Not to early in the season to think about Hydration

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Cletus D . Lee, Feb 7, 2003.

  1. I just discovered at $29.95 the Platypus Kayak Hydrator Hydration System with its own insulated
    pouch. I just got two yellow ones and have them hanging side by side behind my Lightning seat. With
    4 clips on the sides to attach to the seat and reflective tape for visibility, these seem to be just
    the ticket for those long hot rides coming up soon.

    http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr= 6685378&prmenbr=226
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

    Tags:

  2. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Gone from the site! Darn.

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just discovered at $29.95 the Platypus Kayak Hydrator Hydration System with its own insulated
    > pouch. I just got two yellow ones and have them hanging side by side behind my Lightning seat.
    > With 4 clips on the sides to attach to the seat and reflective tape for visibility, these seem to
    > be just the ticket for those long hot rides coming up soon.
    >
    > http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr= 6685378&prmenbr=226
    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    But u can get them here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/campmor/62938.html for the same price and ots
    of other places

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just discovered at $29.95 the Platypus Kayak Hydrator Hydration System with its own insulated
    > pouch. I just got two yellow ones and have them hanging side by side behind my Lightning seat.
    > With 4 clips on the sides to attach to the seat and reflective tape for visibility, these seem to
    > be just the ticket for those long hot rides coming up soon.
    >
    > http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr= 6685378&prmenbr=226
    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    baronn1 wrote:
    > Gone from the site! Darn.

    <http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr= 6685378&prmenbr=226>

    Actually, they are still on the site, but if you don't get the full address into the line, you'll
    get the "product no longer available" message. Just make sure that the stuff on the second line
    is part of the whole url that you put in the address. Sometimes adding the < and > at the
    beginning and end of the address, as I have done, will keep them "together" in a posting.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  5. Dakker

    Dakker Guest

    Sounds like a good idea, however what is the method used to clean Hydration Pack? Is this a hard and
    time comsuming task?

    "baronn1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > But u can get them here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/campmor/62938.html for the same price and ots
    > of other places
    >
    > "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I just discovered at $29.95 the Platypus Kayak Hydrator Hydration System with its own insulated
    > > pouch. I just got two yellow ones and have them hanging side by side behind my Lightning seat.
    > > With 4 clips on the sides to attach to the seat and reflective tape for visibility, these seem
    > > to be just the ticket for those long hot rides coming up soon.
    > >
    > > http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr= 6685378&prmenbr=226
    > > --
    > > Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
    > > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  6. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    I have used a Platypus hydration bladder for about two years now and almost never clean it (the
    inside of the bladder that is). I clean the tube and bite valve every time I fill the bladder, and I
    rinse out the bladder when ever I refill it, but that's not often, since most of the time I'm just
    "topping it off"

    I have had no issues with off tastes, odors, mold, etc. I don't put anything in the bladder but
    water, but I almost never empty it either. If your hydration bladder contributes tastes or odors to
    your drinking water, throw it away and buy a replacement. It's not worth the effort and risk.

    As usual, my $0.02 worth <Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

    "Dakker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sounds like a good idea, however what is the method used to clean
    Hydration
    > Pack? Is this a hard and time comsuming task?

  7. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    Yeah, long hot rides coming up real soon.

    C.C. in Boston with a foot of fresh snow, more expected Monday

    > From: Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> Organization: UT Health Science Center at Houston
    > -0600 Subject: Not to early in the season to think about Hydration
    >
    > I just discovered at $29.95 the Platypus Kayak Hydrator Hydration System with its own insulated
    > pouch. I just got two yellow ones and have them hanging side by side behind my Lightning seat.
    > With 4 clips on the sides to attach to the seat and reflective tape for visibility, these seem to
    > be just the ticket for those long hot rides coming up soon.

  8. Cool Florida doesn't look too bad today, does it?

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA6AC87E.442A7%[email protected]...
    > Yeah, long hot rides coming up real soon.
    >
    > C.C. in Boston with a foot of fresh snow, more expected Monday

  9. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    Actually except for the impossibility of biking, I like snow, ice, cold, heavy wool sweaters, big
    pots of hot soup, and getting into our outdoor hot tub in a hurry and hunkering down.

    C.C., still eating those FL oranges I schlepped back with me.

  10. In article <[email protected]>, dakker44 @shaw.ca says...
    > Sounds like a good idea, however what is the method used to clean Hydration Pack? Is this a hard
    > and time comsuming task?

    I only fill mine with tap water and I never clean mine. (and this is in the mold capital of the US).
    I rinse mine out, refill and store in the refridgerator.

    I used to use Efferdent tablets (False teeth cleaner) in my Camelbak, but I don't even do
    that any more.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  11. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    Carol Cohen wrote:
    > Yeah, long hot rides coming up real soon.
    >
    > C.C. in Boston with a foot of fresh snow, more expected Monday

    Not soon enough. About three inches of snow in the Cincinnati area yesterday, and woke up to
    single digits (temperature, not hands and feet) this morning. I am really looking forward to
    taking my Greenspeed back to Florida in March for Bike Florida, then doing it all again in April
    for Florida Bicycle Safari.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  12. David

    David Guest

    Carol, a TE doesn't make a bad ice biking machine. I put a Noikian studded tire on the rear of my TE
    and a knobby BMX tire on the front for winter riding. The combo is surprisingly stable and easy to
    handle. A foot of snow might be a bit much but less is do able.

    Carol Cohen wrote:
    > Actually except for the impossibility of biking, I like snow, ice, cold, heavy wool sweaters, big
    > pots of hot soup, and getting into our outdoor hot tub in a hurry and hunkering down.
    >
    > C.C., still eating those FL oranges I schlepped back with me.

  13. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    That would be a good idea if I could bike on trails or roads with no cars. It's the slush spray from
    passing cars that does me in. The Boston version of "I've been slimed!"

    But thanks for the tip -- if Boston ever builds more no-motor-vehicle trails, I'll do the tire thing
    in winter.

    C.C.