No more politics!!!

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
Enough - sheesh!

Every day I log onto cyclingforums to have a look around and every day someone else has 'cut and pasted' a new anti whoever political posting.

Why here? As far as I know no-one has ever changed anyone else's opinion on an internet site. Mostly we just end up insuting each other anyway.

Cycling is a niche sport - why not try posting where you'll get a wider audience?

The soap box is fun to whinge on but for fooks sake harping on about the same thing day in and day isn't healthy for you and certainly isn't any fun for anyone else.

One day at a time people - just like alcohol you too can probably get over the political self induced stress....

Let's go and ride bicycles!

Eldron said:
Enough - sheesh!

Every day I log onto cyclingforums to have a look around and every day someone else has 'cut and pasted' a new anti whoever political posting.

Why here? As far as I know no-one has ever changed anyone else's opinion on an internet site. Mostly we just end up insuting each other anyway.

Cycling is a niche sport - why not try posting where you'll get a wider audience?

The soap box is fun to whinge on but for fooks sake harping on about the same thing day in and day isn't healthy for you and certainly isn't any fun for anyone else.

One day at a time people - just like alcohol you too can probably get over the political self induced stress....

I agree! Let's get drunk and go ride. Sorry couldn't resist, just kidding.

I do agree.I personally would much rather talk about cycling and or sex.

Eldron said:
Enough - sheesh!

I hope you're not posting this in response to hypnspins last couple of new threads. Even though I don't agree politically with him, at least he doesn't cut and paste the entire article. I give him much credit for just providing a link to read it if we chose to do so.

Eldron said:
Enough - sheesh!

Don't read the Bloody Soapbox threads and you'll find less politics.

Colorado Ryder said:
I hope you're not posting this in response to hypnspins last couple of new threads. Even though I don't agree politically with him, at least he doesn't cut and paste the entire article. I give him much credit for just providing a link to read it if we chose to do so.

My post wasn't aimed at anyone specifically - just tired of going to a cycling website only to be saturated with politics.....

This request just in time so that Eldron and the usual suspects don't have to face the meltdown of their heroes - the "Republicans" - and the public humiliation that goes with being a Bush/Neo Con supporter.

How convenient!

Nice try Eld, but your ilk has earned a good bloody rake over the coals for cheering on this criminal, traitorous, disgusting junta called the Bush White House & Republican-controlled Congress.

All I can say is that if you weren't so stupidly, blindly partisan, perhaps we wouldn't be where we are today.

But now comes the time for you all to eat the sh!t sandwiches that you've helped to make for the past 4 years and 9 months.

C'mon all ye cowardly war-mongers, spineless shills, and mindless Sheep! Jump right in there and have a bite. Bon appetit!

MountainPro said:
that stage is all yours big man, knock yourself out..

I am going to an early costume party this Saturday dressed as a pimp. I am looking forward to recruiting some new "Ho's" for my stable.
I will post some photos if they are appropriate.
My Sunday ride is going to hurt I am certain.

PS: Yes I had to buy the costume, and it is not part of my everyday wardrobe.

jhuskey said:
I am going to an early costume party this Saturday dressed as a pimp. I am looking forward to recruiting some new "Ho's" for my stable.
well, keep you hands off zapper, that ***** is already owned..

jhuskey said:
Just put on a Rumsfeld mask. That ought to do ya.

[QUOTE=Eldron]My post wasn't aimed at anyone specifically - just tired of going to a cycling website only to be saturated with politics.....[/QUOTE]I agree, the first thing that caught my eye when I first joined was some liberal tripe which included a link to a website featuring the democratic operative “Cindy Sheehan.” If you look at most of the threads started within the “soapbox” you will find that most are some sort of “pot shot” aimed at President Bush or Conservatives in general.

I have gleaned thru the other sections of the site and have found some useful information but it seems that there are many Anti-Bush and Anti-Lance A. members reside here…

Cannibal2 said:
it seems that there are many Anti-Bush and Anti-Lance A. members reside here…

oh shut up, not everyone who hates bush hates armstrong...you didnt manage to 'glean' that much.

MountainPro said:
oh shut up, not everyone who hates bush hates armstrong...you didnt manage to 'glean' that much.
Which one do you admire most President Bush or Lance Armstrong?

MountainPro said:
:confused: ... silly question for a cycling forum....i am suspicious...who are you?
"Originally Posted by MountainPro
oh shut up, not everyone who hates bush hates armstrong...you didnt manage to 'glean' that much."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

MountainPro said:
:confused: ... silly question for a cycling forum....i am suspicious...who are you?
You tell me to shut up yet you donot answer a simple question. Perhaps you are capable of providing an answer?