Now I'm cookin' (ot)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Jan 29, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Just ordered : 7VMM with CPU ATHLON XP 2100 1.73GHZ 266MHz, AX2100DMT3C w/ Heatsink & Fan,
    Complete Combo Kit

    that ought to hold me for a while.

    p.

    Tags:

  2. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > Just ordered : 7VMM with CPU ATHLON XP 2100 1.73GHZ 266MHz, AX2100DMT3C w/ Heatsink & Fan,
    > Complete Combo Kit
    >
    > that ought to hold me for a while.
    >
    > p.

    Nice. I have an A7A266 with a Athlon Tbird 1 GHz from a couple of years ago and it's still going
    strong. Make sure you get the PC2100 266 MHz FSB RAM to go with it. 133 SDRAM RAM will work with a
    lot of these boards but it creates a significant bottleneck. In fact, I was just shopping for more
    RAM and found a great deal on 512 MB DIMMS here:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=20-144-001

    Matt

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

  4. Penny says:

    >Just ordered : 7VMM with CPU ATHLON XP 2100 1.73GHZ 266MHz, AX2100DMT3C w/ Heatsink & Fan, Complete
    >Combo Kit

    Geek. ;-)

    Steve still working on the 500MHz, with a 1G in reserve.

  5. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Ma Penny what you cooking.

    Fire up MTB 03

  6. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > Just ordered : 7VMM with CPU ATHLON XP 2100 1.73GHZ 266MHz, AX2100DMT3C w/ Heatsink & Fan,
    > Complete Combo Kit
    >
    > that ought to hold me for a while.

    I am doing the same with a Xeon 2.8

    Leaving the Athalon world.

    darsh

  7. [email protected] wrote:
    > Ma Penny what you cooking.

    I currenlty have simering in the crock-pot my yearly batch of "game chile":

    3 pounds of diced venison, one pound ground buffalo(no I didn;t kill it myself;-), one pound ground
    bear (black bear) some dark red kidney beans, some red kidney beans, some pinto beans, a diced
    vidalia onion, about 10 tomatillo's, a green pepper, a yellow pepper, a dash of cumino, pinch of
    apple smoked habanero powder, 6 chipotles, fire roasted yellow and blue corn... ohh good golly the
    aroma is out of this world! Too bad it won't be truly ready till tomorrow. after it simmers for a
    full eight hours and rests in the fridge overnight and simmers again for 4 more hours. Who wants to
    come over for lunch Thursday? You bring the Red Hook Winterhook!

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> Ma Penny what you cooking.
    >
    > I currenlty have simering in the crock-pot my yearly batch of "game chile":
    >
    > 3 pounds of diced venison, one pound ground buffalo(no I didn;t kill it myself;-), one pound
    > ground bear (black bear) some dark red kidney beans, some red kidney beans, some pinto beans, a
    > diced vidalia onion, about 10 tomatillo's, a green pepper, a yellow pepper, a dash of cumino,
    > pinch of apple smoked habanero powder, 6 chipotles, fire roasted yellow and blue corn... ohh good
    > golly the aroma is out of this world! Too bad it won't be truly ready till tomorrow. after it
    > simmers for a full eight hours and rests in the fridge overnight and simmers again for 4 more
    > hours. Who wants to come over for lunch Thursday? You bring the Red Hook Winterhook!

    tonight it's Thai:

    Broccoli beef with rice noodles, and garlilc/chile shimp.

    Or maybe pad thai with shrimp, and broccoli /beef over rice. Something like that. I make pad thai
    sauce from scratch that is sooo good, with tamarind and lime.

