Completely OT: Stretching clothes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Micheal Artindale, Jul 10, 2005.

  1. I can't figure out where I can get an answer...

    I have a hooded sweat shirt that is a little small on me. i did not grow, it
    shrank. Is there any way to stretch it without destroying it?

    Thanks,

    Micheal

    Tags:

  2. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Micheal Artindale wrote:
    > I can't figure out where I can get an answer...
    >
    > I have a hooded sweat shirt that is a little small on me. i did not
    > grow, it shrank. Is there any way to stretch it without destroying it?

    HTH, BS

  3. small change

    small change Guest

    Micheal Artindale wrote:
    > I can't figure out where I can get an answer...
    >
    > I have a hooded sweat shirt that is a little small on me. i did not
    > grow, it shrank. Is there any way to stretch it without destroying it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Micheal

    no.
    the dryer is your enemy.
    So is beer.

    Penny

  4. "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Micheal Artindale wrote:
    > > I can't figure out where I can get an answer...
    > >
    > > I have a hooded sweat shirt that is a little small on me. i did not
    > > grow, it shrank. Is there any way to stretch it without destroying it?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Micheal

    > no.
    > the dryer is your enemy.

    I know, it wasnt preshrunk

    > So is beer.

    Good thing i dont drink beer

    Micheal

  5. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Micheal Artindale wrote:
    >> I can't figure out where I can get an answer...
    >>
    >> I have a hooded sweat shirt that is a little small on me. i did not
    >> grow, it shrank. Is there any way to stretch it without destroying it?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Micheal

    > no.
    > the dryer is your enemy.

    Maybe, but fresh dried towels are the shiz-nit!!

    > So is beer.

    Blasphame'!!!:)

  6. On 2005-07-11, small change penned:

    > the dryer is your enemy.

    Always, or just when used excessively?

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  7. All of the above but losing those extra pounds is the
    only other way then trashing the shirt.

  8. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > All of the above but losing those extra pounds is the
    > only other way then trashing the shirt.

    I am the same hight as i used to be, and i actually am thinner, more
    muscular. It shrunk, I didnt grow

    Micheal

  9. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Micheal Artindale wrote:

    > I am the same hight as i used to be, and i actually am thinner, more
    > muscular. It shrunk, I didnt grow

    My Costco reading glasses got weaker, too!

    Bill "they used to work fine..." S.

  10. Thats what you want to believe.

  11. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Thats what you want to believe.

    When I got it, when I was 16, i was 180lbs, I am now 165lbs. I am the same
    height as I was back then, I have not grown since then.

    Micheal

  12. On 2005-07-13, Micheal Artindale penned:

    > When I got it, when I was 16, i was 180lbs, I am now 165lbs. I am
    > the same height as I was back then, I have not grown since then.

    Muscle is heavier than fat. Maybe you were heavier but more muscular
    at 16, and now you're lighter but fatter.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  13. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
    > On 2005-07-13, Micheal Artindale penned:
    >>
    >> When I got it, when I was 16, i was 180lbs, I am now 165lbs. I am
    >> the same height as I was back then, I have not grown since then.
    >>

    > Muscle is heavier than fat. Maybe you were heavier but more muscular
    > at 16, and now you're lighter but fatter.

    Nice <eg>

  14. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > All of the above but losing those extra pounds is the
    > > only other way then trashing the shirt.
    > >

    > I am the same hight as i used to be, and i actually am thinner, more
    > muscular. It shrunk, I didnt grow

    Right Michael. You've convinced us already. Now it's time to convince
    yourself. ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  15. "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > All of the above but losing those extra pounds is the
    > > > only other way then trashing the shirt.
    > > >

    > > I am the same hight as i used to be, and i actually am thinner, more
    > > muscular. It shrunk, I didnt grow

    > Right Michael. You've convinced us already. Now it's time to convince
    > yourself. ',;~}~

    OK.... If that is true, how is it that other sweatshirts that are the same
    size that I have had since the same tim, fit properly?

    I still wear the same size.

    Micheal

  16. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    the

    > > > I am the same hight as i used to be, and i actually am thinner, more
    > > > muscular. It shrunk, I didnt grow

    > > Right Michael. You've convinced us already. Now it's time to convince
    > > yourself. ',;~}~

    > OK.... If that is true, how is it that other sweatshirts that are the same
    > size that I have had since the same tim, fit properly?
    >
    > I still wear the same size.
    >
    > Micheal

    They've stretched? ',;~}~

    C'mon man, just face it - YOU GOT FAT! Heheheheh... >',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - Can't resist a bit of leg pulling, yaknow?

  17. "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    > the

    > > > Right Michael. You've convinced us already. Now it's time to convince
    > > > yourself. ',;~}~

    > > OK.... If that is true, how is it that other sweatshirts that are the

    same
    > > size that I have had since the same tim, fit properly?
    > >
    > > I still wear the same size.
    > >
    > > Micheal

    > They've stretched? ',;~}~
    >
    > C'mon man, just face it - YOU GOT FAT! Heheheheh... >',;~}~
    >

    > Shaun aRe - Can't resist a bit of leg pulling, yaknow?

    I havent gotten fat, but, a post like this, I guess I asked for it....

    Micheal

  18. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Micheal Artindale" <micheal.art[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    more

    convince

    > > > OK.... If that is true, how is it that other sweatshirts that are the

    > same
    > > > size that I have had since the same tim, fit properly?
    > > >
    > > > I still wear the same size.
    > > >
    > > > Micheal

    > > They've stretched? ',;~}~
    > >
    > > C'mon man, just face it - YOU GOT FAT! Heheheheh... >',;~}~
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe - Can't resist a bit of leg pulling, yaknow?
    > >

    > I havent gotten fat, but, a post like this, I guess I asked for it....

    Hey - hope you didn't take offence mate - was just a friendly ribbing!

    Cheers, and be well.

    Shaun aRe
    --
    Life is the dream you wake up to.