need suggestions on mountain bike, thanks a lot

Crescentius Vespasianus

Guest

> I am so tired. Please do a search on this newsgroup through google and
> type in Walmart or Dicks and see what you get. If fact read the posts
> from one week ago and you'll see the answer. That is unless you are the
> same person and just trolling for thrills.

-----------------
super.........fly........

> For a new mountain bike, the low-end entry level bike (Specialized
> Rockhopper is one) will cost around $500. You should buy a bike from a
> reputable bicycle shop, where they sell items
> more commonly called Bicycle Shaped Toys. See if you can find a
> Rockhopper, Giant Yukon, Kona Cinder Cone, or even a ~two thumbs up~ Gary
> Fisher on Craigslist.

---------------
that bike in front of you is a
super......flyyyyy..........

I want a reliable mountain bike, and the walmart ones seems not so
reliable.

Then I tried to find bikes on internet
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...a+bike&parentPage=search&searchId=21365576134

how about this columbia bike? is this brand good? The bike is made
from aluminum so I think it is good. Plus shipping is 170$, is this a
good deal?

how about another bike schiwin mountain ridger 119.99 in target? is
this brand good?

And what is your suggestions that where should I buy a bike.

Thanks a lot

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

I am not the same person, and I tried to use bike deal. bike selection
and read some posts.
But I dont think I get enough infomation. I can't find any information
of the two bike I mentioned.

Can you plz give me some advice? Thanks a lot

fAnSKyer wrote:
> I am not the same person, and I tried to use bike deal. bike selection
> and read some posts.
> But I dont think I get enough infomation. I can't find any information
> of the two bike I mentioned.
>
> Can you plz give me some advice? Thanks a lot

Any bike you buy from a big box store (i.e. Target, Wal-Mart, Dicks,
Sports Authority, etc.) is going to be JUNK. If you ware going to do
any actual mountain biking, you will very very disappointed with the
performance.

For a new mountain bike, the low-end entry level bike (Specialized
Rockhopper is one) will cost around $500. You should buy a bike from a
reputable bicycle shop. They will take the time to put you on the best
bike you can afford and that fits you comfortably.

You are in Columbia, Missouri if my lookup is current. It is a college
town. Most college towns have at least a couple of good bicycle shops.

If the $500 is out of your price range, then your next best place is
used. Even a used good mountain bike is better than a big box bike (or
more commonly called Bicycle Shaped Toys). See if you can find a
Rockhopper, Giant Yukon, Kona Cinder Cone, or even a ~Shudder~ Gary
Fisher on Craigslist.

If the bike says Mongoose, Schwinn (unless it's 10 years old), Huffy,
Next, Jeep, Columbia (they make clothing and tents - not bikes), then RUN!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Thanks a lot.
I just get back from a bike shop and the bikes are pretty expensive
and a bike priced over 300 will have a high possibility to be
stolened. I found a Trek 3000 priced 269 and it is cheapest in that
shop. I am now looking for used bikes or the 269 one.

Thanks again for your advice. : )

On Aug 10, 2:01 pm, Ride-A-Lot <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
> fAnSKyer wrote:
> > I am not the same person, and I tried to usebikedeal.bikeselection
> > and read some posts.
> > But I dont think I get enough infomation. I can't find any information
> > of the twobikeI mentioned.

> > Can you plz give me some advice? Thanks a lot

> Anybikeyou buy from a big box store (i.e. Target, Wal-Mart, Dicks,
> Sports Authority, etc.) is going to be JUNK. If you ware going to do
> any actual mountain biking, you will very very disappointed with the
> performance.
>
> For a new mountainbike, the low-end entry levelbike(Specialized
> Rockhopper is one) will cost around $500. You should buy abikefrom a
> reputable bicycle shop. They will take the time to put you on the bestbikeyou can afford and that fits you comfortably.
>
> You are in Columbia, Missouri if my lookup is current. It is a college
> town. Most college towns have at least a couple of good bicycle shops.
>
> If the $500 is out of your price range, then your next best place is
> used. Even a used good mountainbikeis better than a big boxbike(or
> more commonly called Bicycle Shaped Toys). See if you can find a
> Rockhopper, Giant Yukon, Kona Cinder Cone, or even a ~Shudder~ Gary
> Fisher on Craigslist.
>
> If thebikesays Mongoose, Schwinn (unless it's 10 years old), Huffy,
> Next, Jeep, Columbia (they make clothing and tents - not bikes), then RUN!
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

>I want a reliable mountain bike, and the walmart ones seems not so
> reliable.
>
> Then I tried to find bikes on internet
> http://www.****.com/product/index.j...a+bike&parentPage=search&searchId=21365576134
>
> how about this columbia bike? is this brand good? The bike is made
> from aluminum so I think it is good. Plus shipping is 170$, is this a
> good deal?
>
> how about another bike schiwin mountain ridger 119.99 in target? is
> this brand good?
>
> And what is your suggestions that where should I buy a bike.

I think the first question should be:
What ya need it for???

The link pointing @ dicks is ****, only usefull if you got a death-wish. I
would NEVER drive downhill on a bike like that (and could never drive
uphill...).