need advice please :-\

W

Worried21

Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look to be the best place to ask.

Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i apologise, i tend to ramble on alot)

Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12 i was 12 etc. this carried on
until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at this weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at
school and i hated my weight issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my
body was too fat (kids are cruel!!).

Around 19 years old I had a big breakdown. I was very depressed due to lots of problems in my life
and in my past, one of which being my weight issue. I hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell
it, u know what i mean, rye crackers) a day and lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months and
went from 15 stone to about 10. I thought I looked fat still but my friend said i was too thin and u
could see my chest too much (i have a bit of a pigeon chest so it looked bad). I eventually agreed
that at 6 feet tall 10 stone wasnt enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost all the
weight. The reason i thought i was still fat was cause on my stomach i had excess skin, which i
presumed to be fat, but its just loose skin. This made me feel even worse, i cried all the time
worrying that I have ruined my body. My bum is flat, its just saggy skin. It looks like the bum of a
50 y/o man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick. Im not being big headed
but im very good looking, i know i am and people dont understand why i have no confidence.

Its hard cause im in drama school and this world is so much about looks and looking good, especially
in the entertainment business. What hope do i have of been a good lookin actor guy with this messed
up body :-( I know alot of you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this. It
annoys me cause I see this guy in my class and hes a bit podgy (like me now) but his bum is all
round and full and id adore to have that, mine is just flat and saggy with a crease at the bottom.

So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle but that does not clear it away.
Should I put weight back on then lose it slowly so the skin can tighten?? I have been offered
modeling work a few times but i have no confidence, and i know that when they see my upper body ill
be laughed at :-(

Reading this i sound vain, i am in a way, but everyone who wants to improve their look is vain in a
way. I just want to look like other young guys, not a middle aged man.

Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to understand how much this worrys me.

Worried guy.

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:18:11 -0000, "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look to be the best place to ask.
>
>Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i apologise, i tend to ramble on alot)
>
>Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12 i was 12 etc. this carried on
>until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at this weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at
>school and i hated my weight issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my
>body was too fat (kids are cruel!!).

>So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle but that does not clear it away.

You are 21, 6 feet tall, and 161 pounds, and you think you've put on muscle! No way. You have done
some silly things (like a starvation diet) but I doubt you have ruined your life or your body. You
have great things ahead of you, all you have to do is want them enough.

I think you need to build some real muscle, and you will be amazed at what your body will look
like then.

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Beginning.html

These two sites will tell you how to lift some weights.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ This site will tell you something about nutrition.

Take a look at the misc.fitness.weights newsgroup, but please read there first for at least a week
or they will crucify you.

I was nearly 20 stone a year ago and about as unfit as it's possible to get and still push a mouse
about. I have seen how my body has changed in a year as I've lost a shedload of weight and got a lot
fitter. I still don't quite believe it, but It's possible with a lot of effort..

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

Welcome Worried. I haven't lost enough yet to know if I'll be plagued with extra skin so can't give
you any first-hand advice. I figure though, that you didn't have the best eating habits when you
had the excess weight and then the cracker diet wasn't good nutrition, certainly. Are you eating a
healthful, balanced diet these days? If not, I think the Weight Watchers way of eating would
benefit you greatly and maybe help with the skin and muscle tone. Congratulations on losing the
extra weight.
--
WatchingWorks
190/167/130 Drop some weight to reply "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look to be the best place to ask.
>
> Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i apologise, i tend to ramble on alot)
>
> Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12 i was
> etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at this weight till i was
> 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my weight issue. Especially since girls said i had
> a really nice face, but my body
was
> too fat (kids are cruel!!).
>
> Around 19 years old I had a big breakdown. I was very depressed due to
lots
> of problems in my life and in my past, one of which being my weight issue.
I
> hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell it, u know what i mean, rye crackers) a day and
> lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months and went from 15 stone to about 10. I thought I
> looked fat still but my friend said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit
> of a pigeon chest so it looked bad). I eventually agreed that at 6 feet tall 10 stone wasnt
> enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost all the weight. The reason i thought i was
> still fat was cause on my stomach i had excess skin, which i presumed to be fat, but its just
> loose skin. This
made
> me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined my body. My bum is flat, its
> just saggy skin. It looks like the bum of a 50
y/o
> man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick. Im not being big headed but im
> very good looking, i know i am and people dont understand why i have no confidence.
>
> Its hard cause im in drama school and this world is so much about looks
and
> looking good, especially in the entertainment business. What hope do i
have
> of been a good lookin actor guy with this messed up body :-( I know alot
of
> you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this. It annoys me cause I see this
> guy in my class and hes a bit podgy (like me
now)
> but his bum is all round and full and id adore to have that, mine is just flat and saggy with a
> crease at the bottom.
>
> So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle but
that
> does not clear it away. Should I put weight back on then lose it slowly so the skin can tighten??
> I have been offered modeling work a few times but i have no confidence, and i know that when they
> see my upper body ill be laughed at :-(
>
> Reading this i sound vain, i am in a way, but everyone who wants to
improve
> their look is vain in a way. I just want to look like other young guys,
not
> a middle aged man.
>
> Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to understand how much this worrys me.
>
> Worried guy.

