Oh, what a beautiful moooorrrrning

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Msa, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Oh what a beautiful day!

    home and collapsing in the chair.

    Done my normal short route out by Epping Forest and then headed across North London and dropped down
    into the city. Had a mooch around Evans bike shop at Waterloo Cut and then crossed the Thames and
    had lunch and coffee sitting outside a cafe in Covent Garden watching the world go by.

    Roll on Summer, now I've had a taste of it I want more!

    Hope everyone's day was as pleasant as mine.

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

    Tags:

  2. M Series

    M Series Guest

    I did 25 miles towards Garforth and back home through Leeds, was going OK until the final A62 climb
    to Morley !! Another month or so and I'll be over the Pennines again. Great day for it though, wish
    I was fitter !!

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Oh what a beautiful day!
    >

    > home and collapsing in the chair.
    >
    > Done my normal short route out by Epping Forest and then headed across
    North
    > London and dropped down into the city. Had a mooch around Evans bike shop at Waterloo Cut and then
    > crossed the Thames and had lunch and coffee
    sitting
    > outside a cafe in Covent Garden watching the world go by.
    >
    > Roll on Summer, now I've had a taste of it I want more!
    >

    > Hope everyone's day was as pleasant as mine.
    >

    > --
    > Mark
    > ______________________________________
    >
    > "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    MSA wrote:
    > Oh what a beautiful day!

    And a warm one. First day in shorts for me.

    > arriving home and collapsing in the chair.

    Bloody hell! 30 miles was enough for me.

    ~PB

  4. John B

    John B Guest

    M Series wrote:

    > I did 25 miles towards Garforth and back home through Leeds, was going OK until the final A62
    > climb to Morley !! Another month or so and I'll be over the Pennines again. Great day for it
    > though, wish I was fitter !!
    >
    > "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Oh what a beautiful day!

    Superb. Took my 8-year old daughter out for her first 'long' solo ride (previously she has always
    been on the tandem trike). She never walked one hill, spinning her little legs. Tea and cake stop
    was at Popham Airfield while watching the planes, then wind assisted home.

    Nearly 30 miles covered - and she's now gone out to ride around the park to practice better gear
    changing. She's one that'll need watching.

    John B

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > MSA wrote:
    > > Oh what a beautiful day!
    >

    > And a warm one. First day in shorts for me.

    Ditto. Looked a bit white on their first airing of 2003!

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  6. John B

    John B Guest

    MSA wrote:

    > Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > MSA wrote:
    > > > Oh what a beautiful day!
    > >

    > > And a warm one. First day in shorts for me.
    >
    > Ditto. Looked a bit white on their first airing of 2003!
    >
    > --
    > Mark

    White shorts, Yuk.

    Where do you wipe your hands after fixing the chain?

    John B

  7. Msa

    Msa Guest

    John B <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > MSA wrote:
    >
    > > Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >

    > > > And a warm one. First day in shorts for me.
    > >
    > > Ditto. Looked a bit white on their first airing of 2003!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mark
    >
    > White shorts, Yuk.
    >
    > Where do you wipe your hands after fixing the chain?
    >
    > John B

    Black Condor shorts, white(ish) LEGS!

    --
    Mark
    ____________________________

  8. Well, the Unfit Family Simmons have had a cycling day too. This morning all three of us acted as
    marshals on a 4-up time trial. Then this afternoon spent the time out on our own bikes cycling round
    the lanes of deepest rural Norfolk
    - to Castle Acre & back. Very civilised. It was a perfect day for cycling.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  9. Niv

    Niv Guest

    I wore my shorts Saturday & today. It was a bit chilly Sat. Bit of an impressionist me, I can do a
    mean one of two full milk bottles at the moment!

    A few more days in shorts should cure that though.

    Niv.

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > John B <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > MSA wrote:
    > >
    > > > Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Ditto. Looked a bit white on their first airing of 2003!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Mark
    > >
    > > White shorts, Yuk.
    > >
    > > Where do you wipe your hands after fixing the chain?
    > >
    > > John B
    > >

    > Black Condor shorts, white(ish) LEGS!
    >

    > --
    > Mark
    > ____________________________
    > Practice does not make perfect... Perfect practice makes perfect

  10. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    <snip>
    > Roll on Summer, now I've had a taste of it I want more!

