New to list ,Test

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by J. Morris, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. J. Morris

    J. Morris Guest

    Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little off. Well may just be me.

    Tags:

  2. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Supernews.com? A commercial service? What do you see that 'seems a little off'? Try news.cis.dfn.de,
    free, fast and foreign.

    Supernews' RTT looks to be 200 mSec, 220 mSec, 250 mSec (min, mean, max) and not a lot better than
    dfn.de that is free.

    "J. Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little
    off.
    > Well may just be me.

  3. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    "J. Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little off. Well may just be me.

    Welcome, J. It is a fun and informative list. Oh yeah, you can ignore Doug most of the time;
    resident curmugeon; not-enough-fiber sort of a fellow. Don't know him personally...just judging what
    I read from this imperfect medium. dj.

  4. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    3n.net says...
    > "J. Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little off. Well may just
    > > be me.
    >
    > Welcome, J. It is a fun and informative list. Oh yeah, you can ignore Doug most of the time;
    > resident curmugeon;

    Except this time. He is on target about news.cis.dfn.de

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. John Foltz

    John Foltz Guest

    J. Morris wrote:
    > Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out ...

    After you've been here a while, you'll realize that sending a test is a mistake. Gives the loonies
    free license to respond to all those messages from the Mothership.