not completely sucky

Penny S

Guest
OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews. Much better!! Next Monday we're
going to do some threshold training for those that are interested.

I know, back away from the spin bike....

Penny

Penny S wrote:

> OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews. Much better!! Next Monday
> we're going to do some threshold training for those that are interested.

Today it was Chris deBurgh, again.

I know, I know! CdB? <bleah>

Well, at least I should get points for being dedicated, as I hung through the whole CD (skipping
only two tracks)

...and where The Traveler goes, a cold wind blows....

--
- Rog

http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will
be returned.

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews. Much better!! Next Monday
> we're going to do some threshold training for those that are interested.
>
> I know, back away from the spin bike....

Escpecially if it makes that unoriginal and uninspiring tripe dave matthews records seem like a
good thing.

JD

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews. Much better!! Next Monday
> we're going to do some threshold training for those that are interested.
>
> I know, back away from the spin bike....

I rode some logging/fire road on Bennett Lumber land yesterday. Cold as hell with the wind, but
better than being trapped indoors.
--
Jonesy

JD murmured while asleep:
> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews. Much better!! Next Monday
>> we're going to do some threshold training for those that are interested.
>>
>> I know, back away from the spin bike....
>
> Escpecially if it makes that unoriginal and uninspiring tripe dave matthews records seem like a
> good thing.
>
> JD
compared to the diet of techno and disco they've been feeding, yes. Pathetic isn't it.

P.

JD wrote:
> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews. Much better!! Next Monday
>>we're going to do some threshold training for those that are interested.
>>
>>I know, back away from the spin bike....
>

> Escpecially if it makes that unoriginal and uninspiring tripe dave matthews records seem like a
> good thing.
>
> JD

Yesterday's non-ride (that I led) included JC Chasez & Nelly, but also "Hey Jude", Dishwalla and
BNL, with a warm-up kicked off by Adam Sandler's Hannuka song.

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Oh Penny is a spin doctor. Trainner and four walls. What a joke.

Fire up MTB 03

[email protected] murmured while asleep:
> Oh Penny is a spin doctor. Trainner and four walls. What a joke.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

beats sitting on my ass waiting for the rocks to get covered so I can take my new Rossi B2's out to
play... yeah yeah you ride year round big whoop...

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] murmured while asleep:
> > Oh Penny is a spin doctor. Trainner and four walls. What a joke.
> >
> > Fire up MTB 03
>
> beats sitting on my ass waiting for the rocks to get covered so I can take my new Rossi B2's out
> to play... yeah yeah you ride year round big
whoop...

Just got me some Rossi B1's last Sunday. Nice ski's. Tried the B2 but it was a bit soft for the
eastern ice, if I lived out West I would've gone for them.

Mike - thinking of putting some Go-Ride stickers on 'em.

"Penny S" <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> [email protected] murmured while asleep:
>> Oh Penny is a spin doctor. Trainner and four walls. What a joke.
>>
>> Fire up MTB 03
>
> beats sitting on my ass waiting for the rocks to get covered so I can take my new Rossi B2's out
> to play... yeah yeah you ride year round big whoop...

Yep. I like it!

Enjoy the four walls....

Michael Dart murmured while asleep:
> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] murmured while asleep:
>>> Oh Penny is a spin doctor. Trainner and four walls. What a joke.
>>>
>>> Fire up MTB 03
>>
>> beats sitting on my ass waiting for the rocks to get covered so I can take my new Rossi B2's out
>> to play... yeah yeah you ride year round big whoop...
>>

> Just got me some Rossi B1's last Sunday. Nice ski's. Tried the B2 but it was a bit soft for the
> eastern ice, if I lived out West I would've gone for them.
>
> Mike - thinking of putting some Go-Ride stickers on 'em.

ah, someone understands!! I have really old rock skis (fischer futuras), and I gave my dynastar
4x4's to my son...

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD murmured while asleep:
> > "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >> OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews. Much better!! Next Monday
> >> we're going to do some threshold training for those that are interested.
> >>
> >> I know, back away from the spin bike....
> >
> > Escpecially if it makes that unoriginal and uninspiring tripe dave matthews records seem like a
> > good thing.
> >
> > JD
> compared to the diet of techno and disco they've been feeding, yes. Pathetic isn't it.

