off road cramping of tricepts

ailmd

Jan 20, 2006
when i go off road biking i experience cramping on both arms. can any one help me prevent this. during rides i think im well hydrated ( gatorade ). is it related to seat height? stem lenght? etc. Thanks a lot.

ailmd said:
when i go off road biking i experience cramping on both arms. can any one help me prevent this. during rides i think im well hydrated ( gatorade ). is it related to seat height? stem lenght? etc. Thanks a lot.

Well, if you're getting back into riding, then it's only natural. However, if your stem is too long it could probably cause you to cramp up. Are your arms almost locked? You want your arms to be more or less relaxed when you're on the bike.

Strumpetto said:
Well, if you're getting back into riding, then it's only natural. However, if your stem is too long it could probably cause you to cramp up. Are your arms almost locked? You want your arms to be more or less relaxed when you're on the bike.
+1 Rightly or wrongly I feel good when I'm rigid :p as all **** through my core but conscious of being loose through my upper back, shoulders, arms and neck.

Unless I am trying to unleash 5-15 seconds of fury...in which case I am trying smash my plastic and tear the farken bike to bits - rock solid.

ailmd said:
Have your fit fine tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. Also have an experienced rider take a look at your riding position. You will always want to ride with your arms slightly bent and move them around when you are riding. You also might try doing some core strengthening exercizes so that your arms are not having to support as much of your weight. Also Gatorade is good for hydration and replacing some of your electrolytes, but you probably should eat a banana a couple of hours before you ride for that extra potassium boost. It takes the body a little longer to absorb potassium from a sports drink so you want to give your body a bit of a head start.