nice deal on a V2 (not mine)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rich Westerman, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Just saw this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623892592&category=7298
    Lots of extra goodies for not much dough. The hydraulic brakes might make me pause, though.

    --
    rich '01 V2/XL

    "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its
    superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never
    do." Samuel P. Huntington, Harvard Professor and author.

    Tags:

  2. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

  3. > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623892592&category= 7298

    > Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes available. High dollar too I
    > imagine. Wondering about the color?

    nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently seen some cautionary posts
    here regarding them. btw, is that a stock RANS color?

    rich V2

  4. Not a stock color...unless I missed seeing that color/

    It says the bent was build up from a frameset.

    Mark Power @ Power-On Cycling was selling NEW pre-2003 V2 Framesets for $850.00 a few months
    ago...this may have been one of them. Even if it was a $850.00 frameset...the toys added to that V2
    would easily put it over $1500.00 completed.
    ***************************************
    "rich westerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623892592&category=
    > > > 7298
    > >
    > > Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes available. High dollar too
    > > I imagine. Wondering about the color?
    >

    > nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently
    seen
    > some cautionary posts here regarding them. btw, is that a stock RANS color?
    >
    > rich V2

  5. Harryo

    Harryo Guest

    "rich westerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently seen some cautionary posts
    > here regarding them. btw, is that a stock RANS color?

    I am not sure what the cautions are that you heard about hydraulic brakes but I will tell you that
    the Magura Louise brakes, which I have used for the past 2 1/2 years, are the most trouble free,
    best performing brakes that I have ever used. If you are referring to a line rupture, it just
    doesn't happen and I would be willing to bet that it is less likely to happen than a cable failure.

    Harry Jiles

  6. Skip

    Skip Guest

    > Not a stock color...unless I missed seeing that color/
    >
    > It says the bent was build up from a frameset.
    >
    > Mark Power @ Power-On Cycling was selling NEW pre-2003 V2 Framesets for $850.00 a few months
    > ago...this may have been one of them. Even if it was a $850.00 frameset...the toys added to that
    > V2 would easily put it over $1500.00 completed.
    > ***************************************

    The bike was a steal at $950. Somebody got a real deal.

    skip

  7. Mike Nelson

    Mike Nelson Guest

    "rich westerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    >"the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its
    >superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never
    >do." Samuel P. Huntington, Harvard Professor and author.

    What a load of crap! Is this guy seriously trying to say "the West" is morally inferior to, what,
    such peace-loving non-westerners as Pol Pot, Ghengis Khan, Momar Khadaffi, Emperor Hirohito, Kim
    Jong-il, Yassar Arafat?

    Is it now the norm to be a celebrated professor at a major university and be an absolute idiot?

    M. Nelson

  8. On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:24:19 -0500, MLB <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"rich westerman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623892592&category= 7298
    >
    >Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes available. High dollar too
    >I imagine.

    Hey, this is an auction. The price will go up from "great deal" to "reasonable" in no time. (And
    sometimes higher...)

    Anyway I've never seen a disc-brake equipped V2. If one wanted to do a similar modification, what's
    the best method? Would one need to get the mounts brazed to the frame by a frame builder, or are
    there other options?

    Ken

  9. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    "rich westerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Lots of extra goodies for not much dough. The hydraulic brakes might make me pause, though.

    Something to think about. Yes its a deal.Disks are nice But?? I have to throw this out to everyone.
    Installing disk brake mounts can be very tricky. I would want to know who did the convert. I also
    would want to personally inspect the mount job plus spin the wheels to check for rotor drag/caliper
    alignment then take a ride. Since this bike has a custom paint job and the welding/braze mods I
    would be cautious

  10. I may be thinking of another bent I saw recently, but didn't the RANS V2 ebay description say that
    the welder messed up the mounts??...I assume this meant either the seat or disc mounts since
    everything else bolts on.
    news:[email protected]...