One of the best things I've heard works for sagging skin is time, building muscle, and time. Don't
put the weight back on, keep building the muscle and give yourself time--your skin will eventually
"spring" back. I've heard it can take well over 6 months to a year sometimes depending on age (your
young, that's good) and how dry your skin is (use mosturizer if it's dry and drink lots of water).

Taking the time to change your eating habits so that you are eating better will help also, but most
importantly work on your self confidence. Everyone deserves to be confident, including you!! Put the
past behind you the best you can (I know, easier said than done) and tell yourself you deserve to be
happy. When you start loving yourself and feel confidence in yourself others will see that and be
confident in you. Come here and post often when you have successes--you'll get lots of congratulations--
and when you have hard times--you'll get lots of support. I know lots of the people on this board
would help you with that self confidence issue!!! The other great thing about the people on this
board is they don't judge hard, just motivate (and kick your butt into gear when needed!!!) in
loving ways!!!

Good Luck!!! I'm on your side!!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look to be the best place to ask.
>
> Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i apologise, i tend to ramble on alot)
>
> etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at this weight till i was
> 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my weight issue. Especially since girls said i had
was
>
lots
I
> hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell it, u know what i mean, rye crackers) a day and
> lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months and went from 15 stone to about 10. I thought I
> looked fat still but my friend said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit
> of a pigeon chest so it looked bad). I eventually agreed that at 6 feet tall 10 stone wasnt
> enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost all the weight. The reason i thought i was
> still fat was cause on my stomach i had excess skin, which i presumed to be fat, but its just
> loose skin. This
made
> me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined my body. My bum is flat, its
y/o
> man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick. Im not being big headed but im
> very good looking, i know i am and people dont understand why i have no confidence.
>
and
have
of
> you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this. It annoys me cause I see this
now)
> but his bum is all round and full and id adore to have that, mine is just flat and saggy with a
> crease at the bottom.
>
that
> does not clear it away. Should I put weight back on then lose it slowly so the skin can tighten??
> I have been offered modeling work a few times but i have no confidence, and i know that when they
>
improve
not
> a middle aged man.
>
> Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to understand how much this worrys me.
>
> Worried guy.

first of all, what is done is done, so start from where you are and don't
punish yourself for the past, it accomplishes not one thing. I am not sure
how long it has been since you have lost your weight but it can take up to
two years to have your skin adjust. My advice to you is to learn how to eat
properly now so you do not regain the weight and have to go through it all
gain. You might want to MAKE yourself take some of that modeling work so
you can save in case the skin does not shrink and you have to seek medical
alternatives. We all have confidence issues, we all are insecure because we
have lost weight and have a different body from what we are used to and we
all get through it eating healthy or we regain, I am pulling for you to
learn to eat properly and stay thin and get fit, Good luck, Lee
Worried21 <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>
was
>
lots
I
> loose skin. This
made
y/o
>
and
have
of
now)
> crease at the bottom.
>
that
>
improve
not
> a middle aged man.
>
>
> Worried guy.

I am 26. I am a woman. I had a baby 5 years ago and I lost 50 lbs. Now, my loose belly skin will
probably always be there. When I weighed 97 pounds it was like a little loose bag of skin hanging
off my stomach (not to mention the two flat socks with a dime in each I was carrying around for
breasts). Now I have gained 20 lbs since then I am now at 118 and voila: my breast are completely
full and my tummy is not loose anymore. On the other hand: my belly is now sticking out, I lost my
waiste and I can't fit into my pants.

I feel I have the choice between breasts & tight belly skin and being thin. Not an easy choice. I am
opting for a middle ground at 108 lbs.

My point is: Since you are a guy and your skin has not strecthed from here to eternity due to
pregnancy, it will probably bounce back over time - especially if you start building a whole lot of
muscle. But we must realize that we don't all get to be on the cover of "Sport Illustrated" although
we are now slim and fit. Because our bodies have taken a toll when we were overweight and it shows.
But don't worry - life shows - this is life.

:eek:)

Mette - who hardly notices her saggy skin or stretchmarks anylonger...

Thank you for your advice and kind words.

