NSV - and struggling with my mind...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mette, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Mette

    Mette Guest

    Today I tried on a pair of my "skinny pants", and they fit. They also fitted last week, but very
    tight and not in a flattering way! So it felt good to be able to wear them, although the soft tire
    around my waist was sticking out a bit;o) I figure I would have to lose another 2 lbs before they
    look reeeaally nice.

    Then I got curious and pulled out a pair of jeans (waist: size 26 !!) that I used to wear all the
    time in my skinny period - just below 100 lbs...and I pulled them up, the thighs were not a problem,
    I had to squeeze a little around the butt, but they simply STOPPED just below my hip bones and no
    matter how hard I pulled at each side of the zipper they would not move an inch and there was a huge
    gap where the zipper was supposed to be zipped...*g*. I have lost 6 lbs in three weeks but I still
    have a while to go!! I want to be able to zip those pants...*g* I figure it will take 5 lbs:eek:)

    By my current rate of approx 1 lbs a week, this will take 5-6 weeks. Suddenly it seems like a long
    time, although I know rationally that it is not a long time. I mean - I can wear those pants one
    week before my daughters 5th birthday. If I stick to it!

    Now I have to tell myself that I don't have to fret about it taking a little while. That all my
    efforts are really worth it. I will however face some challenges the following months as I am
    starting 2nd semester at the University on Tuesday. I have to plan my eating very carefully and
    constantly make the right eating decisions, which is really hard when you have been in a classroom
    all day and are starving by 1-2 PM - then the hotdog stands and cantine food really looks and smells
    tempting. And it is soo easy to justify eating this junk by saying "aah, one muffin won't hurt, one
    hotdog won't hurt" but it will, because I will be hungry when I get home (an hour by train). And
    this was what caused me to start gaining weight in the first place...nice and very slowly at first,
    and then it accelerated. So No More Justification. But Awareness!

    Another challenge is that I am so small (5 ft and 113.3 lbs) that I have to eat extremely low
    amounts of food in order to be able to lose something. If I am REALLY good - exercising, drinking my
    fluids, sticking to the low side of the pointsrange - I can lose one half of a pound or lbs a week
    if I am lucky. So although my stomach has gotten used to this amount and I am not as hungry anymore,
    I still feel that I am fighting a tough battle, since I can't really eat food and allow myself to be
    full. When you are a bit larger, you can still eat lots of food and eat at the high range and still
    lose weight. I remember what that was like:eek:) I lost a lot of weight without ever feeling I had to
    struggle. But the lower you get weight wise, the less you can eat...and then 6 more weeks suddenly
    seems like a loooong time....

    (I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period is. On Maintence I can eat
    more than I do now, to stay at goal).

    So there are a few things I need to tell myself:

    1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And that
    is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and if
    there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*

    2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
    before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..

    3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...

    Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality
    check on the jeans..:eek:)

    Tags:

  2. Themom1

    Themom1 Guest

    That's great news!

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    225/188.4/145

    "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    >
    > (I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period
    is.
    > On Maintence I can eat more than I do now, to stay at goal).
    >
    > So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
    >
    > 1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And
    > that is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and
    > if there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
    >
    > 2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
    > before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
    >
    > 3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
    >
    > Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

  3. Those skinny pants are a great inducement to keep OP! It's great to have a goal ahead of you as it
    really helps you so stay OP. Congratulations on "fitting" into them ;-D Elaine K

    Mette wrote:

> [...]
    >more weeks suddenly seems like a loooong time....
    >
    >(I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period is. On Maintence I can eat
    >more than I do now, to stay at goal).
    >
    >So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
    >
    >1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And that
    > is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and if
    > there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
    >
    >2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
    > before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
    >
    >3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
    >
    >Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

  4. Laura P

    Laura P Guest

    Well done for the NSV. I've hung up a newish pair of jeans on the front of my wardrobe to keep me
    motivated. They fit and do up, but I'd like them to be a little less *snug* ;o) Keep your other
    trousers/pants in mind and you'll be in them soon! And take some packed lunch to uni if you can -
    you'll hopefully be less tempted to eat the rubbish.

    Good luck

    Laura

> [...]
    >
    > (I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period
    is.
    > On Maintence I can eat more than I do now, to stay at goal).
    >
    > So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
    >
    > 1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And
    > that is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and
    > if there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
    >
    > 2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
    > before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
    >
    > 3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
    >
    > Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

  5. Connie

    Connie Guest

    What a great NSV, Mette!! You are making great progress!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    Mette wrote:
> [...]
    > more weeks suddenly seems like a loooong time....
    >
    > (I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period is. On Maintence I can
    > eat more than I do now, to stay at goal).
    >
    > So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
    >
    > 1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And
    > that is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and
    > if there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
    >
    > 2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
    > before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
    >
    > 3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
    >
    > Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

  6. Make some zero point soup at the weekend to have ready to eat when you get
    home, I carry emergency food with me, carrot sticks, string cheese and pria
    bars... and remember the five weeks will pass whatever you are eating so you
    may as well eat to benefit yourself, good luck, Lee