New trails in Laggan, Highland, Scotland

DanceswithVoles

Oct 15, 2004
Hi ,
I've been active in cycle lobbying in Scotland for some time. Ironically, really high quality trails are cropping up all over Scotland now except in my part, Highland Perthshire. Some help would be appreciated with encouraging Forest Enterprise, Perth and KInross Council and Scottish Enterprise Tayside to locate resources to develop the area, it has such potential. Especially since we have the Sustrans route threading through, incredible informal routes and probably the best cycle shop in the UK, Escape Route in Pitlochry. The latest trail to open up is less than an hour from me at Laggan. I'm heading up there next week and would welcome any views from riders who've tried it out. I was down sampling the Dalbeattie section of the Seven Stanes last week and it was absolutely brilliant fun. Well done the people who produced it.
Yours in cycling,
Dances with Voles:)

Julian Radowsky said:
Fantastic, trails in Laggan, my wife would kill to visit 'Glenbogle'
Yes Julian, the trails are in Glen Bogle (MotGlen is filmed at Adverikie House on Loch Laggan) and the scenery is, even by Scottish standards, quite breathtaking. My wife and children are big fans and have met Duncan. He was exceptionally nice and very patient with his fans.
I've just spent a couple of days with one of your countrymen discussing the restoration of wetlands in ZA. My friend and neighbour is actually out on the Cape birdwatching as I type, it's a small world.
Best wishes,
DanceswithVoles:)