Best wishes :)

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:18:11 -0000, "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look to
be
> >the best place to ask.
> >
> >Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i apologise,
i
> >tend to ramble on alot)
> >
> >Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12 i was
> >etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at
this
> >weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my
weight
> >issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my body
was
> >too fat (kids are cruel!!).
>
> >So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle but
that
> >does not clear it away.
>
> You are 21, 6 feet tall, and 161 pounds, and you think you've put on muscle! No way. You have done
> some silly things (like a starvation diet) but I doubt you have ruined your life or your body. You
> have great things ahead of you, all you have to do is want them enough.
>
> I think you need to build some real muscle, and you will be amazed at what your body will look
> like then.
>
> http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Beginning.html
>
> These two sites will tell you how to lift some weights.
>
> http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ This site will tell you something about nutrition.
>
> Take a look at the misc.fitness.weights newsgroup, but please read there first for at least a week
> or they will crucify you.
>
> I was nearly 20 stone a year ago and about as unfit as it's possible to get and still push a mouse
> about. I have seen how my body has changed in a year as I've lost a shedload of weight and got a
> lot fitter. I still don't quite believe it, but It's possible with a lot of effort..
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

Im not eating a very good diet. I've been so busy with my 2nd year drama performance the last few
months, but i know this is just an excuse. Im going to stop smoking (!!) and eat well, and I will
look good in the end. If it want it I will get it in the end!

Thank you

"WatchingWorks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Welcome Worried. I haven't lost enough yet to know if I'll be plagued with extra skin so can't
> give you any first-hand advice. I figure though, that you didn't have the best eating habits when
> you had the excess weight and then the cracker diet wasn't good nutrition, certainly. Are you
> eating a healthful, balanced diet these days? If not, I think the Weight Watchers
way
> of eating would benefit you greatly and maybe help with the skin and
muscle
> tone. Congratulations on losing the extra weight.
> --
> WatchingWorks
> 190/167/130 Drop some weight to reply "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look to
be
> > the best place to ask.
> >
> > Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i apologise,
i
> > tend to ramble on alot)
> >
> > Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12 i
was
> 12
> > etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at
this
> > weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my
weight
> > issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my body
> was
> > too fat (kids are cruel!!).
> >
> > Around 19 years old I had a big breakdown. I was very depressed due to
> lots
> > of problems in my life and in my past, one of which being my weight
issue.
> I
> > hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell it, u know what i mean,
rye
> > crackers) a day and lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months and went from 15 stone to
> > about 10. I thought I looked fat still but my
friend
> > said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit of a pigeon chest so it
> > looked bad). I eventually agreed that at 6 feet tall
> > stone wasnt enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost all
the
> > weight. The reason i thought i was still fat was cause on my stomach i
had
> > excess skin, which i presumed to be fat, but its just loose skin. This
> made
> > me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined my body. My bum is flat,
> > its just saggy skin. It looks like the bum of a 50
> y/o
> > man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick. Im
not
> > being big headed but im very good looking, i know i am and people dont understand why i have no
> > confidence.
> >
> > Its hard cause im in drama school and this world is so much about looks
> and
> > looking good, especially in the entertainment business. What hope do i
> have
> > of been a good lookin actor guy with this messed up body :-( I know alot
> of
> > you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this. It annoys me cause I see
> > this guy in my class and hes a bit podgy (like me
> now)
> > but his bum is all round and full and id adore to have that, mine is
just
> > flat and saggy with a crease at the bottom.
> >
> > So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle but
> that
> > does not clear it away. Should I put weight back on then lose it slowly
so
> > the skin can tighten?? I have been offered modeling work a few times but
i
> > have no confidence, and i know that when they see my upper body ill be laughed at :-(
> >
> > Reading this i sound vain, i am in a way, but everyone who wants to
> improve
> > their look is vain in a way. I just want to look like other young guys,
> not
> > a middle aged man.
> >
> > Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to
understand
> > how much this worrys me.
> >
> > Worried guy.
> >
>

Thank you :)

I need my butt kicking sometimes!

"Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8m8Jb.191809$8y1.619588@attbi_s52...
> One of the best things I've heard works for sagging skin is time, building muscle, and time. Don't
> put the weight back on, keep building the muscle and give yourself time--your skin will eventually
> "spring" back. I've
heard
> it can take well over 6 months to a year sometimes depending on age (your young, that's good) and
> how dry your skin is (use mosturizer if it's dry
and
> drink lots of water).
>
> Taking the time to change your eating habits so that you are eating better will help also, but
> most importantly work on your self confidence.
Everyone
> deserves to be confident, including you!! Put the past behind you the
best
> you can (I know, easier said than done) and tell yourself you deserve to
be
> happy. When you start loving yourself and feel confidence in yourself others will see that and be
> confident in you. Come here and post often
when
> you have successes--you'll get lots of congratulations--and when you have hard times--you'll get
> lots of support. I know lots of the people on this board would help you with that self confidence
> issue!!! The other great thing about the people on this board is they don't judge hard, just
motivate
> (and kick your butt into gear when needed!!!) in loving ways!!!
>
> Good Luck!!! I'm on your side!!!
>
> --
> Janice
> 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
>
>
> "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
be
> >
i
> >
was
> 12
this
weight
> was
> >
> lots
issue.
> I
rye
> > crackers) a day and lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months and went from 15 stone to
friend
> > said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit of a pigeon chest so it
the
had
> made
> > me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined my body. My bum is flat,
> y/o
not
> > being big headed but im very good looking, i know i am and people dont understand why i have no
> > confidence.
> >
> and
> have
> of
> > you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this. It annoys me cause I see
> now)
just
> >
> that
so
i
> > have no confidence, and i know that when they see my upper body ill be laughed at :-(
> >
> improve
> not
> > a middle aged man.
> >
understand
> >
> > Worried guy.
> >
>

I do need a good diet. I had irregular sleeping pattersn due to funny working times and school
times. Regardless today I am starting. No smoking, no drinking (apart from JD!), lots of water (no
coke). No crisps, no chocolate.

