sometimes i like
    to pose face-down in grass, but my favorite pose is
    madly-flailing-arms-with-rictus-of-terror-on-my-face-
    BraveSirStupid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7738

  2. Zzagg

    Zzagg Guest

    I was thinking that you'd be lucky if you were offered a cocker by your
    girlfriend... And just when I thought "I wish my girl would offer me a
    uni:( " I just remembered that she actually offered me my first uni for
    my birthday 3 years ago:D
    So if she offers you a cocker this year and you want to keep her (so
    precious!) try and remember it before asking a rafie on christmas
    2006;)

    --
    Zzagg

    Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

    Riding day, dream away...
    Still riding, still dreaming.

    please excuse me for still thinking I can write correct english :-o
    Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

  3. GILD

    GILD Guest

    You may have to wait for Magic 8Ball to get here.
    My feeling is a definate 'yes' on the Coker. She might consider the
    raffie too dangerous.

    --
    GILD

    'three short gs and a long e-flat'
    (http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
    (http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
    '\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
    (http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

  4. Daytripper63

    Daytripper63 Guest

  5. boo radley

    boo radley Guest

    Daytripper63 wrote:
    > I think you should give us her E-mail address and all of us can send her
    > suggestions:D

    yes, a little convincing from strangers on the internet is all she
    needs. why not just ask her straight up if she'll get you a coker, or
    giraffe? i don't buy anything for my gf unless she picks it out. it
    makes my shopping very easy and she ends up with less junk.

    --
    boo radley

    "This is your work! You'd better take care of me, Lord...because if you
    don't you're gonna have me on your hands." -Raoul Duke
    boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

  6. dogzilla

    dogzilla Guest

  7. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    All I know is my g/f would NEVER get me a uni for x-mas or birthday, or
    anything like that. She hates unicycles, and ive gotten like 2-3 of her
    friends into it BWAHAAHAHHAA!!!!

    --
    caw89

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89

    -last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

  8. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

    Ask her straight to buy you one. Give her all the appropriate details.
    Then buy her a really really nice pressie in return. YOu can't dump her
    unless you make it absolutely clear what you want. Hints don't work.

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    'Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
    victims may be the most oppressive - C.S.Lewis

    http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

  9. terryb99

    terryb99 Guest

    To give my wife a hint, I created a word document and placed it on my
    desk top with the uni's I would like to have. It had links to
    unicycle.com. Guess what, there is a brand new Nimbus 29'er sitting in
    my dinning room in a box covered with a sheet. The bummer is she won't
    let me see it until Christmas morn. I don't know if I can wait that
    long.

    --
    terryb99
    terryb99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10696

  10. Jimwahhh

    Jimwahhh Guest

  11. cathwood wrote:
    > Ask her straight to buy you one. Give her all the appropriate details.
    > Then buy her a really really nice pressie in return. YOu can't dump her
    > unless you make it absolutely clear what you want. Hints don't work.
    >
    > Cathy

    Oh, i did that! I sent her the appropriate urls in an email titled "BUY
    ME BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME NOW!!!" With an "if you love me" in there
    somewhere. ;)

    ..max

    --
    BraveSirStupid

    -i am a poser. face-down on pavement, mostly, although sometimes i like
    to pose face-down in grass, but my favorite pose is
    madly-flailing-arms-with-rictus-of-terror-on-my-face-
    BraveSirStupid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7738

  12. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    don't be disappointed if she doesn't... thats all i have to say about
    that or i'll start to rant...

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Mat.
    -----------------------
    SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
    TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
    --"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
    "abababilbel" - General Dibbles
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  13. guys...

    We've taken a UPD into the swamp of too much serious. [sic]

    perhaps a quick perusal of my profile might put this thread in
    perspective (and restore your faith Brave Sir Stupid's perspicacity,
    benevolence, wisdom, interpersonal sensitivity and unimpeachably
    excellent judgment)?

    That is all. As you were, carry on.

    ..max

    --
    BraveSirStupid

    -i am a poser. face-down on pavement, mostly, although sometimes i like
    to pose face-down in grass, but my favorite pose is
    madly-flailing-arms-with-rictus-of-terror-on-my-face-
    BraveSirStupid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7738

  14. You could say that if she does get you one, you would pay for $20, $50
    of it, whatever.

    Maybe.....

    --
    forrestunifreak

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

  15. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    BraveSirStupid wrote:
    > Oh, i did that! I sent her the appropriate urls in an email titled "BUY
    > ME BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME NOW!!!" With an "if you love me" in there
    > somewhere. ;)

    ...And then I looked at his profile and it said he's 46 years old! :D

    So I guess the next question is, what are you getting her?

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

  16. johnfoss wrote:
    > ...And then I looked at his profile and it said he's 46 years old! :D
    >
    > So I guess the next question is, what are you getting her?

    A Coker!

    ..max

    --
    BraveSirStupid

    -i am a poser. face-down on pavement, mostly, although sometimes i like
    to pose face-down in grass, but my favorite pose is
    madly-flailing-arms-with-rictus-of-terror-on-my-face-
    BraveSirStupid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7738

  17. mojobo1

    mojobo1 Guest

    :D haha! ask for a giraffe dey are way bettah dude but yeah i think
    youll get one just NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE and NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG some
    more

    --
    mojobo1

    I live in my own little world i dont know why becase hey hate me
    here.....:(
    mojobo1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11304

  18. ... and the answer is: a -very- generous gift certificate from 'UDC'
    (http://www.unicycle.com/Welcome.asp), thus confronting us once again
    with the question Giraffe or Coker?

    -Yay Grrrlfriend!-

    Actually, i've already decided; i'll be getting a