Need sizing advice please

warpedlogic

Jul 12, 2012
Hey all. First post here and I'm looking for sizing advice for a GT Traffic 4.0 XL. I'm not sure if it will be slightly too big or not so I was hoping someone with similar experience can help out.

I'm 6'2", have 24" arms measured from middle palm to shoulder, and a 33.80" inseam as measured by the book method. I plan on riding 3 miles each way during the week plus maybe a 10 mile RT on weekends.

The geometry chart is kinda confusing though as I've never read one before. The geometry chart can be found here: http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb208/digifanatic/traffic_mens_geo.gif

Would someone be willing to take a look and let me know what they think? Thanks in advance!

Sporty hybrids and mountain bikes are fitted with a longer top tube to give the rider an athletic stance with a flat handlebar that has no reach, unlike a road bar. I presume your shop recommended the XL frame. I agree with them.

Thanks for the reply. Yes they did. He took one look at me and said the XL should be right, but he didn't have any in stock so he sat me on a Large Fuji Absolute and it fit perfect. Comparing the geometry charts, it seems the guy was dead on with the XL recommendation. Thanks!

IMHO the effective top tube length is the most important dimension. If the bike you tried for size is a good fit, measure the ETT length and compare with the geometry of your new bike. You can adjust a little with a change in stem length, but not alot.