I need to try and find out what to eat now for a well balanced diet. I know that when i eat properly
the weight falls off me, which would be helpful to get rid of this fatty belly i have.

Obvious stuff is easy, no fatty foods, no fast foods, no sugery drinks etc. I guess im safe to stick
to salad's, pasta, potatoes, fish ermmmmm and other stuff that is common sense that its good to eat!

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> first of all, what is done is done, so start from where you are and don't punish yourself for the
> past, it accomplishes not one thing. I am not
sure
> how long it has been since you have lost your weight but it can take up to two years to have your
> skin adjust. My advice to you is to learn how to
eat
> properly now so you do not regain the weight and have to go through it all gain. You might want to
> MAKE yourself take some of that modeling work so you can save in case the skin does not shrink and
> you have to seek medical alternatives. We all have confidence issues, we all are insecure because
we
> have lost weight and have a different body from what we are used to and we all get through it
> eating healthy or we regain, I am pulling for you to learn to eat properly and stay thin and get
> fit, Good luck, Lee Worried21 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
be
> >
i
> >
was
> 12
this
weight
> was
> >
> lots
issue.
> I
rye
friend
the
had
> made
> y/o
not
> > confidence.
> >
> and
> have
> of
> now)
just
> >
> that
so
i
> >
> improve
> not
> > a middle aged man.
> >
understand
> >
> > Worried guy.
> >
>

GR8 attitude Mette :) From one mother to another ;-) Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current
214- Goal 160 to 140)

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I am 26. I am a woman. I had a baby 5 years ago and I lost 50 lbs. Now, my loose belly skin will
probably always be there. When I weighed 97 pounds it was like a little loose bag of skin hanging
off my stomach (not to mention the two flat socks with a dime in each I was carrying around for
breasts). Now I have gained 20 lbs since then I am now at 118 and voila: my breast are completely
full and my tummy is not loose anymore. On the other hand: my belly is now sticking out, I lost my
waiste and I can't fit into my pants.

I feel I have the choice between breasts & tight belly skin and being thin. Not an easy choice. I am
opting for a middle ground at 108 lbs.

My point is: Since you are a guy and your skin has not strecthed from here to eternity due to
pregnancy, it will probably bounce back over time - especially if you start building a whole lot of
muscle. But we must realize that we don't all get to be on the cover of "Sport Illustrated" although
we are now slim and fit. Because our bodies have taken a toll when we were overweight and it shows.
But don't worry - life shows - this is life.

:eek:)

Mette - who hardly notices her saggy skin or stretchmarks anylonger...

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 02:00:00 -0000, "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thank you for your advice and kind words.

Sorry I was a bit harsh. Dietting drastically loses muscle as well as fat. It is possible to get the
muscle back but it will take time and determination. The skin will adjust too. But it all takes
time. Get back in the gym and let us know how you get on.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

