New to Kensington/Ascot Vale, need advice on where to cycle

Claes

Jul 5, 2004
Hi. I have just moved to Kensington/Ascot Vale and I am a bit lost in terms of where to go for some excersice on my roadbike.
I know of beach road, but it is a pain going through town to get there.
Any spins north,west or east of Kensington worth going for?
I am looking for 20-100 k rides I guess. Mainly it is for week rides, morning or evening, 1.5 hour rides and such.
I would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

Claes said:
Hi. I have just moved to Kensington/Ascot Vale and I am a bit lost in terms of where to go for some excersice on my roadbike.
I am looking for 20-100 k rides I guess. Mainly it is for week rides, morning or evening, 1.5 hour rides and such.

Cheers.

For starters, there's a new-ish Bicycle User Group in the area you may want to hook up with: Maribyrnong BUG <[email protected]>

Other local clubs: Footscray Cycling Club

Ok, a bit further out in Melton & Sunbury, check news link for road stuff;100% Cycles

Sunbury & Hume Districts Cycling Club Inc.

Claes said:

Cheers.

well , you should be warm by the time you arrive for the start of the BR(x) rides :D :D :D

Going through Docklands can avoid the city for the Beach Rd run.
I don't ride road bikes so I'm not sure what great roadie roads are out that way.
You could head out to Werribee/ You Yangs (100kms ride), or maybe north to Whittlesea. Just have to negoticate some traffic heavy roads to get there I suppose.
Kensington is almost at the hug of the bike path network in Melb, can connect you to any other bike path in Melb, pretty much, but not sure if bike paths are

flyingdutch said:
well , you should be warm by the time you arrive for the start of the BR(x) rides :D :D :D
Ha ha, I will have something like 30 k to the start now, means I will be doing 120 K on sunday mornings. Fekk, I need to bring a picknic basket with me to survive. :)