New FUJI Roubaix 2.0 with mix components @ 800$ Is it worth it?

abhishekghai

Mar 13, 2013
Hi All,

I am getting a deal for FUJI Roubaix 2.0 with mix components @ 800$. Its a new bike with the following components:

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]FUJI Roubaix 2.0 Frame and Fork[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Shimano 2300 Shifter[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Shimano Sora FD and RD[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]FSA Crank set[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]NOVOTEC hub.[/COLOR]
Sealed bearing good wheels from Bianchi bike.

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Not sure if this is a good deal to grab or not. Also, as this is a white color frame so this may be a 2010 model or 2011 model. Please advice.[/COLOR]

Whether or not the particular bike may be worth $800, if you live in the lower-48 AND you are planning on spending ~$800, then 'I' think that you may want to consider a different bike ...

Regardless, I suppose that the critical question which needs to be answered is whether or not the frame is the right size for YOU ...

BTW. Just off hand, if the bike is from 2010-or-2011 then for $800 'I' would expect a ''NOS' bike to have Shimano 105 components.

BTW. I believe that the particular FUJI Roubaix 2.0 frame may be a 2012 ([COLOR= #ff8c00]that's almost two years old, BTW, since next year's model [i.e., 2014] are essentially available no later than September of the current calendar year [i.e., 2013][/COLOR]) ...

However, I also believe that the bike was originally shipped-from-the-factory with an assortment of the fore mentioned [COLOR= #0000ff]SHIMANO 105 [/COLOR]components which were apparently displaced by a hodge-podge of castoffs from other bikes ...

So, while the seller may feel that s/he has priced the bike fairly at $800 ([COLOR= #808080]and, who's to say that isn't the case?[/COLOR]), I feel that a lower price ([COLOR= #006400]$650-$700[/COLOR]) would be more fair for you, the buyer, and still fair-enough for the seller ...

FYI. If the bike, as depicted, is how it would be set up for YOU, then you should know that the differential between the top of the saddle & the stem-and-handlebars is a bit aggresive for a newbie ... and, most non-competitive riders prefer the stem-and-handlebars to be a couple of centimeters higher ([COLOR= #ff0000]as in, you may really need to consider a slightly larger frame[/COLOR]) ...

• Of course, if your height is close to 5'7" & the seat will eventually be positioned lower, then the fit is probably going to be "okay" for you ...

• But, IMO, if you are 5'9"-or-taller then the odds are that it really is not the best size frame for you.

FYI2. I cannot imagine that it would be difficult for you to get a NOS bike from BIKESDIRECT.COM and/or eBay ([COLOR= #808080]just to name two of the many available online sources[/COLOR]) with 105 components for $800 ...

Also, if you don't already know, PERFORMANCE BICYCLE is a huge seller of FUJI bikes ... NOS bikes tends to be deeply discounted by Performance & many other high volume sellers ... I mean, REALLY deeply discounted ...

• so, even if you have your mind-and-heart set on a Fuji, I think that you should walk away from the current offering from your LBS & spend a little time looking for an alternative deal.

offer 700 usd. yes and double check size, how tall are you ?

@ (alfeng & vspa): Thanks for your valuable advice. That's exactly what I was looking for..
I will offer him 600 USD and then hope to get the deal... will update here :)

BTW- I am 5.8 so specs may be fine for me.. just need a little adjustment hopefully

2300 shifters would mean 8 speed gearing, no? Despite the Sora RD and FD.

I agree with alfeng. Sounds like a frankenbike assembled from a shop mix of components. I think you could get yourself a new (2013) 2300 bike for under $700, and start saving for better wheels. For $800 you can get 2013 Sora, or if it's a 2012, NOS Tiagra.