new clipless pedal follow-up.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Azqaz, May 23, 2003.

  1. Azqaz

    Azqaz Guest

    Well, the egg beaters allow me to ride several MPH faster. This meant I got to wipe out at 18 MPH
    while going around a corner and hitting some loose dirt on the road. OUCH. :) I am going to have one
    serious bruise on my right thigh and buttock. Secondly, I really like the way I feel connected to
    the bike when clipped in, and have always remembered to unclip, but it was a close thing once or
    twice. Well, off to get some more ice and plan a nice long ride for Sunday if the leg is up to it.

    Thanks Bryan

    > Well, the egg beaters allow me to ride several MPH faster. This meant I got to wipe out at 18 MPH
    > while going around a corner and hitting some loose dirt on the road. OUCH. :) I am going to have
    > one serious bruise on my right thigh and buttock. Secondly, I really like the way I feel
    > connected to the bike when clipped in, and have always remembered to unclip, but it was a close
    > thing once or twice. Well, off to get some more ice and plan a nice long ride for Sunday if the
    > leg is up to it.

    Why wait to Sunday? Ride through it...

    Once on a Saturday AM ride with the gang, I dropped my front wheel and trashed my fork and skidded
    across Richmond Ave. on my butt. That bike was DOA for the day. I called a taxi for the 7 mile ride
    back home. Got on my other bent and headed out the Saturday loop in Reverse meeting up with the lead
    group somewhere near the half way point. I think if I stayed off the bike, I would have been too
    stiff to walk the next week.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Azqaz

    Azqaz Guest

    Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Well, the egg beaters allow me to ride several MPH faster. This meant I got to wipe out at 18
    > > MPH while going around a corner and hitting some loose dirt on the road. OUCH. :) I am going to
    > > have one serious bruise on my right thigh and buttock. Secondly, I really like the way I feel
    > > connected to the bike when clipped in, and have always remembered to unclip, but it was a close
    > > thing once or twice. Well, off to get some more ice and plan a nice long ride for Sunday if the
    > > leg is up to it.
    >
    > Why wait to Sunday? Ride through it...
    >
    > Once on a Saturday AM ride with the gang, I dropped my front wheel and trashed my fork and skidded
    > across Richmond Ave. on my butt. That bike was DOA for the day. I called a taxi for the 7 mile
    > ride back home. Got on my other bent and headed out the Saturday loop in Reverse meeting up with
    > the lead group somewhere near the half way point. I think if I stayed off the bike, I would have
    > been too stiff to walk the next week.

    Well between the ice and the streching last night it's not as bad as I was expecting. It is turning
    purple and is very painful when touched, but there isn't a whole lot of pain when using it, so I
    will be doing my usual excercising ride here on saturday, and a nice long family ride sunday.

    Bryan