I have found that eating sensibly has worked. I don't follow a "diet" per-say. I work out with
weights 3 times a week and I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full, and eat what I crave. I have
found I don't eat as much since starting this, I tend to crave "good" foods--fruit, vegi's, etc...--
and I'm continuing to lose about 1-2 pounds a week. The nice thing about this is I won't have to
worry about whether or not eating a candy bar will cause me to gain weight--I don't even want a
whole candy bar anymore, usually half will get me by for the day or two!!! It may take me longer to
reach my goal but it's worth it to me to have new eating habits and be able to eat what I want!!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I do need a good diet. I had irregular sleeping pattersn due to funny working times and school
> times. Regardless today I am starting. No
smoking,
> no drinking (apart from JD!), lots of water (no coke). No crisps, no chocolate.
>
> I need to try and find out what to eat now for a well balanced diet. I
know
> that when i eat properly the weight falls off me, which would be helpful
to
> get rid of this fatty belly i have.
>
> Obvious stuff is easy, no fatty foods, no fast foods, no sugery drinks
etc.
> I guess im safe to stick to salad's, pasta, potatoes, fish ermmmmm and
other
> stuff that is common sense that its good to eat!
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > first of all, what is done is done, so start from where you are and
don't
> > punish yourself for the past, it accomplishes not one thing. I am not
> sure
> > how long it has been since you have lost your weight but it can take up
to
> > two years to have your skin adjust. My advice to you is to learn how to
> eat
> > properly now so you do not regain the weight and have to go through it
all
> > gain. You might want to MAKE yourself take some of that modeling work
so
> > you can save in case the skin does not shrink and you have to seek
medical
> > alternatives. We all have confidence issues, we all are insecure
because
> we
> > have lost weight and have a different body from what we are used to and
we
> > all get through it eating healthy or we regain, I am pulling for you to learn to eat properly
> > and stay thin and get fit, Good luck, Lee Worried21 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look
to
> be
> > > the best place to ask.
> > >
> > > Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i
apologise,
> i
> > > tend to ramble on alot)
> > >
> > > Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12 i
> was
> > 12
> > > etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at
> this
> > > weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my
> weight
> > > issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my
body
> > was
> > > too fat (kids are cruel!!).
> > >
> > > Around 19 years old I had a big breakdown. I was very depressed due to
> > lots
> > > of problems in my life and in my past, one of which being my weight
> issue.
> > I
> > > hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell it, u know what i mean,
> rye
> > > crackers) a day and lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months
and
> > > went from 15 stone to about 10. I thought I looked fat still but my
> friend
> > > said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit of
a
> > > pigeon chest so it looked bad). I eventually agreed that at 6 feet
tall
> 10
> > > stone wasnt enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost all
> the
> > > weight. The reason i thought i was still fat was cause on my stomach i
> had
> > > excess skin, which i presumed to be fat, but its just loose skin. This
> > made
> > > me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined
my
> > > body. My bum is flat, its just saggy skin. It looks like the bum of a
> > y/o
> > > man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick. Im
> not
> > > being big headed but im very good looking, i know i am and people dont understand why i have
> > > no confidence.
> > >
> > > Its hard cause im in drama school and this world is so much about
looks
> > and
> > > looking good, especially in the entertainment business. What hope do i
> > have
> > > of been a good lookin actor guy with this messed up body :-( I know
alot
> > of
> > > you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this.
It
> > > annoys me cause I see this guy in my class and hes a bit podgy (like
me
> > now)
> > > but his bum is all round and full and id adore to have that, mine is
> just
> > > flat and saggy with a crease at the bottom.
> > >
> > > So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle but
> > that
> > > does not clear it away. Should I put weight back on then lose it
slowly
> so
> > > the skin can tighten?? I have been offered modeling work a few times
but
> i
> > > have no confidence, and i know that when they see my upper body ill be laughed at :-(
> > >
> > > Reading this i sound vain, i am in a way, but everyone who wants to
> > improve
> > > their look is vain in a way. I just want to look like other young
guys,
> > not
> > > a middle aged man.
> > >
> > > Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to
> understand
> > > how much this worrys me.
> > >
> > > Worried guy.
> > >
> > >