That ought to tell you to what crowd spin classes cater to, disco bunnies and technoids. Now if I
chose the tunes for some garbage like that, it'd be the Head Banger's Ball for sure.

JD

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:04:25 -0800, JD wrote:

> That ought to tell you to what crowd spin classes cater to, disco bunnies and technoids. Now if I
> chose the tunes for some garbage like that, it'd be the Head Banger's Ball for sure.

I've been tempted to put on Bound... (If you haven't seen the movie, get it.) That would get people
going for sure....

For now though, my music selection is pretty eclectic - Rara Machine is pretty good, so is Khaled.
(You haven't lived until you tried spinning to some guy wailing in Algerian....) Yeah, spinning
sucks, but it beats riding in the rain. Especially the 45 degree drizzle we get here all winter...

-Kamus

Originally posted by Penny S
[email protected] murmured while asleep:
> Oh Penny is a spin doctor. Trainner and four walls. What a joke.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

beats sitting on my ass waiting for the rocks to get covered so I can take my new Rossi B2's out to
play... yeah yeah you ride year round big whoop...

Played hooky(?) yesterday and hit Willamette Pass. Nice powder on peak two and good coverage all over. It's not the greatest place to slide down hills, but they are working on it and it sure beats work! My legs are sore, sore, sore. No amount of riding or treadmill prepared my legs for the powder. I love that fabulous burn! Have fun.

K.

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:06:12 -0800, "Penny S"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>OK, today's music included BB King, Big Head Todd and Dave Matthews.

Nice, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on
the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > JD murmured while asleep:
> > > "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Escpecially if it makes that unoriginal and uninspiring tripe dave matthews records seem like
> > > a good thing.
> > >
> > > JD
> > compared to the diet of techno and disco they've been feeding, yes. Pathetic isn't it.
>
> That ought to tell you to what crowd spin classes cater to, disco bunnies and technoids. Now if I
> chose the tunes for some garbage like that, it'd be the Head Banger's Ball for sure.
>
> JD

I am grateful for whatever music the Spin Mistress chooses to bestow on us. We, the mere spinners,
are not so bold as to comment on the music selection of "She Who Must Be Obeyed." As long as she's
sporting lycra and a tank top, I'll listen to Gene Autrey cowboy tune.

Its not that I have a one track mind, its just nice to have something to focus on during the
workout, ya know?

Tom

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Michael Dart murmured while asleep:
> > "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> [email protected] murmured while asleep:

> >> beats sitting on my ass waiting for the rocks to get covered so I can take my new Rossi B2's
> >> out to play... yeah yeah you ride year round big whoop...
> >>

> > Just got me some Rossi B1's last Sunday. Nice ski's. Tried the B2 but it was a bit soft for the
> > eastern ice, if I lived out West I would've gone for them.
> >
> > Mike - thinking of putting some Go-Ride stickers on 'em.
>
> ah, someone understands!! I have really old rock skis (fischer futuras),
and
> I gave my dynastar 4x4's to my son...

Oh, absolutely. I can still ride all year round but it's only a 4 hour trip to Snowshoe. Skiing is
a great change of pace and a good leg workout for biking. It also develops quick mental reflexes
which come in handy picking lines at speed. Going out west again in March to SLC Utah to ski. It
was a bit of a disappointment that there wasn't any deep powder and warm temps but the big
mountains were awesome.

http://www.pbase.com/image/14298167

Mike

> Oh, absolutely. I can still ride all year round but it's only a 4 hour
trip
> to Snowshoe. Skiing is a great change of pace and a good leg workout for biking. It also develops
> quick mental reflexes which come in handy
picking
> lines at speed. Going out west again in March to SLC Utah to ski. It was
> bit of a disappointment that there wasn't any deep powder and warm temps
but
> the big mountains were awesome.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/14298167
>
> Mike

Killer picture!
--
Slacker

Slacker murmured while asleep:
>> Oh, absolutely. I can still ride all year round but it's only a 4 hour trip to Snowshoe. Skiing
>> is a great change of pace and a good leg workout for biking. It also develops quick mental
>> reflexes which come in handy picking lines at speed. Going out west again in March to SLC Utah to
>> ski. It was a bit of a disappointment that there wasn't any deep powder and warm temps but the
>> big mountains were awesome.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/image/14298167
>>
>> Mike
>

> Killer picture!

If you like Alta, you would love Fernie.

Penny