NSV - and struggling with my mind...

Mette

Guest
Today I tried on a pair of my "skinny pants", and they fit. They also fitted last week, but very
tight and not in a flattering way! So it felt good to be able to wear them, although the soft tire
around my waist was sticking out a bit;o) I figure I would have to lose another 2 lbs before they
look reeeaally nice.

Then I got curious and pulled out a pair of jeans (waist: size 26 !!) that I used to wear all the
time in my skinny period - just below 100 lbs...and I pulled them up, the thighs were not a problem,
I had to squeeze a little around the butt, but they simply STOPPED just below my hip bones and no
matter how hard I pulled at each side of the zipper they would not move an inch and there was a huge
gap where the zipper was supposed to be zipped...*g*. I have lost 6 lbs in three weeks but I still
have a while to go!! I want to be able to zip those pants...*g* I figure it will take 5 lbs:eek:)

By my current rate of approx 1 lbs a week, this will take 5-6 weeks. Suddenly it seems like a long
time, although I know rationally that it is not a long time. I mean - I can wear those pants one
week before my daughters 5th birthday. If I stick to it!

Now I have to tell myself that I don't have to fret about it taking a little while. That all my
efforts are really worth it. I will however face some challenges the following months as I am
starting 2nd semester at the University on Tuesday. I have to plan my eating very carefully and
constantly make the right eating decisions, which is really hard when you have been in a classroom
all day and are starving by 1-2 PM - then the hotdog stands and cantine food really looks and smells
tempting. And it is soo easy to justify eating this junk by saying "aah, one muffin won't hurt, one
hotdog won't hurt" but it will, because I will be hungry when I get home (an hour by train). And
this was what caused me to start gaining weight in the first place...nice and very slowly at first,
and then it accelerated. So No More Justification. But Awareness!

Another challenge is that I am so small (5 ft and 113.3 lbs) that I have to eat extremely low
amounts of food in order to be able to lose something. If I am REALLY good - exercising, drinking my
fluids, sticking to the low side of the pointsrange - I can lose one half of a pound or lbs a week
if I am lucky. So although my stomach has gotten used to this amount and I am not as hungry anymore,
I still feel that I am fighting a tough battle, since I can't really eat food and allow myself to be
full. When you are a bit larger, you can still eat lots of food and eat at the high range and still
lose weight. I remember what that was like:eek:) I lost a lot of weight without ever feeling I had to
struggle. But the lower you get weight wise, the less you can eat...and then 6 more weeks suddenly
seems like a loooong time....

(I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period is. On Maintence I can eat
more than I do now, to stay at goal).

So there are a few things I need to tell myself:

1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And that
is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and if
there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*

2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..

3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...

Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality
check on the jeans..:eek:)

That's great news!

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

225/188.4/145

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
>
> (I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period
is.
> On Maintence I can eat more than I do now, to stay at goal).
>
> So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
>
> 1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And
> that is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and
> if there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
>
> 2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
> before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
>
> 3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
>
> Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

Those skinny pants are a great inducement to keep OP! It's great to have a goal ahead of you as it
really helps you so stay OP. Congratulations on "fitting" into them ;-D Elaine K

Mette wrote:

> [...]
>more weeks suddenly seems like a loooong time....
>
>(I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period is. On Maintence I can eat
>more than I do now, to stay at goal).
>
>So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
>
>1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And that
> is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and if
> there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
>
>2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
> before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
>
>3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
>
>Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

Well done for the NSV. I've hung up a newish pair of jeans on the front of my wardrobe to keep me
motivated. They fit and do up, but I'd like them to be a little less *snug* ;o) Keep your other
trousers/pants in mind and you'll be in them soon! And take some packed lunch to uni if you can -
you'll hopefully be less tempted to eat the rubbish.

Good luck

Laura

> [...]
>
> (I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period
is.
> On Maintence I can eat more than I do now, to stay at goal).
>
> So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
>
> 1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And
> that is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and
> if there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
>
> 2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
> before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
>
> 3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
>
> Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

What a great NSV, Mette!! You are making great progress!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

Mette wrote:
> [...]
> more weeks suddenly seems like a loooong time....
>
> (I know that my "diet" isn't over in 6 weeks - but my weight loss period is. On Maintence I can
> eat more than I do now, to stay at goal).
>
> So there are a few things I need to tell myself:
>
> 1) Giving up is not an option. If I give up, I will NEVER wear those favorite jeans again. And
> that is what I WANT. It is ridicoulous to quit, because of impatience. I want results soon and
> if there is one thing that doesn't give results it is quitting..*g*
>
> 2) I need to be patient...slow and steady, trusting that the weight will come off week by week and
> before I know it, I will have succeeded - time passes so qucikly..
>
> 3) I need to make decisions about my eating every day. No excuses...
>
> Well, just rambling on...still happy about the first pair of pants though, but had a good reality

Make some zero point soup at the weekend to have ready to eat when you get
home, I carry emergency food with me, carrot sticks, string cheese and pria
bars... and remember the five weeks will pass whatever you are eating so you
may as well eat to benefit yourself, good luck, Lee