Need help finding parts for my Cannondale..

niftyshifty

Aug 19, 2009
Recently bought a 54cm Cannondale SR500 frame with Bontrager carbon headset and Easton carbon fork and seatpost with a Shimano 105 front derailleur....

As you can imagine, I need alot.

An old co-worker of mine has the same bike, 56cm, and is saying he will sell his entire bike with shimano 105 components, integrated shifters, new tires and tubes, etc. for $200.

Wondering if his parts will fit on my bike? I don't see why not, but this will be my first to build myself and I don't want to screw up!

Any help?

I don't see why the parts wouldn't fit on your bike, too.

In fact, sight-unseen, the parts on your old co-worker's bike are worth much more than $200 unless he trashed-or-crashed the bike.

alfeng said:
I don't see why the parts wouldn't fit on your bike, too.

In fact, sight-unseen, the parts on your old co-worker's bike are worth much more than $200 unless he trashed-or-crashed the bike.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Found a Shimano 105 groupo on craigslist for $200....so that's everything but wheels, chain, and seat....

So yeah, this is a much better deal.
Not to mention, if I wanted to, I could sell his frame for a chunk of what I spent on the bike. I wouldn't make a ton off it, its a little scuffed and has a dent in it, but I'd make something back, right?:)

Finally got her all put together!!! She's a bit big, I'm gonna have to get smaller wheels when I can afford it, and the right shifter needs to be cleaned 'cause it's sticking a bit so I'm riding single speed for now bleh. Need a new saddle, maybe some bars with a more agressive drop. But for now, I think she is beautiful, and effin' a I can finally keep up with traffic, and actually pick the damned thing up!

DSC00262.jpg

niftyshifty said:
Finally got her all put together!!! She's a bit big, I'm gonna have to get smaller wheels when I can afford it, and the right shifter needs to be cleaned 'cause it's sticking a bit so I'm riding single speed for now bleh. Need a new saddle, maybe some bars with a more agressive drop. But for now, I think she is beautiful, and effin' a I can finally keep up with traffic, and actually pick the damned thing up!
Just a suggestion ...

You may want to move your shift/brake levers further BACK on the handlebars ...

And, if the reach still feels a bit long, then put a (much) shorter stem on the bike -- it looks like a 130mm stem in the picture ... and, based on the frame size & saddle height, I reckon you might be happier with a 100mm (or, even a 90mm) stem.

The stem I have on there now works perfectly for me. The bontrager stem was way too long, so I traded it with someone because his was too short. Worked out just fine. As far as the levers, they do need to be adjusted, but only to make them even on the bars, not because the reach is bad.