> >
>

I am gonna criticize you just a bit, hope it doesn't offend you, you sound
like I used to ... lots of changes in your post. That is good that you have
identified things that need to be changed, and working on them is great too,
but remember it is NOT all or nothing. I am trying to say don't get trapped
by having to be perfect. If you have identified where you need to change
then work on the things just don't quit if you can't do them all at once,
you can read and learn what the best food plan is for you and writing down
what you eat as you eat it is the best way to figure out what you are
currently doing and where you need to make changes, again, good luck, Lee
Worried21 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I do need a good diet. I had irregular sleeping pattersn due to funny working times and school
> times. Regardless today I am starting. No
smoking,
> no drinking (apart from JD!), lots of water (no coke). No crisps, no chocolate.
>
> I need to try and find out what to eat now for a well balanced diet. I
know
> that when i eat properly the weight falls off me, which would be helpful
to
> get rid of this fatty belly i have.
>
> Obvious stuff is easy, no fatty foods, no fast foods, no sugery drinks
etc.
> I guess im safe to stick to salad's, pasta, potatoes, fish ermmmmm and
other
> stuff that is common sense that its good to eat!
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > first of all, what is done is done, so start from where you are and
don't
> > punish yourself for the past, it accomplishes not one thing. I am not
> sure
> > how long it has been since you have lost your weight but it can take up
to
> > two years to have your skin adjust. My advice to you is to learn how to
> eat
> > properly now so you do not regain the weight and have to go through it
all
> > gain. You might want to MAKE yourself take some of that modeling work
so
> > you can save in case the skin does not shrink and you have to seek
medical
> > alternatives. We all have confidence issues, we all are insecure
because
> we
> > have lost weight and have a different body from what we are used to and
we
> > all get through it eating healthy or we regain, I am pulling for you to learn to eat properly
> > and stay thin and get fit, Good luck, Lee Worried21 <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look
to
> be
> > > the best place to ask.
> > >
> > > Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i
apologise,
> i
> > > tend to ramble on alot)
> > >
> > > Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12 i
> was
> > 12
> > > etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed at
> this
> > > weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my
> weight
> > > issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my
body
> > was
> > > too fat (kids are cruel!!).
> > >
> > > Around 19 years old I had a big breakdown. I was very depressed due to
> > lots
> > > of problems in my life and in my past, one of which being my weight
> issue.
> > I
> > > hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell it, u know what i mean,
> rye
> > > crackers) a day and lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months
and
> > > went from 15 stone to about 10. I thought I looked fat still but my
> friend
> > > said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit of
a
> > > pigeon chest so it looked bad). I eventually agreed that at 6 feet
tall
> 10
> > > stone wasnt enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost all
> the
> > > weight. The reason i thought i was still fat was cause on my stomach i
> had
> > > excess skin, which i presumed to be fat, but its just loose skin. This
> > made
> > > me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined
my
> > > body. My bum is flat, its just saggy skin. It looks like the bum of a
> > y/o
> > > man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick. Im
> not
> > > being big headed but im very good looking, i know i am and people dont understand why i have
> > > no confidence.
> > >
> > > Its hard cause im in drama school and this world is so much about
looks
> > and
> > > looking good, especially in the entertainment business. What hope do i
> > have
> > > of been a good lookin actor guy with this messed up body :-( I know
alot
> > of
> > > you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this.
It
> > > annoys me cause I see this guy in my class and hes a bit podgy (like
me
> > now)
> > > but his bum is all round and full and id adore to have that, mine is
> just
> > > flat and saggy with a crease at the bottom.
> > >
> > > So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle but
> > that
> > > does not clear it away. Should I put weight back on then lose it
slowly
> so
> > > the skin can tighten?? I have been offered modeling work a few times
but
> i
> > > have no confidence, and i know that when they see my upper body ill be laughed at :-(
> > >
> > > Reading this i sound vain, i am in a way, but everyone who wants to
> > improve
> > > their look is vain in a way. I just want to look like other young
guys,
> > not
> > > a middle aged man.
> > >
> > > Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to
> understand
> > > how much this worrys me.
> > >
> > > Worried guy.
> > >
> > >
> >
>

