NSV of sorts

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ray Miller, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts of
    overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
    13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
    hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.

    That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    important !

    Strange NSV

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

    Tags:

  2. Connie

    Connie Guest

    That's a great NSV, Ray!! Exercising as a stress reliever!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    ray miller wrote:
    > I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    > of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
    > at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
    > an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    > That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    > believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    > important !
    >
    > Strange NSV
    >
    > Ray

  3. Aren't you the guy who, not too long ago, used to wash his car as his weekly (and only) exercise?
    Talk about a life change!!!

    I know what you mean about thinking it "strange"? After all, just who is that person for whom
    exercise is more important than work?

    Prairie Roots

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:54:27 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    >of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
    >13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
    >hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    >That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    >believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    >important !
    >
    >Strange NSV
    >
    >Ray

  4. Congratulations! That is a great NSV, Ray, and one of the best ways to handle stress. I wish I could
    learn that lesson myself ;-( Elaine K

    ray miller wrote:

    >I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    >of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
    >13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
    >hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    >That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    >believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    >important !
    >
    >Strange NSV
    >
    >Ray

  5. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I am one of those people who hate exercise and I guess you could say I am
    realatively lazy.
    However, I have joined jazzercise and paid up through April. The classes
    are perfect for me. One hour long and not so hard that I am spent for the
    rest of the day. I woke up today and had every reason to stay in bed. i.e.
    too cold out, up late last night, hubby was home etc., but I didn't take
    the bait. I got up, put my work out clothes on and before I knew it I was
    almost finished with the class. I am not to the place where you are with
    exercise being top priority but you provide the motivation to get me there.
    Keep up the great work Ray and congrats on the weight loss so far. You are
    amazing.
    Bird
    need to lose 45#
    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:05un10p2lhigfbmpb8fi[email protected]...
    > I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    > of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
    > at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
    > an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    > That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    > believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    > important !
    >
    > Strange NSV
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Wow, amazing NSV, Ray!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    > of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
    > at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
    > an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    > That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    > believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    > important !
    >
    > Strange NSV
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  7. Lynne

    Lynne Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:54:27 GMT, ray miller
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    You know you're getting it when exercise becomes important. I'm so glad you took time for yourself.
    Sometimes it's just the thing to make things smooth out and not look so serious. Keep it up!

    Lynne

    >I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    >of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left at
    >13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for an
    >hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    >That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    >believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    >important !
    >
    >Strange NSV
    >
    >Ray

  8. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Sorry to hear about the stress at work. Going to the gym may be just the answer in helping you deal
    with it . I'm not sure where you work but there should be some sort of laws/policy that can restrict
    the amount of hours you work without a break. Glad to hear that you realised that you'd had enough
    and for your own health you went to the gym to work some of the stress off. This is what causes high
    blood pressure and heart attacks. If it continues for much longer maybe a note from your doctor
    restricting your hours would be helpful (as long as it does not cost you your job).

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    > of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
    > at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
    > an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    > That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    > believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    > important !
    >
    > Strange NSV
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  9. glad it worked for you, and keep it up, seems like an employer would like
    the fact that you are fresher the next day, bet you solve the problem soon,
    Lee
    ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been having major nightmares at work. We have a system problem and I've been doing all sorts
    > of overtime and the stress is getting to me. Yesterday I insisted that I needed a break and left
    > at 13:00. I haven't exercised for 2 weeks and I wanted to go to the gym! I went and worked out for
    > an hour or so. I came out totally exhausted and happy. I didn't think about work all evening.
    >
    > That is the first time that exercising has been more important than work. I still can't really
    > believe either that I left or that I was allowed to leave, or even that exercise is now so
    > important !
    >
    > Strange NSV
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  10. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    That is a GREAT NSV, Ray... really. I'm very happy for you that you decided to leave work in order
    to work out. Incredible!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172