UK and Europe · Public discussion

No receipt returns

Started by elyob · · Last activity · 68 posts · 1,423 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
12 July 2006
Last activity
16 July 2006
Original author
elyob
Posts
68
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,423
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–68 of 68
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. elyob said:


    It's more expensive to go to court than the cost of the rack. But I am doing
    this to prove a point against *v*ns. I hate doing this as well 🙁


    It's not expensive if you win.

    On the other hand, it will cost Evans for the time of their
    representative, and production of any evidence to deny your claim. They
    can't claim any of this back from you.

    There is provision in the system for action against vexatious litigants
    though.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>

    dkahn400 said:
    Rob Morley said:

    It's certainly possible that the way it was fitted has contributed to
    the failure - the top mounting doesn't look anything like rigid to me,
    and movement there would cause additional stress.

    It's one reason why I suggested that Elyob might want to take a look at
    my rack, supplied and fitted by Evans themselves. The arrangement is
    very similar.


    If they'd done a job like that on my bike they wouldn't have been paid.

  3. In article <[email hidden]>

    elyob said:


    "Rob Morley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's certainly possible that the way it was fitted has contributed to
    the failure - the top mounting doesn't look anything like rigid to me,
    and movement there would cause additional stress. It's also possible
    that the failure would have occurred anyway, of course, as the load
    exerted by panniers on the dogleg stay stresses the weld in a way likely
    to cause early fatigue failure - joint construction that would be
    adequate for a straight-legged rack may well not suffice with this
    design.

    It's never moved, I think that's rigid enough!

    I'd be suprised - it's more likely that it does move, but returns to
    rest in the same position. Were the stainless straps that contorted
    when you originally fitted them? Although I can't quite make out the
    bracketry at the seat stays it certainly looks as if it would allow more
    movement than is healthy.

    Quoted message said:

    THe first weld went in 5
    minutes with weight on it, the second after 400 miles and 10 days of
    touring. If it was due to ill fitting, surely the second weld (same place,
    opposite side) would have gone as immediately as the first? Surely the extra
    stresses would have brought this to light far quicker.

    If it failed that quickly it's most likely a bad weld - the fact that
    the second one didn't fail sooner does suggest that if they'd both been
    as good as the second then the failure wouldn't have occurred.

    Quoted message said:


    I'm also still amazed that he didn't mention *to me* that it was ill-fitted
    when I was in the shop. Smells fishy to me, it's as if this is a "get out
    clause" they use when someone threatens court action.


    It sound as if this particular manager realises that he shouldn't have
    acted in the way he did, and is starting to squirm.

  4. Mickle said:

    Gary Smith and his side kick Mike Rice are both [censored]. Rice made
    sexual advances to a former (lesbian!) employee and then made her
    life hell when she rejected his creepy 'advances'.

    I know its a stereotype and all, but....

    What is it about being a cycle mechanic that attracts lesbians?

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

    Love this:
    Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
    http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    --
    Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service
    ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com<<<<<<------
    Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

  5. AndyMorris said:
    Mickle said:

    Gary Smith and his side kick Mike Rice are both [censored]. Rice made
    sexual advances to a former (lesbian!) employee and then made her
    life hell when she rejected his creepy 'advances'.

    I know its a stereotype and all, but....

    What is it about being a cycle mechanic that attracts lesbians?

    She was the manager.

  6. "AndyMorris" <[email hidden]>typed

    Quoted message said:
    Mickle said:

    Gary Smith and his side kick Mike Rice are both [censored]. Rice made
    sexual advances to a former (lesbian!) employee and then made her
    life hell when she rejected his creepy 'advances'.

    Quoted message said:

    I know its a stereotype and all, but....

    Quoted message said:

    What is it about being a cycle mechanic that attracts lesbians?

    Dunno.

    I am at least partly responsible for the one with whom you worked ;-)

    Het of hedgware

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email hidden]
    Edgware.

  7. Helen Deborah Vecht said:


    I am at least partly responsible for the one with whom you worked ;-)

    Het of hedgware

    I am intrigued. I miss her.

  8. Helen Deborah Vecht said:

    "AndyMorris" <[email hidden]>typed

    Quoted message said:
    Mickle said:

    Gary Smith and his side kick Mike Rice are both [censored]. Rice made
    sexual advances to a former (lesbian!) employee and then made her
    life hell when she rejected his creepy 'advances'.

    Quoted message said:

    I know its a stereotype and all, but....

    Quoted message said:

    What is it about being a cycle mechanic that attracts lesbians?

    Dunno.

    I am at least partly responsible for the one with whom you worked ;-)

    Het of hedgware

    Which? There were so many

    Probably best not discussed further in public.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

    Love this:
    Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
    http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    --
    Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service
    ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com<<<<<<------
    Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.