"NEED HELP"OLD RALEIGH BIKE

JIMKITTS

Jul 29, 2005
ONE DAY I WAS COMING HOME AND I FOUND AN OLD LADIES RALEIGH BIKE IT IS BLUE WITH HAND BREAKS AND A BASKET BUT I CANT FIND OUT HOW OLD IT IS.IT IS IN REAL BAD SHAPE BUT IT IS ALL THERE. IF ANYONE CAN HELP, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I CAN BE REACHED HERE OR [email protected]. THAMKS JIM

JIMKITTS said:
ONE DAY I WAS COMING HOME AND I FOUND AN OLD LADIES RALEIGH BIKE IT IS BLUE WITH HAND BREAKS AND A BASKET BUT I CANT FIND OUT HOW OLD IT IS.IT IS IN REAL BAD SHAPE BUT IT IS ALL THERE. IF ANYONE CAN HELP, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I CAN BE REACHED HERE OR [email protected]. THAMKS JIM
Now there is some old lady who can't find her bike.

Does it have a Sturmey-Archer Hub?

Rod brakes?

Side pull?

Center pull?

Clean the hub and see if it has the date and month on it below the Stumry-Archer stamp. Look on both sides, there are two stamps. That may help.

Are you planning on giving her the bike back?

thanks for the info. the little old lady had put it at the trash been and she told me that she was going to redo it but she didnt have that mulch time when i ask her if she knew how old it was she said "its older than dirt.
Ken44 said:
Does it have a Sturmey-Archer Hub?

Rod brakes?

Side pull?

Center pull?

Clean the hub and see if it has the date and month on it below the Stumry-Archer stamp. Look on both sides, there are two stamps. That may help.

Are you planning on giving her the bike back?