    Penny

  9. Peter

    Peter Guest

    > I currenlty have simering in the crock-pot my yearly batch of "game
    chile":

    > 3 pounds of diced venison, one pound ground buffalo(no I didn;t kill it myself;-), one pound
    > ground bear (black bear) some dark red kidney beans, some red kidney beans, some pinto beans, a
    > diced vidalia onion, about 10 tomatillo's, a green pepper, a yellow pepper, a dash of cumino,
    > pinch of apple smoked habanero powder, 6 chipotles, fire roasted yellow and blue corn... ohh good
    > golly the aroma is out of this world! Too bad it won't be truly ready till tomorrow. after it
    > simmers for a full eight hours and rests in the fridge overnight and simmers again for 4 more
    > hours. Who wants to come over for lunch Thursday? You bring the Red Hook Winterhook!

    Whoa man! That sounds incredible. I'll take you up on your offer for lunch.

    Cheers,

    Peter - have no way getting there though.

  10. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > Ma Penny what you cooking.
    >
    > I currenlty have simering in the crock-pot my yearly batch of "game
    chile":

    > 3 pounds of diced venison, one pound ground buffalo(no I didn;t kill it myself;-), one pound
    > ground bear (black bear) some dark red kidney beans, some red kidney beans, some pinto beans, a
    > diced vidalia onion, about 10 tomatillo's, a green pepper, a yellow pepper, a dash of cumino,
    > pinch of apple smoked habanero powder, 6 chipotles, fire roasted yellow and blue corn... ohh good
    > golly the aroma is out of this world! Too bad it won't be truly ready till tomorrow. after it
    > simmers for a full eight hours and rests in the fridge overnight and simmers again for 4 more
    > hours. Who wants to come over for lunch Thursday? You bring the Red Hook Winterhook!

    Redhook? Redhook????? That crap is so bad our state ferries sell it. UUUUURRRRRGH SPLAT! What did
    you expect from a beer that is brewed next to a crummy winery in Woodinville? Go buy some Deschutes.

    --
    Cameron

  11. Penny S. wrote:

    > I make pad thai sauce from scratch that is sooo good, with tamarind and lime.

    Stop teasing me... full recipe, prease!

  12. Cameron wrote:

    > Redhook? Redhook????? That crap is so bad our state ferries sell it. UUUUURRRRRGH SPLAT! What did
    > you expect from a beer that is brewed next to a crummy winery in Woodinville?

    There must be something wrong w/ that brewery on the left(wrong) coast because _our_ redhook is
    really quite good (for an American ale). I dunno, perhaps it is because I buy it in 1/2 gallon
    growlers right off the tap from the brewery here in Portsmouth, NH. It is literally right next door
    to my former place of employment. I gave up my mug when I got laid off ;-(

  13. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > Cameron wrote:
    >
    > > Redhook? Redhook????? That crap is so bad our state ferries sell it. UUUUURRRRRGH SPLAT! What
    > > did you expect from a beer that is brewed next to a crummy winery in Woodinville?
    >
    > There must be something wrong w/ that brewery on the left(wrong) coast because _our_ redhook is
    > really quite good (for an American ale). I dunno, perhaps it is because I buy it in 1/2 gallon
    > growlers right off the tap from the brewery here in Portsmouth, NH. It is literally right next
    > door to my former place of employment. I gave up my mug when I got laid off ;-(

    I certainly know about sucking the tap next door. In Lawrence, KS, the Brewery, the only brewery in
    Kansas at the time, was The Freestate Brewery. In Kansas, you can not sell beer on Sunday.

    Well, the Freestate Brewery checked out the laws. If the beer was brewed on-site, you could sell it
    legally on any day of the week.

    So Freestate sold gallons from the tap with a special state seal everyday and Sunday. Watching the
    bottleing process as you handed over your college style cash was worth the cost alone.

    After you filled the bottle, you kept it for the re-fill minus deposit... now that is nice and OGC.