    Yer damn right..

    > Hope everyone's day was as pleasant as mine.

    Very nice, not quite long enough in the saddle.

    I actually went out late afternoon which on balance was better, fewer cars around.

    --
    Andrew

    "Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, just
    stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options afterwards."

    > --
    > Mark
    > ______________________________________
    >
    > "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  11. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Oh what a beautiful day!

    Good for any time of year, but March!

    > home and collapsing in the chair.

    Was spoilt for choice, sun + no wind normally = long road ride but seeing as the local trails are
    unseasonally dry I went mtb'ing for 4.5 hours.

    About halfway round sat next to trig point scoffing malt loaf and enjoying the view, limited but not
    unspoilt by the mist.

    The only clues to it not being mid summer was the lack of foliage and the pair of white candlesticks
    masquerading as legs emerging from my shorts ;-)

    Pete

  12. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
    "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:
    > MSA wrote:
    >> Oh what a beautiful day!
    >
    > And a warm one. First day in shorts for me.

    Grrr ... my first day out in shorts was a Tescos trip last week, and it got me a thorn/puncture on
    the way home:-(

    --
    Saturday: "the west" publishes pictures of Iraqi POWs. Sunday: Iraq publishes pictures of american
    POWS; Rumsfeld cries foul.

  13. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    > And a warm one. First day in shorts for me.

    Me too, but I was keeping SWMBO company plodding round (the shorter version of) the Kingston
    Breakfast Run rather than cycling. First commute of the year in shorts this morning, however. Time
    to get rid of the leg hair again.

    --
    Dave...

  14. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    Such a beautiful morning, I managed to get DH out of bed to go for a morning ride instead of our
    usual afternoon one. Planned route went a bit haywire when a bridle path I was planning on using had
    been covered by a new industrial estate - but the path is going back in when the estate is finished.
    Ended up getting mildly lost in endless housing estates in Wythenshawe, instead of a nice country
    ride around Styal. 17 miles in about 2 hours felt like a real bike ride, the first of the year.
    Might not sound much to some inhabitants of this news group, but for a veryfatoverfortybirdonabike
    who couldn't do 17 miles in an entire week at the beginning of February, I'm pleased.

    The sunshine continued all day. Round about 4pm I got this 'it's Sunday afternoon and it's sunny so
    I should be out on my bike feeling' and nearly went out again. However my Monday morning aches
    suggest that not going was a wise decision.
    --
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and
    trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett Steph Peters delete invalid from

  15. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  16. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Steph Peters <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    17 miles in about
    > 2 hours felt like a real bike ride, the first of the year. Might not
    sound
    > much to some inhabitants of this news group,

    It doesn't matter Steph, you were enjoying yourself, full stop. Well done!

    --
    Mark
    ____________________________

  17. >Might not sound much to some inhabitants of this news group, but for a veryfatoverfortybirdonabike
    >who couldn't do 17 miles in an entire week at the beginning of February, I'm pleased.

    You and I must be related! I too am a fatbirdonabike who is over forty! We should start a
    fatbirdoverfortyonabikeclub - FBOFOBC

    The key thing is to cycle and *enjoy* it - that way we keep cycling :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  18. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:

    > You and I must be related! I too am a fatbirdonabike who is over forty! We should start a
    > fatbirdoverfortyonabikeclub - FBOFOBC

    the fatboringoldfartonabikeclub which welcomes all genders ;-)

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    their job."

    Samuel Goldwyn

  19. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) of AOL, http://www.aol.co.uk wrote:

    >>the fatboringoldfartonabikeclub which welcomes all genders ;-)
    >>
    >>Tony
    >
    >We may be fat, we may be over forty, we we fatbirdsoverfortyonabike are *never* boring.
    No we aren't - see the 'Horse Ate My Saddle' thread for the 'parrot ate mine' incident. I'm paid
    to be boring - I'm an accountant turned software engineer - so I'm resolutely interesting when not
    at work ;-)