Need a 57 cm steel frame and fork

Philip W. Moore, Jr.

Guest
I know some of you racers (especially the older ones) have a 57 cm lugged
steel frame you either aren't using anymore or want to sell. I also want
your steel fork too, preferably the one that came with the frame. I need
something more suitable for distance riding than my old-school crit bike. I
want something in good condition, made with good stuff, but a brand name is
less important to me. Please let me know what you've got, even if it isn't
exactly what I'm looking for.

BTW, I've posted a want ad in the marketplace forum for this, but haven't
gotten any good replies. I thought you guys would have something. Help me
out. Doing brevets and road races next season on what I've got now will not
be fun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22681&item=7109844595&rd=1

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I know some of you racers (especially the older ones) have a 57 cm lugged
> steel frame you either aren't using anymore or want to sell. I also want
> your steel fork too, preferably the one that came with the frame. I need
> something more suitable for distance riding than my old-school crit bike.

> want something in good condition, made with good stuff, but a brand name

is
> less important to me. Please let me know what you've got, even if it

isn't
> exactly what I'm looking for.
>
> BTW, I've posted a want ad in the marketplace forum for this, but haven't
> gotten any good replies. I thought you guys would have something. Help

me
> out. Doing brevets and road races next season on what I've got now will

not
> be fun.

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I know some of you racers (especially the older ones) have a 57 cm lugged
> steel frame you either aren't using anymore or want to sell. I also want
> your steel fork too, preferably the one that came with the frame.

Two words. E Bay

Two more: no ****! I've been all over that place, and am bidding on a SLX
italian job...Thanks for the information, Captain Obvious.

:)

"RWM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >I know some of you racers (especially the older ones) have a 57 cm lugged
> > steel frame you either aren't using anymore or want to sell. I also

want
> > your steel fork too, preferably the one that came with the frame.

> Two words. E Bay

..

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Two more: no ****! I've been all over that place, and am bidding on a SLX
> italian job...Thanks for the information, Captain Obvious.

You make friends fast.

If you had already tried EBay, why didn't you mention it in your post? I
was simply responding with the easiest potential solution to your problem

"RWM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> .
> If you had already tried EBay, why didn't you mention it in your post? I
> was simply responding with the easiest potential solution to your problem

Because he's a jackass?

No, I'm not a jackass...a dumbass, maybe, but not a jackass. Bob sounded
curt so I jabbed back, 'tis all. "Two words: E Bay" is not the nicest way
to say "have you checked Ebay?". I don't know Bob from Adam, so how was I
to know? Besides, I already wrote him and apologized.

> "RWM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > .
> > If you had already tried EBay, why didn't you mention it in your post?

> > was simply responding with the easiest potential solution to your

problem

> Because he's a jackass?

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> No, I'm not a jackass...a dumbass, maybe, but not a jackass. Bob sounded
> curt so I jabbed back, 'tis all. "Two words: E Bay" is not the nicest way
> to say "have you checked Ebay?". I don't know Bob from Adam, so how was I
> to know? Besides, I already wrote him and apologized.

> > "RWM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > .
> > > If you had already tried EBay, why didn't you mention it in your post?

> > > was simply responding with the easiest potential solution to your

> problem
> >
> > Because he's a jackass?

If you have been to "eBay" and searched you might have seen this bike?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=7110058626&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
As a friend of the owner, I can personally attest to it's condition
and ride.
Very Good and Very Smooth.
y2kc0wb0y

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:07:24 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> As a friend of the owner, I can personally attest to it's condition

>Why? Is the owner's credibility lacking?

Nah, its the new Sarbanes-Oxley thing. The owner has to sign, but now
needs two friends to attest as well.

Its really a ***** for anyone that wants to sell and only has maybe
one friend in town.

Enron is making life tough all over.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> No, I'm not a jackass...a dumbass, maybe, but not a jackass. Bob sounded
> curt so I jabbed back, 'tis all. "Two words: E Bay" is not the nicest way
> to say "have you checked Ebay?". I don't know Bob from Adam, so how was I
> to know? Besides, I already wrote him and apologized.

> > "RWM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > .
> > > If you had already tried EBay, why didn't you mention it in your post?

> > > was simply responding with the easiest potential solution to your

> problem
> >
> > Because he's a jackass?

For the future try to remember that people don't need to be polite on
the internet. You asked a question and recieved an answer - if it
wasn't polite enough it WAS accurate.

It's a good frame, but I don't need a whole bike. I just bought a
Record/Chorus group...

"Scott Fulton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > No, I'm not a jackass...a dumbass, maybe, but not a jackass. Bob

sounded
> > curt so I jabbed back, 'tis all. "Two words: E Bay" is not the nicest

way
> > to say "have you checked Ebay?". I don't know Bob from Adam, so how was

> > to know? Besides, I already wrote him and apologized.
> >

> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "RWM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

post?

> > problem
> > >
> > > Because he's a jackass?
> > >

> If you have been to "eBay" and searched you might have seen this bike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=7110058626&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
> As a friend of the owner, I can personally attest to it's condition
> and ride.
> Very Good and Very Smooth.
> y2kc0wb0y

Thank you very much, Captain Curt (not misspelled).