Need suggestions on seatpost.

Frinton

Jul 2, 2005
I need a 35mm offset seatpost in aluminum and preferably black. Any suggestions? I ordered a FSA SL-220 from a place and they just got back to me after 5 days saying they don't have it. I really need a post with this offset. Thanks.

Frinton said:
I need a 35mm offset seatpost in aluminum and preferably black. Any suggestions? I ordered a FSA SL-220 from a place and they just got back to me after 5 days saying they don't have it. I really need a post with this offset. Thanks.

stupid question, but.... 35mm post or offset? For an older bike?

rwinthenorth said:
stupid question, but.... 35mm post or offset? For an older bike?
35 offset. I was using a Thomson layback that has 16mm of setback, but switched to a Brooks Team Professional saddle after trying 50 different saddles. The only problem is the rails are short on the Brooks, so I need a different seatpost.

Frinton said:
35 offset. I was using a Thomson layback that has 16mm of setback, but switched to a Brooks Team Professional saddle after trying 50 different saddles. The only problem is the rails are short on the Brooks, so I need a different seatpost.

I need a straight post. Need to get rid of my offset one. The offset is 1" back of post to center of clamp. Sorry for the impericall measure. Brand? Long since wiped off but only a year old and works fine. I just keep pulling myself on to the horn (ouch). Oh yeah, it is AL and black.

rwinthenorth said:
I need a straight post. Need to get rid of my offset one. The offset is 1" back of post to center of clamp. Sorry for the impericall measure. Brand? Long since wiped off but only a year old and works fine. I just keep pulling myself on to the horn (ouch). Oh yeah, it is AL and black.
What brand and model is it?

Frinton said:
What brand and model is it?

Even though I can't find it online anywhere, it's stamped Bianchi as far as I can read it. Model? Sorry can't be of more help.

rwinthenorth said:
If you want a good straight post, get a KCNC ti pro lite. that's what I'm putting on mine and the quality is excellent. A friend also uses one and says it gives up nothing in stiffness.

Also, If you need a seatpost with alot of setback in 31.8mm diameter, I am about to have a spare Easton EA50 setback post.

Frinton said:
I wouldent accept that the shop doesent have the seat post. Infact i have had this kind of thing happen befor, and i found that getting realy angry often gives the shops the motivation to order it. They dont want to of course because they don't make as much profit as they do when they bulk order. a letter to fsa might help too. But if your not like me and don't want to make trouble then the easton seat posts are a good idea, there cheap, they come in the offset you want and there are normally heaps on ebay. If you want quality i would suggest Thompson elite but there expensive.

bobbyOCR said:
If you want a good straight post, get a KCNC ti pro lite. that's what I'm putting on mine and the quality is excellent. A friend also uses one and says it gives up nothing in stiffness.

Also, If you need a seatpost with alot of setback in 31.8mm diameter, I am about to have a spare Easton EA50 setback post.

Thanks for the suggestion. Ti is more then I want to spend. I don't race, just train hard. AL is fine. Anyone have comments on Thomsons?

rwinthenorth said:
Thanks for the suggestion. Ti is more then I want to spend. I don't race, just train hard. AL is fine. Anyone have comments on Thomsons?
Its cheaper than a thomson. About $80 USD

rwinthenorth said:
I have a Thomson. It is the last seatpost you will ever buy. Get one.

I have been through all this too. I bought an Oval Concepts Aergo, which has up to 50mm of set-back. Around US$99 in Al, double in carbon.

rwinthenorth said:
Thompson distrustive test all seat posts on the market and then make sure that theres is the strongest. i believe that they make the best seat post. they also make the biggest variety of sizes.

Insaneclimber said:
Thompson distrustive test all seat posts on the market and then make sure that theres is the strongest. i believe that they make the best seat post. they also make the biggest variety of sizes.

All good info. Thanks. Frinton, did you ever find your 35mm post? It looks like I might have diverted the group from the original question....