    In a college town with 40,000 students, it was needless to say, a hit.

    darsh

  14. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > Ma Penny what you cooking.
    >
    > I currenlty have simering in the crock-pot my yearly batch of "game
    chile":

    > 3 pounds of diced venison, one pound ground buffalo(no I didn;t kill it myself;-), one pound
    > ground bear (black bear) some dark red kidney beans, some red kidney beans, some pinto beans, a
    > diced vidalia onion, about 10 tomatillo's, a green pepper, a yellow pepper, a dash of cumino,
    > pinch of apple smoked habanero powder, 6 chipotles, fire roasted yellow and blue corn... ohh good
    > golly the aroma is out of this world! Too bad it won't be truly ready till tomorrow. after it
    > simmers for a full eight hours and rests in the fridge overnight and simmers again for 4 more
    > hours. Who wants to come over for lunch Thursday? You bring the Red Hook Winterhook!

    Hell that sounds good!

    No habs John?

    Shaun aRe

  16. Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > No habs John?

    just a pinch of apple smoked habanero powder

    going for flavor not burn this time

  17. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > No habs John?
    >
    > just a pinch of apple smoked habanero powder
    >
    > going for flavor not burn this time

    Of course!

    So where the heck does a meat eatin' male with an appetite get black bear and buffalo meat
    from FFS?!?!?

    Would love to know what the bear meat tastes like........think I could grow my own on an alotment or
    something?

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  18. Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > So where the heck does a meat eatin' male with an appetite get black bear

    build yourself a black powder muzzle loader and go hunting, of course

    > and buffalo meat

    http://www.healthybuffalo.com/ (a few miles from my house) they regularly carry Buffalo, Ostrich,
    Wild Boar, Alligator, Venison, Rabbit, Elk, and Kangaroo

    > Would love to know what the bear meat tastes like........

    quite a bit like Elk.

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > So where the heck does a meat eatin' male with an appetite get black
    bear

    > build yourself a black powder muzzle loader and go hunting, of course

    'K. How do track 'em, just go into the woods and follow the proverbial shit?.....

    > > and buffalo meat
    >
    > http://www.healthybuffalo.com/ (a few miles from my house) they regularly carry Buffalo, Ostrich,
    > Wild Boar, Alligator, Venison, Rabbit, Elk, and Kangaroo

    You lucky sod! There are so many game meats I'd love to try, but there's not many around here that
    are easy to lay hands to ;-(

    > > Would love to know what the bear meat tastes like........
    >
    > quite a bit like Elk.

    Oh, ta, that helps heaps! D'oh! ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  20. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    > Penny S. wrote:
    >
    > > I make pad thai sauce from scratch that is sooo good, with tamarind
    >> and lime.
    >

    > Stop teasing me... full recipe, prease!

    this will require a trip to the oriental market most likely:

    From Simply Thai Cooking (Young/Ayanoglu)

    Pad Thai Sauce

    1/4 C hot water
    2/4 C tamarind paste 3 T fish sauce 2 T sugar 2 T lime juice

    Soak tamarind paste in water for 1/2 hour or so. Put through strainer, use back of spoon to get all
    the paste, leaving bean pod peices behind. Be sure to scrape off back side of strainer. This will
    give you about 1/3 cup or less of paste. Add fish sauce, etc set aside.

    use in place of any jar Pad Thai sauce. Here's an infinitely variable Pad Thai recipe from the same
    great book:

    put rice stick noodles to soak for 1 hour in warm water. Drain. saute chopped garlic in 2 T oil in
    wok add any or all three : dicecd chicken, diced tofu, shrimp, plus 1 tsp red chile paste Push saute
    to side and break two eggs into wok, let them get firm before scrambling. Scramble. Add drained
    noodles into wok with 1/3 cup oil ( oil is necessary to cook rice noodles, don't get grossed out)
    Add sauce, tossing everything for a few minutes. Noodles will soften and decrease in volume, get an
    "al dente" texturue. Add Bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, green onion pieces, toss another 30 seconds.

    I could eat this stuff all day. I've tried a lot of recipes, and this one is the best so far. I've
    been on a mission to make rice noodle dishes and this techinique is the best for them... I do rice
    noodle in other dishes too.

    Penny