Next Power Climber 26-inch Dual-Suspension Bike

Parzival

Aug 30, 2003
Im looking for information about this bike. Im looking for a cheap bike to get back into mtn biking with and at just under $75 at walmart, Id like to know just what im getting.

0008787656607_500X500.jpg

Its all I can afford at the moment so its this or nothing. I understand it wont be the greatest quality bike but I would rather at least have the oppurtunity to do some riding rather then sit on my hands.

So anything you can tell me about this bike would be appreciated.

Thanks

I agree for the most part. I own a similar bike, made by the same people but called something else..almost has the same frame, but came with a little better running gear.

It will work, but you will end up doing a lot of replacing and tuning on it. The running gear will cause you problems, as will the hubs and bearings. The suspension works, but it is nothing compared to "real" MTB suspension. The wheels are kind of flimsy, and are hard to keep true.

If your going cheap I would keep shopping until you find a similar bike that comes with some better components. For $150 you can get almost the same thing with decent running gear and brakes. I'd go that route myself, it sucks having to tune the bike after each ride which will happen if you buy something with el-cheapo parts on it.

Also if you do buy it or one like it, go through it like you had to build it yourself and make sure everything is tight and put together correct. You'd be surprised how wrong stuff can be.

Thank you psycho. Sage advice. If money is the primary concern here, and it sounds as though it is, then forget dual suspension and forget new. Used, used, used. You can find good deals on ebay or sometimes at places like "Play it again Sports." Sometimes at a LBS you can find a decent used bike for a couple hundred and you should be able to trust it's at least built correctly. Please stay away from the "Mega-store" bikes if you are planning on doing any off-road riding. They end up being unsafe. Take care and have fun.

K.

Originally posted by Parzival
Im looking for information about this bike. Im looking for a cheap bike to get back into mtn biking with and at just under $75 at walmart, Id like to know just what im getting.

0008787656607_500X500.jpg

Its all I can afford at the moment so its this or nothing. I understand it wont be the greatest quality bike but I would rather at least have the oppurtunity to do some riding rather then sit on my hands.

So anything you can tell me about this bike would be appreciated.

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't reccomend it for mountain biking. I would reccomend you to either save up and spend on a tad better bike, or buy a used bike from the classified. A used low end mountain bike might be better, even if it doesn't have a rear suspension.

The next bike, on a trail, woudl get thrashed pretty fast.