You were a bit harsh but that helps me, motivation. I can be a lazy SOB sometimes and i need a kick
upthe rear!

I must confess, I think my stomach is not all skin. I got so used to it being skin i now put my
belly down to skin, i didnt realise that in the past year it has tightened and the reason its still
there is cause im a little fat.... I got so used to it being loose and flabby, i didnt realise that
its quite solid now so it must be fat :-\ Also realise that I lost all my muscle when i did my big
diet. Probably best to cut before i bulk, get rid of the belly so the muscle can show easily.

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 02:00:00 -0000, "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your advice and kind words.
>
> Sorry I was a bit harsh. Dietting drastically loses muscle as well as fat. It is possible to get
> the muscle back but it will take time and determination. The skin will adjust too. But it all
> takes time. Get back in the gym and let us know how you get on.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

this is very sensible, Lee
Janice Kennish <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BPiJb.31954$I07.84515@attbi_s53...
> I have found that eating sensibly has worked. I don't follow a "diet" per-say. I work out with
> weights 3 times a week and I eat when I'm
hungry,
> stop when I'm full, and eat what I crave. I have found I don't eat as
much
> since starting this, I tend to crave "good" foods--fruit, vegi's, etc...--and I'm continuing to
> lose about 1-2 pounds a week. The nice
thing
> about this is I won't have to worry about whether or not eating a candy
bar
> will cause me to gain weight--I don't even want a whole candy bar anymore, usually half will get
> me by for the day or two!!! It may take me longer
to
> reach my goal but it's worth it to me to have new eating habits and be
able
> to eat what I want!!!
>
> --
> Janice
> 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
>
>
> "Worried21" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I do need a good diet. I had irregular sleeping pattersn due to funny working times and school
> > times. Regardless today I am starting. No
> smoking,
> > no drinking (apart from JD!), lots of water (no coke). No crisps, no chocolate.
> >
> > I need to try and find out what to eat now for a well balanced diet. I
> know
> > that when i eat properly the weight falls off me, which would be helpful
> to
> > get rid of this fatty belly i have.
> >
> > Obvious stuff is easy, no fatty foods, no fast foods, no sugery drinks
> etc.
> > I guess im safe to stick to salad's, pasta, potatoes, fish ermmmmm and
> other
> > stuff that is common sense that its good to eat!
> >
> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > first of all, what is done is done, so start from where you are and
> don't
> > > punish yourself for the past, it accomplishes not one thing. I am not
> > sure
> > > how long it has been since you have lost your weight but it can take
up
> to
> > > two years to have your skin adjust. My advice to you is to learn how
to
> > eat
> > > properly now so you do not regain the weight and have to go through it
> all
> > > gain. You might want to MAKE yourself take some of that modeling work
> so
> > > you can save in case the skin does not shrink and you have to seek
> medical
> > > alternatives. We all have confidence issues, we all are insecure
> because
> > we
> > > have lost weight and have a different body from what we are used to
and
> we
> > > all get through it eating healthy or we regain, I am pulling for you
to
> > > learn to eat properly and stay thin and get fit, Good luck, Lee Worried21 <[email protected]>
> > > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > > Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look
> to
> > be
> > > > the best place to ask.
> > > >
> > > > Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i
> apologise,
> > i
> > > > tend to ramble on alot)
> > > >
> > > > Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12
i
> > was
> > > 12
> > > > etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed
at
> > this
> > > > weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my
> > weight
> > > > issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my
> body
> > > was
> > > > too fat (kids are cruel!!).
> > > >
> > > > Around 19 years old I had a big breakdown. I was very depressed due
to
> > > lots
> > > > of problems in my life and in my past, one of which being my weight
> > issue.
> > > I
> > > > hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell it, u know what i
mean,
> > rye
> > > > crackers) a day and lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months
> and
> > > > went from 15 stone to about 10. I thought I looked fat still but my
> > friend
> > > > said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit
of
> a
> > > > pigeon chest so it looked bad). I eventually agreed that at 6 feet
> tall
> > 10
> > > > stone wasnt enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost
all
> > the
> > > > weight. The reason i thought i was still fat was cause on my stomach
i
> > had
> > > > excess skin, which i presumed to be fat, but its just loose skin.
This
> > > made
> > > > me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined
> my
> > > > body. My bum is flat, its just saggy skin. It looks like the bum of
a
> 50
> > > y/o
> > > > man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick.
Im
> > not
> > > > being big headed but im very good looking, i know i am and people
dont
> > > > understand why i have no confidence.
> > > >
> > > > Its hard cause im in drama school and this world is so much about
> looks
> > > and
> > > > looking good, especially in the entertainment business. What hope do
i
> > > have
> > > > of been a good lookin actor guy with this messed up body :-( I know
> alot
> > > of
> > > > you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this.
> It
> > > > annoys me cause I see this guy in my class and hes a bit podgy (like
> me
> > > now)
> > > > but his bum is all round and full and id adore to have that, mine is
> > just
> > > > flat and saggy with a crease at the bottom.
> > > >
> > > > So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle
but
> > > that
> > > > does not clear it away. Should I put weight back on then lose it
> slowly
> > so
> > > > the skin can tighten?? I have been offered modeling work a few times
> but
> > i
> > > > have no confidence, and i know that when they see my upper body ill
be
> > > > laughed at :-(
> > > >
> > > > Reading this i sound vain, i am in a way, but everyone who wants to
> > > improve
> > > > their look is vain in a way. I just want to look like other young
> guys,
> > > not
> > > > a middle aged man.
> > > >
> > > > Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to
> > understand
> > > > how much this worrys me.
> > > >
> > > > Worried guy.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

