Old Recumbent Photo

Joe Keenan

Guest
http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Heritage/Photos/Cyclists.asp Has some old photos from a New
Zealand website.

And to separate religion from state, Christchurch is a town!!

Check out the photo, "Gloucester Street Bridge", for the Rotary Cycle and the Humber Tricycle.
According to the "Bicycle Man" in upstate New York, the Rotary Cycle was designed to run in the
smooth ruts on the roads of that day. The Humber also rode in the tracks, but was bumpier due to the
third wheel.

Makes a rainy, cold winter day more funner.

Slow Joe

Joe, Nice link. Makes me appreciate how tough it was to cycle back then and the refinements of
modern bikes. Especially when you consider what kind of headache Mr. Wood had
http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Heritage/Photos/Disc1/IMG0072.asp Yet another advantage to
bents. bill g

--
"There comes a time in every honest man's life when he feels the need to

hoist the black flag and start slicing throats."
- H.L. Menken

http://www.motherearthnews.com/menarch/archive/goto.asp?article=081/081-162- 01&ID=2613&Num=4

> details building a 65.00 [1983 dollars] 2F1R trike with an absolute minimum of hand tools and a
> parts list with price of each individual part.

I'm getting increasingly confused here, Dean. Have you got a Reply-O-Matic which pops up and fires
off the above message at random?

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

"Dave Larrington" skrev...
> I'm getting increasingly confused here, Dean. Have you got a Reply-O-Matic which pops up and fires
> off the above message at random?

Yea, I got that one too. Strange...

M.