New Unicycle Design commissioned !

Ottawa Dave wrote:
> I have seen a recumbant bike that you crank with your arms on the bike
> path near my home. The cranks work like a uni with both cranks faceing
> the ground. I think thats called kangaroo when used on a uni.

Are you sure it wasn't a trike? Hand-cranked cycles are usually made
for people who don't have use of their legs, so the rider needs to be
able to stop without having to put his feet down. So they're usually
strikes. I know of one company that makes hand-cranked bikes (with
outriggers), but I've never actually seen one:
<URL:http://www.mobilityeng.com/>

I've seen quite a few hand-cranked strikes at BHPC events [1].

Or maybe a rowingbike: <URL:http://www.rowingbike.com/main.php>

[1] British Human Power Club: <URL:http://www.bhpc.org.uk/>

I wrote:
> So they're usually strikes.

<snip>
> I've seen quite a few hand-cranked strikes at BHPC events

Well, actually I didn't. I wrote "trikes". Damn this spellchecker - I
thought I'd clicked "Add", not "Replace".

Guy Hansen has a couple of dedicated hand-cranked unicycles. On these
unicycles he has replaced the standard pedals with more hand-friendly
cylindrical handles. These cylindrical handles rotate on their 'pedal'
axles, just as standard pedals do.

The handles I've seen on hand-cranked trikes have been T-shaped.

--
TonyMelton - Skinny butt

Read the latest online issue of
''One Track Mind'' (http://tinyurl.com/6mm9r), Unicycle.com NZ's
eNewsletter!
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

See attached jpeg for the design of the hand driven unicycle.

Have paid the deposit now awaiting for delivery.

Regards,

JJ

| Attachment filename: hand driven giraffe 2.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/268846|