i have iregular sleeping patterns as well. I work mid nights actually from 11 - 7 in the morning. i
usually wgo to bed at about 8 maybe 9 sometimes later if we have something to do. I eat breakfast no
matter what time a day it is that i wake up. then i usually go back to bed for another couple of hrs
and then when i wake up the next time i have my lunch. and then the pattern continues. I treat my
working nights as if i was eating regular during the day. if i wasn't working nights.If that makes
any sence. i get my exercise at work because i work at tim hortons. and i am running constently,
also i walk to and from work, and take the stairs to my apartment. i try to go for walks when i can.
the weather however has been bad the last couple of days. snow storm one day, and freezing rain
today. hoping the weather gets better soon so i can get out and do my walking again. but even though
my days are all mixed up because of my night shift. but i don't let that stop me from trying to lose
the weight that i want to lose. Anyway, don't give up keep working on it and you will get to where
you want to be it just takes time.

Angie "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> I am gonna criticize you just a bit, hope it doesn't offend you, you sound like I used to ... lots
> of changes in your post. That is good that you
have
> identified things that need to be changed, and working on them is great
too,
> but remember it is NOT all or nothing. I am trying to say don't get
trapped
> by having to be perfect. If you have identified where you need to change then work on the things
> just don't quit if you can't do them all at once, you can read and learn what the best food plan
> is for you and writing down what you eat as you eat it is the best way to figure out what you are
> currently doing and where you need to make changes, again, good luck, Lee Worried21
> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I do need a good diet. I had irregular sleeping pattersn due to funny working times and school
> > times. Regardless today I am starting. No
> smoking,
> > no drinking (apart from JD!), lots of water (no coke). No crisps, no chocolate.
> >
> > I need to try and find out what to eat now for a well balanced diet. I
> know
> > that when i eat properly the weight falls off me, which would be helpful
> to
> > get rid of this fatty belly i have.
> >
> > Obvious stuff is easy, no fatty foods, no fast foods, no sugery drinks
> etc.
> > I guess im safe to stick to salad's, pasta, potatoes, fish ermmmmm and
> other
> > stuff that is common sense that its good to eat!
> >
> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > first of all, what is done is done, so start from where you are and
> don't
> > > punish yourself for the past, it accomplishes not one thing. I am not
> > sure
> > > how long it has been since you have lost your weight but it can take
up
> to
> > > two years to have your skin adjust. My advice to you is to learn how
to
> > eat
> > > properly now so you do not regain the weight and have to go through it
> all
> > > gain. You might want to MAKE yourself take some of that modeling work
> so
> > > you can save in case the skin does not shrink and you have to seek
> medical
> > > alternatives. We all have confidence issues, we all are insecure
> because
> > we
> > > have lost weight and have a different body from what we are used to
and
> we
> > > all get through it eating healthy or we regain, I am pulling for you
to
> > > learn to eat properly and stay thin and get fit, Good luck, Lee Worried21 <[email protected]>
> > > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > > Hi, I've got alot of questions about stuff and these newsgroups look
> to
> > be
> > > > the best place to ask.
> > > >
> > > > Basically the problem is this. (this is a very long post so i
> apologise,
> > i
> > > > tend to ramble on alot)
> > > >
> > > > Im 21 and I weigh 11.5 stone. When i was 11 i weighed 11, at age 12
i
> > was
> > > 12
> > > > etc. this carried on until I was 15 and weighed 15 stone, i stayed
at
> > this
> > > > weight till i was 18/19. I was teased alot at school and i hated my
> > weight
> > > > issue. Especially since girls said i had a really nice face, but my
> body
> > > was
> > > > too fat (kids are cruel!!).
> > > >
> > > > Around 19 years old I had a big breakdown. I was very depressed due
to
> > > lots
> > > > of problems in my life and in my past, one of which being my weight
> > issue.
> > > I
> > > > hardly ate. I had a few 'ryevetas' (cant spell it, u know what i
mean,
> > rye
> > > > crackers) a day and lots of water. thats it. I did this for 4 months
> and
> > > > went from 15 stone to about 10. I thought I looked fat still but my
> > friend
> > > > said i was too thin and u could see my chest too much (i have a bit
of
> a
> > > > pigeon chest so it looked bad). I eventually agreed that at 6 feet
> tall
> > 10
> > > > stone wasnt enough. Regardless I was gloriously happy to have lost
all
> > the
> > > > weight. The reason i thought i was still fat was cause on my stomach
i
> > had
> > > > excess skin, which i presumed to be fat, but its just loose skin.
This
> > > made
> > > > me feel even worse, i cried all the time worrying that I have ruined
> my
> > > > body. My bum is flat, its just saggy skin. It looks like the bum of
a
> 50
> > > y/o
> > > > man, not a 21 y/o. Its just handfulls of skin and it makes me sick.
Im
> > not
> > > > being big headed but im very good looking, i know i am and people
dont
> > > > understand why i have no confidence.
> > > >
> > > > Its hard cause im in drama school and this world is so much about
> looks
> > > and
> > > > looking good, especially in the entertainment business. What hope do
i
> > > have
> > > > of been a good lookin actor guy with this messed up body :-( I know
> alot
> > > of
> > > > you will say its my own fault and I ruined my body, but i know this.
> It
> > > > annoys me cause I see this guy in my class and hes a bit podgy (like
> me
> > > now)
> > > > but his bum is all round and full and id adore to have that, mine is
> > just
> > > > flat and saggy with a crease at the bottom.
> > > >
> > > > So I want to know what to do. Ive been to the gym and built muscle
but
> > > that
> > > > does not clear it away. Should I put weight back on then lose it
> slowly
> > so
> > > > the skin can tighten?? I have been offered modeling work a few times
> but
> > i
> > > > have no confidence, and i know that when they see my upper body ill
be
> > > > laughed at :-(
> > > >
> > > > Reading this i sound vain, i am in a way, but everyone who wants to
> > > improve
> > > > their look is vain in a way. I just want to look like other young
> guys,
> > > not
> > > > a middle aged man.
> > > >
> > > > Thank you for reading this and before you judge me try hard to
> > understand
> > > > how much this worrys me.
> > > >
> > > > Worried guy.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

Well look who 's here... hi Vanessa, how have you been ? Great to see you back!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134.1/100.3/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds NYNY 227.3/220.9/214

"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> GR8 attitude Mette :) From one mother to another ;-) Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current
> 214- Goal 160 to 140)
>
>
> "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... I am 26. I am a woman. I had a baby 5
> years ago and I lost 50 lbs. Now, my loose belly skin will probably always be there. When I
> weighed 97 pounds
it
> was like a little loose bag of skin hanging off my stomach (not to mention the two flat socks with
> a dime in each I was carrying around for breasts). Now I have gained 20 lbs since then I am now at
> 118 and voila: my breast
are
> completely full and my tummy is not loose anymore. On the other hand: my belly is now sticking
> out, I lost my waiste and I can't fit into my pants.
>
> I feel I have the choice between breasts & tight belly skin and being
thin.
> Not an easy choice. I am opting for a middle ground at 108 lbs.
>
> My point is: Since you are a guy and your skin has not strecthed from here to eternity due to
> pregnancy, it will probably bounce back over time - especially if you start building a whole lot
> of muscle. But we must realize that we don't all get to be on the cover of "Sport Illustrated"
> although we are now slim and fit. Because our bodies have
taken
> a toll when we were overweight and it shows. But don't worry - life
shows -
> this is life.
>
> :eek:)
>
> Mette - who hardly notices her saggy skin or stretchmarks anylonger...