New to biking

treker88

Jul 30, 2005
Hi i just recently bought a trek 1500 and want to get into racing. I was just wondering if there are any books or sites or other threads that would give me all the info I need. Im in illinois and under 18 if that matters. Ive had the bike for a week and have ridden 20 miles-ish every day on a paved trail. I would really appreciate any feedback thanks.

You are new to biking... and you just bought yourself a Treck 1500? Consider yourself lucky. Wish I had that kind of money readily available.

This site is actually a wonderful resource. You can ask just about anything and it'll get answered.

I'm a "under 18" rider myself, (17). I ride 50 miles everyday and I'm saving for a treck 1500 right now. Good stuf. Cycling is a blast, just be carefull. It's extremely addictive.

Peace

well actuly it was on sale for 799 so i just lucked out. i was just curious where i could take myself in the sport. different races and training and stuff. I really prefer a book or webpage to searching through a thousand thread so i was just really wondering if you guys knew of any good sites/books. just basics and training and stuff. Thanks

edit: I wish i could ride 50 miles but the only place i have to ride is the paved trail by my house thats 19.9 miles and i cant take the monotony of the same trail over and over.

also i was looking to get a cyclometer/HRM unit and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

and i myself am 17

and the money i did save was from working at a water treatment plant so i figured i deserved it

treker88 said:
anything??
Check with you Local Bike Shop (LBS). They often organize local rides. You'll have a chance to meet local riders and see how good/bad you are. They would also be a good source of info. regarding races, categories, etc.